Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

JulieSouthernIN
Valued Contributor

Clark, Indiana
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  1:03:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a little sad that I just resigned after 5 years of working for DriveLine.

We are required to update our profiles but I don't have a submit button on mine! After receiving a threatening note about that (I'm sure I am far from the only one) I'm just ... done.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  07:52:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, I updated my profile and it still says on the main screen that I need to update it. When I went back to try and update it again I don't see a submit button either.
Dawnann, I have heard that they have people to complete the resets to see how long they take.
Sue, how did your inventory go on Thurday?
Sandy, I wondered how long it took me to enter the inventory but I didn't time it. I had a problem with finished inventory page submitting.I said to myself that after all that work I would eat my paperwork if it didn't go through

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JulieSouthernIN
Valued Contributor

Clark, Indiana
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  4:53:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PheePhee, you might want to contact your DM if you want to continue working for DL and can't update your profile. We were told we would be fired Sunday if it wasn't done. Just too much for me to swallow any longer.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  5:03:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a huge gift bag order waiting for me. So I inventoried them before putting them on the rack, that took about 45 minutes to do.
Then about 30 minutes to put them up. The cards took me 2 hours 45 minutes to do. I had to keep stopping and moving for customers,normally no one comes down that aisle when I'm doing the cards, not this time, it seemed everyone wanted a card in the section I was doing.I'm glad I only had one store to do. Now I got a apparel reset and homecare/paper reset to do next week. The DM sent out a message on how to do the apparel rest and get it done in 6.5 hours.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  5:09:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pheephee: my page still shows in red to update my profile also, which I had already done. I contacted my DM and said not to worry about it,that they showed I had updated already.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  09:25:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie,wow I can understand them wanting to profile updated but firing for not doing so....
Sue, I have done several of the home care resets,and they are not hard. I'm not looking forward to the apparal resets though.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  2:28:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the appareal resets here is what my DM said to do. He has done a couple of stores.
"Do section A,B,C,E Then go back and do D. That way the least amount of product is off the wall at any one time. And can be done in 6.5 hours."
I got mine the week of 10/24.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1558 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  7:02:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wonder if these are why they finally got around to transferring me. LOL. I got a call from my new DM today. With the other work here, I've decided I only want to do helper work or cover vacations for people and do not want my own stores any more.
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  10:49:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta, I think that's a smart move to just be a helper. Maybe then you doing reset and won't have to worry about those 15, 30 and 45 minutes jobs.
They cut the greeting card jobs down to 45 minutes no matter what no going over that time. So even in the stores that have balloons you have to do that and the cards together in 45 minutes. So now we are getting less than half the amount of time as before.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1558 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  6:35:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PheePhee, that was part of my reasoning, esp after seeing where some of the stores here are. Where I used to live for those little jobs I could always combine it with other work in that general area and the stores were within minutes of my house (even across town wasn't that far), here across town can be a good drive. So I figure if I'm a helper it will basically just be resets and possibly cover for someone when they are on vacation. Also in talking with my new DM there is already a rep here in town. The funny thing, though is there is a bran new Family Dollar opening up about a mile from my house. We've watched it being built and actually wasn't sure what it was going to be until about 2-3 weeks ago when the Family Dollar coming soon sign went up. (We were actually hoping for something like an ACE Hardware.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  06:47:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whew....got the homecare and paper resets done. Those should have been a buddy project!

Did 1 sock and undies reset....took me 8.5 hours and only got paid for 7 but it was my first one and I did it alone. The other 2 I have out call for a partner so im not complaining. Gonna set those up!

Just got a shipment of Dawn samples in and some hanger tags. Not sure what im doing with them yet...lol

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

Ocala, FL
USA
876 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  10:15:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, it is against the law to not pay you for ALL the time that you worked.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  11:16:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, my first apparal reset wasn't fun either. I had trouble getting the bra "bar" things off in section A at first. My finger tips hurt from trying to get those pegs(the old fashioned ones) that hold up the sheet agaist the peg board.
One tip is that if you can get a bunch of extra pegs from the manager. Take the old peg off with the product still on there ,leave it on and place it in a tote or cart.Use the pegs you get from the manager to reset the section. Or you can take the label from the old peg and place on top of the item and stack it in a cart . Also a lot but not all of the products have the FD code on the back so it makes it easier to just look at the code on then look at the label on the peg.
The Dawn samples are for one of those 15 minute assignments next week.
Gretta, the little jobs wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't all the paperwork and if there were only one little assignment along with another one that was several hours that would make it worthwhile. When there are four little ones and that's it , it's not good.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SJeanine
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  12:28:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know how you feel, Julie. I had almost three years in when I finally resigned after feeling so unappreciated by my DM. The RM was great and she and I got along so great but once this new DM took over, everything changed. SHe made my life and job hell. I put my job over everything else practically in my life but got nothing back in return...only criticism...I felt a bad connection, personality-wise right from the git-go and I was always walking on egg shells around her. I was glad when I resigned after she falsely accused me of things I didnt do but also felt sad later that I let her push me out cuz I really loved what I did. Oh well...

SJeanine
Go to Top of Page

Dawn E

Cranston, RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  12:29:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the link for this company?

Thanks

Serving Rhode Island: Cranston, Providence, Warwick, Johnston, North Providence, East Providence
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  12:36:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
www.drivelineretail.com

good luck ,lol

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  05:26:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whew thanks for the info on the sock resets. Knowing the F$ # was on the back helped. Did have partners to finish my other 2 stores and it was way less painful. I know the 2 ladies are busy as well but I appreciate the help!

Just picked up 3 new stores with the resets ending, all close to home!

The slippers were interesting. Broke my scissors day one. Use a box cutter to rip out the bottoms.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  07:01:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, I thought the scissors were going to break when I was cutting the dozens of slippers one store had. I ended of making a smaller cut and then tearing the hole bigger. One store had a ton of underwear and socks in stock, and of course everyone had to come down that aisle
I'm not looking forward to the Balloon corral jobs coming up . The one where you install the corral.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  08:47:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the F$ balloon coral setup yet? Is it easy to put together or hard?

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1558 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  5:28:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just spent two morning this week helping with Food Lion Frito Lays resets. I am glad those are over. I did however, get to meet the lady who has many of the stores in the area and who I will most likely be mostly working with when there are large projects going forward. I did tell her that when I transferred I specifically requested to only be used to help out and not be given any stores. She's very grateful to have someone in the area who can help with the larger projects.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums