Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  8:54:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Went and did the dip rack reset today,thank goodness my helper showed up. She's brand new but did great. Didn't have enough so called into the hotline to order 1 box of 3 racks,but did the rest. Also had to call the OT hotline,60 minutes was not enough,took 3 hours total. Had to go and find the other receiving person because the racks are to be shipped back,so that took awhile to find the right person for that part. Be sure a take a couple of pairs of pliers,i took needle nose pliers. Every one of those racks required pliers to screw in the bolts,that really took awhile! The holes were too small,you couldn't just screw them in. Maybe you guys will fair better than we did with that.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jeana
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  06:24:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

When I posted on August 4 about the hours being low I truly wasn't concerned at that time. But now that we are into September and the regular Sears jewelry visits are not showing up I am concerned. Those hours were usually cut back in the summer but they always picked back up when school started. The jewelry visits usually were steady through Homecoming & Christmas. I have not had any in September. Is this happening to anyone else? I've emailed my DM this morning, I'll let you know what she says.

Thanks!

Jeana,
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  9:46:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I won't be doing the dip rack tomorrow. Looks like they might be doing it theirselves. I called yesterday morning as required. Grocery mngr has been promoted to another position & they have not hired anybody to take her place yet. Talked to store mngr, he had not seen the boxes, paged rec. & they also had not seen the boxes but store mngr. they could be in trailers out back as store is re-modeling. Stopped by there on the way home, rec. mngr on duty at that time was very helpful. Boxes were rec. & sent to warehouse for storage while re-modeling is going on. Had them ordered up & they were to arrive today. I said I would call & check on them today. Called this afternoon , mngr. I worked with yesterday was not there. Girl who handles all the "receiving" had gone home for the day & NOBODY was there that could tell me if the boxes had arrived from the warehouse. Rec. clerk that answered the phone went to look, came back & said he didn't see them anywhere. Soooo, I am not getting up at 5 A.M. tomorrow for nothing. I KNEW this was what would happen. This is pretty SOP for WM.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  06:28:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
lol... who are you talking about.... i know what you mean... omg annoying..

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  8:18:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never did do the dip thing. Called my DM, told her what happened & she said to call the Hot Line for Frito Lay & let them know. Well I call this "Hotline" number 4 times before anybody answered. They said they would have the Frito Lay rep do it themselves when the store was done remodeling. Lord knows where the boxes will be by then. I wish them luck.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  10:09:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have another Fred Meyer shelf conversion this coming Monday at 6 am. about an hour from here. Getting up at 4 am. is a little hard. I hope somebody else shows up this time besides me.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  5:36:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with Gayle, I had a store that nobody else showed up at, and never did reschedule it. Them my DM wanted me to do one at another store,she posted it on my job board at 8PM the night before it was to be done,called and told her no way,could I do it on that short of a notice,that I had other jobs to do that day, so she was going to reschedule it for another day,never did hear back about it

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  3:55:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got back from another Fred Meyer shelf conversion,well almost. Got there at 5:45 am at the address listed and found a nice 1 story house in the middle of a large residential area. Called DM almost 1/2hr later after driving around to make sure there wasn't a Fred Meyers anywhere. Waited for a call back,nothing so i went home (1 hr) drive each way. Emailed her and got a reply right away,wrong address,even wrong city. Went back to address she gave and worked to help them finish up for 2 hrs. At least she said she would pay drive time and mileage because it was drivelines fault they put down wrong address,so we'll see when the check gets here.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

CMitchell

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  03:40:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Let me share my experience concerning Driveline in MI. Applied online within 2 days heard from a recuritier, postion sounded good, so I accepted. Scheduled from 9pm til 4 am, doing a reset in Meijers...Ok, 8 ppl arrived to do the reset including the young lady that hired me in & district mgr. Were resetting HBC dept the entire night. 2 ppl to a team working different sections in HBC. So around say like 11:30, this woman walks up to me and my teammate & asked would we be interested in permanently working this store. We both looked at each other & was like : Ok, why not. Mind you this woman did nothing all night but talked, instead of doing her job, Assist when needed, and had a nasty attitude & just didnt care how she spoke to ppl. So my partner & I finished up our 40 ft section, came time for us to place the pricer tags. By then it's like 3:30 am in the morning person tired & ready to go home. So we install the strips and my partner starts cutting the strips to fit the items on the shelf properly. She comes around and starts yelling at my partner about cutting the strips, I felt so sorry for my partner she was about to cry. I was like hold up arent you the supervisor, isnt it your job to go around and inspect all of our work to make sure things are getting done correctly. She was like I'm speaking to her, I'm like it seems your yelling more than anything to her. So everyone stops & just listen. The other mgr comes around and just stands there and says nothing. I'm like from my understanding it's a mgr jobs especially when working with a team this size to go around inspect everyones job performances & ask does anyone need any help or is there a problem with anything. She was like I dont have time to argue with you about this. I'm like I'm not arguing, I'm asking you a question concerning your positon, Is it or is it not your responsiablity to do your job with a team this size. Then she tried to get louder, I'm like hold up I'm standing right here, all that loudness is just totally uncalled for, Let's lower your tone. Mind you still the other mgr standing there saying nothing. By then it was 4 am...I told the other mgr I'm out and my work was done. And they can find someone else to work this store, I wasnt interested. My partner was like thank you,thank me for what : she was rude & unprofessional as a supervisor. Now, mind you the other DM, hadnt said a word at all, the entire time. So, the next morning my cell phone rings & the DM asked me would I consider the position once again. It took alot for me not to laugh in her ear, so I kept it professional & was like thanks but no thanks, I'm sure I can find much better. I wouldnt be surprise if some of the DM's are posting threads on here about how good Drivline happens to be, they may be in other cities, if they are thats good & all...But MI, DM happens to be a straight up "WITCH".....
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  4:36:04 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't expect a lot of work from them. Even if there is full time work, they won't allow you to work more than 15 hours/week, and they will hire someone else to do it.

In my area, they had enough work to keep me busy FULL TIME. 40 hours/week! They refused to let me have it, they told me they would only allow 10-14/hours a week maximum and that they would hire 2 other people to handle the rest. It didn't matter the locations were close, and that it was weekly work. It's company policy to pay the lowest hourly rate in the industry, then not allow someone to work more than a few hours/week (In other words, not let them work long enough to pay those huge bills such as mortgages and rent)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  5:11:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know about other places, but I do know in this area they upped the hours per week a rep can work to around 25. I've actually had more than that a few times over the past two month due to reps not doing work/leaving and vacation or whatever.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  3:51:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any feedback for this company in Ohio? They are posting like crazy in my area.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  4:07:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they are cheap

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  4:56:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They keep everyone at low hours so you won't get insurance, 401K etc. I get 1 or 2 jobs every week to 2 weeks,not much more than that. And yes it's just below $10.00 Hr with a 3% raise on your yearly hire.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  5:50:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've probably am so far averaging 5 hrs per week for January with them, this month was averaging about the same, except for last week and this week both of which are right around 2 hrs each week. Now there are weeks that I do get around 20 or more hrs, but typically get between 5 and 10 hrs in a week.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  9:10:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Gretta,thats great. I'm at 4 jobs per month. Would love to have more work.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  08:08:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got the email this morning that Driveline has decided to eliminate both the Great and Really Great eMerchandiser Bonus programs effective Jan 01, 2010. Never even knew they had one.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  12:04:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they went from being cheap to being really cheap

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  1:42:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
O.K. Deb,i wasn't going to say it( or was that write it) but YES you're right!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  3:52:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, most of that work is in Family Dollar and Dollar General, but I also have monthly work at Staples and occasional work at Target and Food Lion.

Anyone know what these two bonus programs were that they just eliminated? I've never heard of them before.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums