Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  07:18:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The exact same thing just happened to me. I got my neighbor who has experience in retail to be my helper. She will be a Surge merchandiser and get more money than me. It does not bother me. I love this job and will work with my helper now! It is so good to have someone help me. I hope she likes it! I will do the continuity.... blowing up balloons and putting out cards and gift bags is a very fun job!! I will get my raise next year and keep on going.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  06:43:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no helper. HAH.. the only problem I am having now is getting paid my drive time and miles to cover another territory. Not good...they asked me to cover a third territory and I said, "No ....period." They refuse to even look for another rep to cover areas without a rep so what will happen in the spring is my jobs will be totally late. There is no human way to get these jobs done.. especially considering drive time.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  06:31:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found out the DM is not longer with us. Did anyone else get an email about working over time and not getting paid unless we get approval? I was also told no pay for working over on continuity. Sooooo they want us to work for nothing. Hmmmmm, interesting.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  09:40:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

Sooooo they want us to work for nothing. Hmmmmm, interesting.

No surprise to me. That's one main reason why I stopped working for DL. My former co-workers, who have been with them a long time, very often work overtime without overtime pay. They put up with it because DL fits their schedules. But DL better watch out because someday they will get the smackdown from the DOL. It's only a matter of time. This is not what is called an "exempt" position to the best of my knowledge therefore they must pay overtime after 40 hours in a week as is required for all "non-exempt" positions. It does not matter if the company says the employee must be approved to work overtime in order to receive time and a half. If you are in a "non-exempt", hourly position and you work over 40 hours in a week, you must be paid overtime, approval or not. If DL wants to stop paying overtime then they need to police all their employees' hours and stop them from going over 40 before it happens. That is their duty as an employer. But if they drop the ball and an employee works over 40 any given week, without asking for approval first, they still have to pay time and a half for all hours over 40. Period. They can scold you, reprimand you, write you up and even fire you for not following the rules (not asking for approval first) but in the end, they must pay the overtime pay for the non-exempt position.
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  8:13:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCBarb,I was told that over a year ago that overtime on assignments had to be "pre-approved".

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  05:10:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never once called my DM or RM and gotten a reply. They never answer the phone as they have several states to cover. I emailed my DM .... am waiting for a reply.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  5:03:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email saying Carrie is no longer with Driveline. Oh ....really? She has been gone for over 2 weeks now. They also sent an email with over 30 jobs needing to be completed like today.
Go to Top of Page

MikeRMO

MO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  06:26:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I love this job.

This was within your post in July. Any change of heart yet?
I would think that most realize Driveline has hurt the income and job security of those it employees far more than they have help to gain industry respect and pay was much better with some of the companies that became Driveline 6+ years ago. Their starting pay for their piddly jobs is a joke. You could work part time with consistent hours at a convenience store for same wage. Goodnight Driveline, your fail is upcoming.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  6:38:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do love the job..that is why I am so upset. This is is a chat board where we discuss things... positive and negative. They owe me a lot of $$ and do things that are soooo wrong. Oh well.. that is merchandising Driveline style.
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  8:34:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I learned quickly too. I've just been too busy with the extra work my main Merchandising job gives me, in addition to the new stuff we are handling in our regular stores. It was pretty ridiculous. I'll stay where I am, where I am treated well and they have the same high expectations for their field reps as I have for myself.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  05:16:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kris, did you quit too? I am looking for more work myself... I confirm jobs, then my DM takes them off my schedule and gives them to someone else.
Go to Top of Page

D-Elfe
Apprentice

Mosinee, WI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  06:48:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted by them saying I was hired and needed to fill out new hire paperwork and would be contacted shortly by someone. That was months ago. Still no call. Does anyone have a phone number for me to contact them?
Go to Top of Page

Candy607
Trainee

OH
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  3:56:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Driveline since they purchased MCA. My husband also works for them and helps me when needed (My DM has been aware of this and never had a problem before)I always helped out when needed, referred others, busted my tail to get jobs completed on time when she overscheduled me etc. I work another job (which she has known)
A month ago she emailed me asking if I wanted to give up a few stores but to "just say the word" if I did not want to. I emailed back that I did not want to give up any stores. Then I get a nasty email that I had to commit to her that I and my husband would do 3 6:00 am resets in a store that we are not even assigned to or she was taking stores from me. I politely replied that I did not understand why she was doing this as our work is always completed on time and she has known our availabilty for YEARS. I got no response and had so far kept the stores.
Last week she sent me and several merchandisers emails stating a large reset was upcoming and we needed agree on a day to do it and that if overnight it would be time and a half. The timeframe she sent was an 11 day frame and that we had to respond to her within 3 days. I sent a nice email stating overnight would be best for me and gave her several dates. I went on to say that if a date was agreed on that I could not do, my husband would help instead. Never heard anything back.
Today I get an email to call her. I called and she informed me she was taking 2 stores due to my availabilty and because my husband has been helping me. (Which she has known!!!!) I only had 5 stores to begin with and was only averaging a total of 10-15 hours a week. Her tone was rude and nasty for the entire conversation. I am so upset and mad at how I have been used by this company. I really wish I could find another company to merchandise for-- have been applying but no luck in this area.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  4:23:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Who is you DM.. Sounds like mine a few years back... I eventually quit.. Best thing I ever did.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Candy607
Trainee

OH
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  4:33:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla

Candy
Experienced Merchandiser looking for Northeastern Ohio work. **RESET TEAM CABABILITY**
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  4:37:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok. not the same person. i guess they are all the same.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  4:38:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candy607

I have been working for Driveline since they purchased MCA. My husband also works for them and helps me when needed (My DM has been aware of this and never had a problem before)I always helped out when needed, referred others, busted my tail to get jobs completed on time when she overscheduled me etc. I work another job (which she has known)
A month ago she emailed me asking if I wanted to give up a few stores but to "just say the word" if I did not want to. I emailed back that I did not want to give up any stores. Then I get a nasty email that I had to commit to her that I and my husband would do 3 6:00 am resets in a store that we are not even assigned to or she was taking stores from me. I politely replied that I did not understand why she was doing this as our work is always completed on time and she has known our availabilty for YEARS. I got no response and had so far kept the stores.
Last week she sent me and several merchandisers emails stating a large reset was upcoming and we needed agree on a day to do it and that if overnight it would be time and a half. The timeframe she sent was an 11 day frame and that we had to respond to her within 3 days. I sent a nice email stating overnight would be best for me and gave her several dates. I went on to say that if a date was agreed on that I could not do, my husband would help instead. Never heard anything back.
Today I get an email to call her. I called and she informed me she was taking 2 stores due to my availabilty and because my husband has been helping me. (Which she has known!!!!) I only had 5 stores to begin with and was only averaging a total of 10-15 hours a week. Her tone was rude and nasty for the entire conversation. I am so upset and mad at how I have been used by this company. I really wish I could find another company to merchandise for-- have been applying but no luck in this area.

The typical Driveline story.

As far as getting hired by another company, don't worry, just apply and eventually you will get hired. They all take a while but they will hire you. Of course, you may not get more than 5 hours a week (lol), but they will hire you.

I would check out Acosta. They pay me the most out of any 3rd party merchandising firm company I work and have worked for.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Candy607
Trainee

OH
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  4:57:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
5 hours with another company will probably still pay more than the 10-15 with Driveline lol. Thank you for the response!

Candy
Experienced Merchandiser looking for Northeastern Ohio work. **RESET TEAM CABABILITY**
Go to Top of Page

SJeanine
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  6:54:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Candy,
So sorry to hear about your experience...I live in IL and had the same thing happen to me...I dont know how these people manage to stay with Driveline...and, I dont know how Driveline keeps getting employees...you'd think after so long people would stop even applying with them...
sjeanine

SJeanine
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  07:12:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't work for DL and never have, but have the same name. I've worked with someone by the same name previously with another company and had a hard time with that person, very overbearing and demanding.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums