Posted - 01/26/2012 :  06:38:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does everyone have territories now?
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  3:20:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I see that regularly in my DG visits; DL movie fixtures are overstocked, so *someone* fills the Sony fixture with the surplus. What's worse, they put the non-Sony movies in front of the Sony titles! I pulled over 160 non-Sony titles from the display one visit.

A couple of mgrs have admitted to doing it, not knowing any better, but some stores said the DL rep was doing it.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  3:36:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This assignment with the other company is for early March. Only in F$ in one town, but not in another. Who knows, definitely not me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  12:36:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hm. Ok, so far I do not mind working for DriveLine except for the team jobs or anything involving working with someone else. I especially do not like this person they tell me I will be working with a lot. I am going to have a serious problem with the Frito Lay resets because they've scheduled me for some that require a good bit of driving and I have difficulty driving when it's dark. It's a vision problem. But one of the two DMs who both lay claim to me, said she would fire anyone who didn't accept a Frito Lay job she assigned them to.

The section of my profile that had hours I could work never let me change those hours. It only let me change one thing which I forget what it is now or they would have known, can't work when it's dark. Well I can work if I could get to the job location.

So it's quit or be fired.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  5:34:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan, Go into your profile and you will find your DM's manager, She/He is the regional Manager. Contact them and explain to them about not being able to drive in the dark.

When DL fires anyone the excuse always is "violation of company policy" If you ask what policy you supposably violated, you won't get an answer. Anyway I never did.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  5:44:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sue. I tried talking to one of the DMs today, but she kept boasting about who she accepted no excuses and I could never get her alone to explain, so I left. I'll check out the info.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  8:17:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We did the F$ laundry resets in September of last year.
Now im doing DG laundry resets.

Schedule is still not right, they are fiddling with it but im getting 35 hours a week right now so I can complain.

The Magazine racks for over the coke boxes at the DG's are AWFUL!

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  8:35:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Magazine racks over the coke boxes? Oh no. That does sound awful.

I've got my first laundry reset next week. Any opinions on how difficult they are and the best way to do them?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  05:59:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan the gravity feeds take the full allotted time. They are just more difficult due to the arrangement of the shelves and the dividers and such. The gondola shelves are taking me about 2 to 2.5 hours which is less than they allotted but no biggie. Just do one section at a time like it says. Its not a difficult reset and their sections arent as big as F$.

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  07:40:06 AM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DG stores are much cleaner in comparision to some of the ones in my area that I have serviced for merchandisers on vacation or sick leave or what have you, so I consider myself pretty lucky.

However I was totally surprised at the condition of the gravity fed shelf liners in the laundry section - Globs of detergent lined with thick dust and smeared throughout. Of course I cleaned them and then once one liner was cleaned, the others had to be cleaned too as they changed to an obvious bright white
(We are talking cleaning, not a simple wipe off the liner.) Is anyone else experiencing this and/or are you cleaning all the liners?

Anyway... after submitting 300 minutes I noticed at the bottom it read 290 minutes under Completed Work. I figured this was a mistake, but yesterday after submitting 330 minutes for a different job (not laundry) it reads 297 minutes at the bottom. Did I miss a memo, is this a system bug or has it always been like this and I just never noticed?

Edited to Add: Just noticed the final column has the right amount of minutes under the pay link - so all is good :)

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  09:08:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As a customer, I find that the laundry and oil shelves are always filthy. Just an observation.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  07:10:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the one store I had with the gravity feed shelves yes they were dirty. Not filthy but dirty. If they were too yucky or cracked my manager let me swap out the shelf liner no problem. I swapped out 6 i think in the whole section. She keeps her store pretty clean as well though. And yes EVERY shelf has to be cleaned that is a main part of the project.

Some of the shelf liners can be turned over as well. Sounds like you got a dirty one.

Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  07:13:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard anything about positions for "Area Coordinators" with this company?

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  07:59:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the salty snack reset at 5 am? I did not make it to the store until 5:30 but was supposed to be there at 4:45 am. I could not sleep all night due to getting totally psyched watching the SuperBowl...screaming for Eli to get a touchdown for Giants. Anyways my next one is tomorrow and I will be on time.
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  3:25:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCBarb, we obviously don't have the same DM. LOL Mine would have called and woken you up. I walked into one exactly on time and got a "where are you?" phone call. I told her I really was walking in the door and she turned around and saw me.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  07:31:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how the magazine racks for DG will be sent? Will it go UPS or on the DG truck wednesday?
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  07:54:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The magazine retrofits for the top of the coke boxes next to the registers are coming in on DGs truck I think as are the new big racks they are getting for mags. All of my stores already have their box.

Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  6:16:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok when doing the DG Mag Display "Cannon Retrofit" A socket of 5/16" and a ratchet is VERY handy to get this job done quicker. These are much easier than the others but STILL took me 2.5 hours to get done alone. Thats alot of work for one person.

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  6:29:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow thanks for the warning. I hope for the best.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  12:59:37 PM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanSG

MCBarb, we obviously don't have the same DM. LOL Mine would have called and woken you up.

Mine too!

Too funny that you got called as you were walking in the door

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums