Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  09:07:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone got any tricks on how to handle all the paperwork?
I really dont want to have to print all this stuff, at that raye im losing money in ink and paper?

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  2:36:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So much depends on how good your DM is. I've had several and anybody that was any good didn't last very long.
I've asked for pay raises and I'm ignored.
We are expected to print out Instructions, etc. with no compensation.
So many people have left due to these problems. It isn't going to take much more for me to leave also.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  3:23:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is one of the lowest paying companies out there. and they don't compensate you for anything. Yes you use a lot of paper and ink and it is such a waste. And all the time printing and uploading work as well as pictures.... NIGHTMARE. I quit a year ago and have no regrets. The other companies I work for pay between 9.50 and 14.00 per hour and pay drive time/mileage/some expenses for printing etc. I will NEVER work for Driveline again and i will NEVER recommend them to anyone either.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Heather_NW
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  07:53:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Driveline for several years. My DM is always helpful and responds quickly to questions. Like Sue A, I simply remind of the hiring anniversary date and the (small) raise is applied. Last time, he had applied the raise before I asked.

As for low pay and no printing compensation, I am in the rural Northwest, we don't have all the chain stores close by that utilize merchandiers. Our project and company options are few ... unless we want to drive more than work. I am happy to have a handful of companies that provide regular reliable projects, including Driveline.

Hints to reduce printing costs:
make sure you are using "draft" mode & black only on your printer as often as possible; if the project is an ongoing assignment - keep the instructions & print only the new info; make handwritten notes for some info; and if you have more than one store with the same project, of course, print only the info that is different and re-use the instructions etc.

Hope this helps.

Heather
merchandising in the NW
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  1:42:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue A have you recently gone over the time limit and gotten paid? The reason I ask is because recently it started where when you confirm an assignment you areed that you won't got over the time they say.

Mary R. And SharonQ I agree about no compensation for printing. Once you figure the printing/ink cost , taking pics/ uploading them, reading the instructions and then reporting time. Any assignment that is 30 minutes or less are total freebies, you make no money on them.
The funny thing is people were complaining years ago that 30 minute assignment were not worth it and that was when you didn't have long report forms and you didn't have to take any photos.
They should not require photos on a assignment less that one hour.

Whenever I have five or more plans to input it take me almost an hour with uploading the pictures and reporting .

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue24

Michigan
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  9:08:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am too frustrated with this company I have been with them for 4 years and am on the verge of quiting. I agree the new system takes up alot of your time printing and recording your work that your not getting compensated for. And as far as my DM she is my best friend one day but has developed amnesia the next.For example about a year ago I lost one of my stores due to greeting cards being low on my rack, I brought it to my DM's attention that I wasn't receiving all of my cards that I ordered from the card company,even though it was out of my control she took my store away. Now I have the same issue happening with this card company again and I have even spoke to my DM 2 weeks ago and told her I never received my card order when it was a service week and that the card rack was very low. So when I e-mailed her to ask her why my store wasn't on my schedule this week<< she informs me that she had another Rep service my store and said the card rack was really low and that's not how the card rack should be. Really!!! So I have sent her a detailed e-mail reminding her that I voiced my concern with her about this weeks ago!I work hard to do a good job at all my stores and am tired of being under appreciated with this company.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  05:55:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue24......I agree with you totally! So much depends on how good your Manager is. I've had several and the 'good' ones do not stick around long. Not responding to e-mails and phone calls are so common. And then we are blamed for problems.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  5:27:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pheephee: It has been several months since i had a job that I went over on the time and still got paid.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  7:26:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What about "buddy" projects where there are supposed to be 2 people? Ive done 1 so far and was supposed to do 3 others so far. Im doing all the work I should get paid for both people the way I see it.

Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  7:42:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh and just so everyone knows.........
I would rather chew my own feet off than EVER do a greeting card inventory again. This BLOWSSSSSSSSS! I signed up to merchandise not count a million cards! lol

Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:13:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have several inventories to do so I did the worst one first, the 19 ft inline rack. Just shoot me. Not only did it take forever to do it at the store, entering it was a joke. WHY do they have to use pull-down numbers? I could have entered the numbers myself so much faster with keypad entry. And then, after entering almost nine pages of numbers, there was no submit survey button at the bottom. WHY? Because the scheduled date was a future date. I had to go back and change the date to the current date, and then re-enter everything. Just letting you all know....check and make sure you have a submit button before you go through the tedious task of doing all those pull-down numbers!
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:56:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah I wasnt fond of the drop down thingie either. It took forever that way.

Go to Top of Page

Sue24

Michigan
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  08:08:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a helpful tip when entering the numbers, you can type them in yourself just click on the first entry type your number in then hit tab. I learned to do that when I do the reading glass plans. Hope it helps!!!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  08:54:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, you can type the numbers then hit tab, but it's stil S-L-O-W-W-W. I used it when I entered in card orders and reading glass inventories.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:43:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, yes you should get the whole time if you did the job alone.
I laughed so hard at your comments about the card inventory I almost fell off me chair.The boxes are so small that we had to input the quanity on the form. I had a hard time reading my own writing.To me one of the worst parts was trying to figure out which gift bag was which. The gift bags are suppose to be on auto replenish anyway so they should have already known how many of those they had . Years ago they had the cards on Auto replenishment and the racks in some stores would be pretty low.
Sue and Sharon thanks for the tip on using tab.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:34:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PheePhee glad you got a laugh!

Yes the gift bag counts were a pain too and 15 mins? Really? I told them that was NOT a 15 min project. I must have counted 50 bags and I had to sort and seperate them, then count shred, invite cards and such? glad it didnt take me the whole time for the card count.

Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  6:13:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM sent an email saying that it is taking up to 5 hours to inventory the cards and then 45 minutes to 1 hour to enter them. I have one to do on Thursday and am not looking forward to doing it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  05:22:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder if anyone ever actually does these projects before they estimate the time it will take to do them?

I'll bet most of us work for several companies at once and if you have a couple of projects that go over time it can derail your entire week.

Luckily one of my companies allows us to work on Saturdays because I've had to use that day several times in the last few months.

Did anyone do the test cosmetic reset? They estimated three hours for two people...that was a JOKE. Complete removal and reset of all those pegged items on two four foot sections, and a plano that was difficult to read for placement of the acrylic shelves they sent. We had nineteen shelves and they were all individually boxed, so even opening the boxes and then breaking them down for the dumpster took time!
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  05:45:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've already been through two card inventories and I actually found it easier to print (in color) the reference guide for the bags and tissue and record my numbers on that sheet for those items. It made it a little easier. I even used the same sheets for the next store, but wrote my counts in a different column.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  07:06:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I had 2 large F$ cards inventories that I did and the first one took forever but the second one took 1.5 hours. Then it probably took me 30-45 mins to enter all that.

Woo Hoo.....not....off to count some more! lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums