Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  11:05:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The balloon corrals arent bad on a normal ceiling. If you get a store in a strip center with a weirdo ceiling it def poses a problem.

Just got some kind of notice on a frito lay deal....need to check it out.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  6:39:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The frito lay job is doing chip resets in WM. Usually its a crew up to 6 people.In my area they start at 5AM.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  07:45:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Will be glad when our work picks up!
This only having greeting cards @ FD and the Prepaid @ DG makes for a slowwwwwwwwwwwww end of year!

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  1:38:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied to Driveline about amonth ago and never heard from them. Just last week they sent an email...

quote:
GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE
This notice is being sent to your attention based on your previous completion of a Driveline application and/or your interest in part time assignments with Driveline in the past.

Due to significantly increased national customer demand, Driveline Retail Merchandising is currently seeking to hire both part time and temporary merchandisers in your immediate area. We are looking for experienced and energetic professional merchandisers to provide merchandising services for our high-profile clients within various retail chains. With this opportunity you would be responsible for covering retailers within your assigned territory and/or for providing assistance on team projects within your area.

At this time, Driveline is preparing to increase store service calls in all 50 states beginning January 2012. Peak work will be available February through May.

If you are interested in part time or temporary employment, working from 10 to 40 hours per week, Driveline is the perfect company for you (please note all applicants must meet certain criteria to be eligible for employment).

To indicate your interest, click the REGISTER NOW button below. Confirmation must be made within the next 7 days. Failure to confirm your interest and availability will result in removal of your application information from our recruiting system.

Don't Miss This Tremendous Opportunity to work with the best team in the merchandising industry.

We look forward to hearing from you and to your becoming a valued member of the Driveline Team.

I clicked the link in the email and filled out the simple form.

Have not heard back yet.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  3:53:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got that email too. I haven't heard anything either.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  8:10:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got an email from my DM that DL is starting a new territory mapping procedure that will automatically select our stores in a 25 mile radius of where are home is. He said some people may loose stores and others will gain more stores.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  11:06:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard from my DM and I got my old job back. I will also be doing the resets but I will have helpers.

Sue, that may be good news for some and bad news for others.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  11:45:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it!

Meanwhile, all I hear is the chirping of crickets...
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  1:09:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, I just asked my DM... she said honestly, she does not know..... some time in January or February. Stay tuned. I hope you get to do a snack or chip reset. Easy breezy! The only problem was getting up in the dark.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  1:32:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hopefully it doesn't automatically assign me any stores since I've told my DM I am only a helper and do not want any stores.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  6:50:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb, The DM said that it would most likely only affect the people in major metro. areas. I'm in a rural area and also they have us only work in the city/town that we live in, in my area. As some towns are far between each other.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  06:33:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted several months ago and told to contact a DM for my area, who then told me to send her all this information to send to HR who would send me information... But I never heard back. So I contacted the DM again who asked me to send it all again. She said she was hiring flex reps. I never heard back. Then I received the same email about hiring and was I still interested. If they ask me to send all that information again I think I'll decline.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  06:54:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanSG

She said she was hiring flex reps.

Glad you brought this term up. Been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting.

What is a "flex rep"?

I also heard this term used in merchandising tasks. For instance, "Flex the napkin section." What does that mean in this case?
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  07:24:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry T, in our case to "flex" product is more to spread product because of holes on shelves or too much product that needs to be sold.

"flex" reps are the merchandisers that will cover for other reps or go out to do resets to complete projects when a company falls behind or a project gets missed, it also means you will be jumping through hoops and dancing on the ropes not knowing what your next "gig" is but still getting paid the same, have not seen this term in a while because it is a losing poposition.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  06:39:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email saying they expect to have 60% more work than last year.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  06:55:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are hiring 'surge merchandisers' in my area. Any idea what they do?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  07:58:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, this is a copy and paste from a Google search..

Surge Merchandiser -
Apply Now
Company: Driveline Holdings

Date Posted: December 31, 2011

Driveline Retail Merchandising is currently looking for surge merchandisers to service various retailers in your immediate area. We are seeking experienced & energetic merchandisers to provide merchandising and perform resets for high-profile vendors in all retail chains. You will mainly be responsible for covering retailers within the geographic boundaries, or temporary work assisting others on Team projects. Driveline is getting ready to increase service call visits in all 50 states starting in mid January. Peak work hours will be available in your area during February, March, April and May of 2012. If you are interested in part-time or temporary work between 10-40 hours per week with a starting salary of $9.00, then Driveline is the perfect company for you. Applicants must complete an...

View full job description
From NARMS JobBank - 22 hours ago
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  08:43:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby got a narms posting from them for $9.50 an hour, they bumped their heads!

One New Years resolution we made was no jobs under $12.00 an hour and it has to employ both of us, these piddly job offers stink! We do our best as most of us do and the pay keeps getting lower and lower and people keep taking them, they want these jobs done pay a better wage for the pros.

We have pulled our profiles from some of these web sites that just don't pay squat and are concentrating on the better paying jobs out there, and they are out there.

MindyZ & Hubby

Oh, by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  10:03:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb, thanks, I should have researched more, sorry.

Mindy, great resolution. For me, it was to stay on with companies that have on-going work, weekly or bi-weekly. I just quit a great company, but their work was monthly as an average, plus over-load at the holiday time. I stayed with the company that has sent me the most money over the last year or so. No more 1-2 jobs per month, just enough to have to wait for that w2.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  10:19:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I liked working for them. I love doing greeting cards, we did glasses too, candy resets (easy), underwear/sock resets and much more. Pay is decent and work is varied so you never get bored. I have no idea how much work there is now. I stopped working for them 2 years ago. I am a rehire and continuity merchandiser along with the others.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums