Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  08:02:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their reporting software is really a pain. Why can't they streamline that so it works? I spend way too much time fighting with it for what I make in store, but on the upside, they are definitely keeping me working!

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  5:24:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that Kris... try clicking on refresh every time you enter. I have to do that. I have not had a problem with reporting. I do have problems with scheduling and some of the DG jobs.
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  6:26:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm finally figuring it out! Today's work was entered in about a half an hour, so I'm getting the hang of it.

I took the job with DL because my already steady merch job was only about 20 hours a week. I figured I could supplement my income a bit. Instead, the first employer has added on work, plus DL has me doing a lot of things and tomorrow will be my first full day off in six days.

I'm tired, but looking forward to having the money to buy my kid's school supplies in a few weeks. She's going to be a freshman in HS this fall, so I'm sure we'll have to have the "right" things, and hopefully I can cover it without causing damage to our budget right now.

I like it a lot. My manager is really nice, works with my hearing impairment very well by communicating via email, and the store managers are great about it too, since I read lips. I feel pretty fortunate.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  06:41:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good for you Kris....just refresh after every entry. I had to call someone when I did my first job. She first told me to refresh the page and then make sure you enter data for your drop down boxes. For example if you do cards, you might see a drop down in red letters at the top of the work order for returns. You need to click on the red letters to enter no returns to submit (or something similar to that). You will see lots of work from DL. I love this job.
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  09:41:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, MCBarb. I'm loving it, even if I don't have time to cook dinner and baby the whole family. At least soon when I have time off, I'll have enough money for us to go do something FUN! I'm trying to work to live, not live to work.

The lead up into the holidays is gonna do me in this year, altho I'm hoping by then it will all be routine and easy on me. Just takes some time to get things organized.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  7:38:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I ran into a F$ store mgr in a grocery store yesterday. I did her store regularly when Certified had the account. She told me DL rep had only been in her store once in the past 7 months; The rep stayed over half a day, accomplished nothing.

How often are DL reps supposed to be visiting the F$ stores?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  05:37:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I visit mine every week. It depends on the store.
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  07:15:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in mine every week as well.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  1:17:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does our percentage have to be in order to get a raise? Mine is down to 94%.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  1:23:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you kidding....a raise....ha ha

Mary
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  8:52:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

What does our percentage have to be in order to get a raise? Mine is down to 94%.

101%

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  06:02:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a raise for doing jobs on time etc. every year I worked so far. Now that I am covering another territory my rating has dropped. I am now getting jobs for a third territory. I will only cover 2. I will ask my DM. Thanks for the replies.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  07:57:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope your rating dropping wasn't reflecting someone else's work prior. that wouldn't be fair.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  8:38:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for driveline. One of the merchandisers I used to work with, who had been with them for over 10 years, said that raises, drive time, and mileage and anything else like that, if approved, are taken out of your DM's yearly bonus. So, if you have a greedy DM (my lips are sealed ), then you will find it hard to get anything from them...even a raise. This is just what I heard.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  08:42:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do really like this job and I think my DM will give me a raise cuz I have been driving to another town to cover and now will do the the third location WHEN I can. She is aware I have other things to do so I hope for the best. The only problem I have and will have is doing all of the spring resets by myself.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  10:04:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Driveline for 4 years. I've had 3 different DM's. So much depends on your DM. MCBarb your DM sounds good. All 3 that I've had have not been good. They never answered e-mails or their phones. I've always been on time completing and reporting my service calls. I repeatedly asked about a raise and other things. They always promised or ignored me.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  4:28:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I do really like this job and I think my DM will give me a raise cuz I have been driving to another town to cover and now will do the the third location WHEN I can. She is aware I have other things to do so I hope for the best. The only problem I have and will have is doing all of the spring resets by myself.

Barb, ask you DM if you can get one of your friends to be a surge, they do not get assignments, but they can be a helper when you need them. When I worked with Driveline, I had a surge, not sure if they do that anymore, but it was sure helpful.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  06:28:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried to get my neighbor to work with me last year but no go.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  07:29:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called my DM and things are changing (to be announced ).... the ratings are changed quarterly to begin with so I will be back at 100% soon.
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  6:18:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had worked for Driveline for 3 years and recently left. There was good steady work with them and enjoyed the clients. One thing that upset me was I recommended a friend to take over my territory and she got hired. She has no prior experience and her starting pay was more than my pay when I recently left the company. I worked 3 years for them, she just started and is paid more than me.

I have more than enough work with other company but was a bit taken aback when I heard this. She doesn't know since I didn't want to reflect anything bad about the company onto her.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums