Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  7:37:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thankfully they did not assign me a territory since I do not want one and am only there to help. Now to get it through their heads that I need a bit of advanced notice if I am going to help as I have several jobs and a couple that pay much, much, much better. Like they wanted to know on Monday if I could help with some reset today. Um, sorry, but I had already scheduled today to drive to a city an hour away for a route of stores that pay much better even with the travel time and gas (and yes I get more than compensated for the gas and travel time, hence the reason I love working for them).
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  06:09:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was not assigned a territory at all! I have no idea why....in the past I have had plenty of work on my schedule. Who knows now, with DL's new way of doing things. And none of it makes any sense.
I wonder what happened to all the stores that I regularly serviced.
I am REALLY getting fed up with this company! It is obvious that they don't care about their employees or clients.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  06:41:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got my new territory and its kind of goofy. They took 4 stores away, which 2 were a pretty far drive and I was tempted to give them up anyway but the other 2 I have to drive right by to go 7 miles further to get to 1 new store they gave me. That makes no sense.

Also got the surge rep notice from NARMS.com for a few of my permanent/regular stores, not sure what that is about. But at $9.50 an hour uhm I got hired at $9 and ive got 2 yrs exp and 6 months with DL.

They also gave me 2 Walmarts that I did not have. Not sure what projects the Walmarts are but if its that 5 am start time stuff I have a problem with that as I have to get my daughter on the bus at 7. I set my hours when I started in Sept and again a few months later but they keep resetting them FOR me to start working at 5 am regardless of how I set them.

Ive emailed my DM twice now and have not heard back.
I like Driveline, the holidays were slow but most places are except retail, but they should speak to their people before they just change the available hours for someone.

Ill let you know what happens.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  06:51:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about...I've seen ads on NARMS for the town I live in! And I also cannot do Frito Lay start time 5AM. They kept changing my available hours on my Profile Page.
I have worked for DL for 3 years and have always been pretty busy with work. My DM hardly ever answers e-mails or phone calls. I've had 3 different DM's since I've started and they have all been the same. I don't know why I stay with this company...it isn't going to take much more of this and I will quit.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  07:05:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I am thankful I live where I do. I have great communication with my DM and the area regional manager too! I have one more location along with my 2 local ones. I do not have constant work in the third location but now I know I will have work there. My schedule keeps growing and growing. Woohoo!!~
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  1:05:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have also seen Ads for my area on Narms. I think with upcomping resets they may require more than one person so they want cover there bases on that.
I wonder if the $9.50 could be because the surges are likely to get less work so they figure they will offer them more to "bait" them.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  2:53:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, I don't work before 8 am, especially in the winter weather around here. I like to see when I slide off the road. If they demanded me to work like that, I won't even think about it.

I work merchandising to be able to set my own hours, within certain limits, and if I had to be at somewhere at a certain time, I'd quit.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  5:59:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't get a territory, but my DM said that most of us wouldn't get one, and if our stores were going to be changed he'd let us know before hand. Nothing has changed for me.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  05:48:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok sorry i was slow to respond. A couple of days after I posted here my DM sent out a MASS email with everyone asked to set their hours for the profile again if you had a problem with the times listed. So I did. Never heard back again on that issue. Still show 2 Walmarts and 2 missing stores I have to drive by on my territory list, so we will see. Everything is supposed to come into play on Monday.

Right now that bites for me because I REALLY need to see my schedule but I will deal.

Also my territory has a listing for "training", not sure if someone is coming to train me? (A lil late for that! lol) Or for me to train others.

My DM is normally pretty good about calling me back ESPECIALLY if I call him during the day from a store. Just had to do this the other day because I had a greeting card display with coke spewed ALLLLLLLLL over it! What a mess!

Guess we will see what happens!

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  3:59:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, someone spilled coke on the cards too? Yuck
Go to Top of Page

JulieInTX994
Apprentice

Texas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  4:03:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Driveline for 5 years and 6 DM's and today...no work on my schedule. I live way out in the country and the closest store is 23 miles in four directions. No work for me I guess. This stinks.

Julie Bagwell
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  06:03:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think people can spill drinks anywhere. I cringe when I see any fixture I service set near the stacks of soda cans or even 2 liters. I keep clean-up wipes on hand for those. When I took over a movie route with another company at one location all the dvds on the lower racks were stuck together. ewwww!

Unrelated to DL but related to spilled coke.... I used to manage an antique mall and one of the vendors came in with a coke. I mentioned opened drinks were only allowed in a certain area. She ignored me, then less than five minutes later opened her drink and it spewed all over her floral arrangements. And that is why open drinks are only allowed in certain areas. DUH.

DL related now

First weeks have gone well. Is it usual that in a not especially large town there were two reps working one chain of stores? As I've gone in as the DL rep I've told the managers about the territory change and found out there were two DL reps.

I have another training set, this for Team Lead on the chips. Ugh, 5 am and it's at a location almost an hour away. Well at least there should not be much traffic on the road in the morning.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  5:34:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a new dm.Checked my schedule for next week, nothing there. I did have a F$ listed for next week as info only and now it is gone. Had to meet with the new DM today. Called me late on Thurs. nite, telling me(more like demanding) that I had to meet with him today to go over things. He tells me that I need training for my job that I'm not doing things right. He has been with DL he says for a year and only been merchandising for 2 years. I told him I've been with DL 8 years and that I'm going on 20 years in merchandising biz. BUT I have to have him train me in the way that things are going to be done from now on. I guess that I won't be working for DL much longer then.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2012 :  07:24:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, sometimes the plans will come off you schedule then return in a few days because they needed to change something.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2012 :  07:59:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed the schedule changes a lot too. Makes life interesting... I confirmed the same job 3X. My schedule is great now. I have loads of work. 3 stores to service. Doing the happy dance!!

I did not do well on the belt/wallet reset. The manager showed me where I was to put the 2 panels. Then on the return form they wanted the old belts styles going back. The form said quantity recieved. I thought they wanted the new styles received.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  07:49:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok still not seen my "new" schedule. Still have the old stores. Not sure what the situation is here but im working so thats good.

The coke thing...OMW someone dropped a 2 liter on the floor and it exploded ALL over the Get Well, Sympathy, Thank You card side! Ugh I had to trash about 100 cards and re-wipe everything down. The coke had spewed all the way up to the sign above the display that says "Greeting Cards"

Yeah and not sure I need training. Ive got 3 years now with no complaints and my managers love me but if the DM wants to come down....bring it on....then he can talk to my managers too! LOL

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  09:13:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We got an email from our DM stating that not everyone has gotten their territories yet. I really have no idea why not. Jobs are added to my account on a sometimes daily basis. I got my territory last week. I check everyday and am confirming more and more work for my area.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  10:07:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Didn't DL work on the laundry area in F$ previously? I got a call from another company about it.

I know the DL person that works in the same DG, has my son upset. Evidently the store removed DL's spinner of movies, and all movies were put on Sony's fixture. Bad, when Sony rep comes in and can't find anything but DL movies. He confirmed who did it with the store manager. Paperwork going thru the channels as we speak.

I don't think it was any of you, because I don't think you would take another companies fixture for your own. Hope I'm right.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  8:37:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MarlaB,yes Driveline has been doing the laundry resets in Family Dollar for years I thought they were coming up in Feb or March.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  06:36:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have DL laundry resets for both F$ and DG.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums