Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

AsShelton
Trainee

Pace, FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  03:56:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Driveline is an "OK" company to work for. They are the lowest paid that I have seen. As a Master Merchandiser you will be assigned a territory of stores, mostly Dollar General and Family Dollar stores. Driveline has a very poor reputation with the stores and most of the time the SM's hate to see you coming or just aren't pleased. The stores expect a lot and for you to go above and beyond what the requirements might state in your paperwork. Yes, it is a LOT of paper that is required. You are supposed to get the manager to sign your paperwork, however that paperwork goes no where after it has been signed, you just retain it. I see others have had different experiences and it is going to depend on your area and DM. I got paid drive time and mileage everywhere that I went. When there were large resets to do, I did have help to do it. You will be expected to be a "Team Leader" with NO EXTRA PAY for another third party of merchandising help, normally "SaSR." The starting pay for Driveline is somewhere around $9 and as a Team Lead over the other reps from another company who will be making somewhere between $10-$15 and a lot of them are really lazy, sloppy, and just really no help at all, but you will get some good ones! Also, someone said something about no OT but I always got OT. If you are willing to drive for them, they will send you wherever to help get things done. I spent a lot of time traveling for DL to help clean up jobs that other reps may have reported done, but the SM is claiming is NOT done, fixing mistakes and covering territories that had no assigned rep. The turnover for them is crazy and they are always needing help or at least in my area they did. I've never had an issue with payment, late payment, missing or otherwise. Some weeks you can get 40+ hours of work and some may be less than 10, it really has it high and lows. They require PICS for EVERY project but reporting is really simple and normally doesn't take much time. During resets you get to meet fellow employees as well as people from other companies. You get to see who works great and then we would just get together and request each other for our teams to create our own team where personalities didn't clash and we got things done. It can be a great place if you learn how to manipulate things to work in your favor. When you get hired, your DM usually asks you to get another person hired on to be your helper. I got my wife hired on with me. We both had seperate territories but did all of our stores together but claimed mileage and drive time seperate. Same thing with reset teams, once you get to know someone, you can carpool but still claim your drive time and mileage. Last thing, I know a lot of people say that they will give you projects and not enough time, but I find the opposite to be true. Again if you get a flow going you will learn that the time is more than enough. Let's say project X is alotted 120 minutes but you were able to complete in 45 minutes, you can still claim ALL 120 minutes or at least I did because regardless Driveline is going to charge the client for the entire alotted time. So, again it can be manipulated to work out in your favor greatly!! If you start spending more time than what is alotted on the project then you will not like the job because you will be over worked and underpaid. Work smart, NOT Hard!!!

Anton
FL Panhandle & Southern AL
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  08:26:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh yay, now they have a new policy for calculating drive time and miles so that means you will not get paid for that either.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  6:26:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area, they only pay $8.00 per hour.And it was like pulling teeth to get drivetime/mileage even if you go over 40 miles one way. And the DM always made sure that you got less then 20 hours a week. This is on the west coast and the rocky mountain states.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

AsShelton
Trainee

Pace, FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  10:46:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christina L.

Any updates on this company? I am suppose to be working with them on their Master Merchandiser, I would have a circuit of stores?? Please give me any feed back that you may have. Thank you!

It looks like a lot of people have had a negative experience or two with Driveline. You won't really know for yourself until you try it. Just take what everyone is saying and be mindful and watchful. I guess it really depends on the area that you are in and how you make that experience. I haven't had any of the negative experiences that others have posted. I will say that the DM's seem to have a lot on their plates, so flexibility is key. My DM oversees roughly 300 dollar stores according to her and that is a lot. I talk to her everyday several times per day because she loves the fact that I am flexible. She can call me up at any time and say can you go here and I'll say "Yep!" then she will load the job to my board and I still have my own territory. To go out of your area requires Regional Manager approval and my RM also knows me very well again because of all the emails she gets for me to get approved to travel and get things done!! If you are a person that constantly declines work or isn't very flexible then you will start to get skipped over for work. This has been what my experience is and talking to others in my area!! I really hope this all helps and I hope you end up liking it...By the way, I will say the only downside is there is no training, you pretty much have to train yourself unless you are lucky to be in an area where the Regional Trainer will be.

Lots of luck and stay positive

Anton
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  05:18:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any suggestions on getting an application thru on this company. I filled out a brief application on line with a comment asking how I may submit my resume. I never hear back from them. I know they have projects in my area as I see their reps on the vendor sign in logs. Very frustrating! I live in a very rural area of CA and need more companies to work for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

Christina L.

Whitehall, PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  3:00:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sally

Go here http://www.retailgis.com/rgis_portal/x_driveline_employment_application.htx

also I am on the east coast and I am dealing with Pamela or Cheryl. I forgot her name. Although I think it is Cheryl that called me.

And she seemed fairly nice, told me I would get drive time, and mileage. She also asked me to sign up someone to help me with the the large resets.
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  3:04:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Christia! I have done that application (twice) but still no go. Frustrating as I am well qualified and have worked in this industry for 4 years. I know that 'they are out there' but just can't seem to put my fingers on them!

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

AsShelton
Trainee

Pace, FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  5:37:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sally Farrington

Thanks Christia! I have done that application (twice) but still no go. Frustrating as I am well qualified and have worked in this industry for 4 years. I know that 'they are out there' but just can't seem to put my fingers on them!

If you can somehow find a rep that is working in your area, they can refer you. Referrals normally get hired right on and the person makes a bonus off of it. That would be the way to go or find out the DM's information for your area.

Anton
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  08:41:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anton, that is a great idea!I will check if Driveline has a separate vendor sign in page and leave a sticky note. I mostly work in CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid (in very rural areas) and rarely see other reps. Hopefully, they will get a bonus for referrals and won't see it as a threat to snag their jobs! Thanks you so much for your thoughts.

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2013 :  07:31:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess their new system did not work properly so we will have to wait for our mileage/drive time til next pay period.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  09:27:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! DL is paying drive time and mileage for continuity work. It is not a lot of money but it helps a lot. I am proud of them.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  09:55:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Driveline, but I haven't heard anything about getting paid for DT and mileage.
What did you hear about it?? details?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  1:32:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mary R.

I work for Driveline, but I haven't heard anything about getting paid for DT and mileage.
What did you hear about it?? details?

When you go to submit your time..you will see a box (next to in store time) that should be checked. The box says "CALCDTM"... means calculated drive time and miles. They will give us a certain allowance for driving to stores. ~ Way cool!!~ It is not much but it is something ... & is more than I can say for other companies. I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  6:04:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They had an ad for hiring in my area and it stated mileage paid after 60 miles per day,nothing about drivetime in the ad.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  04:19:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am pretty sure they are hiring for the many resets they have starting in February.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  2:20:33 PM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cosmetic resets are loaded! Looks like 3 slammed weeks of pure fun for me

Everyone excited?

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  06:21:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carrie was fired as DM a while ago, so one of the merchandisers took over as DM. She quit in an email yesterday afternoon.... so now we have no DM again.

I have 1 cosmetic reset to do and the store will prolly do it.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  3:54:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about giving Driveline a try, but upon reading the feedback, Iím not so sure if this is a good company to work for, by my standards. In my case, I work for several merchandising companies (doing audits, resets, various merchandising work each month), yet my schedule is flexible where 99% of the time, I can pick and choose the days and times that I want to work, as long as I complete my work by the deadline, because these companies have an ongoing system where they give me at least 2 weeks notice for all upcoming jobs . . . that way, I will not have any work assigned to me with just a few days to work it.

Yet upon talking with a DM at Driveline, I was told that they do not assign work that way. They basically told me that I would have to check the company's database each day to see if I have work assigned to me . . . yet they also send an automatic email letting you know that you have new work assigned to you. However, it seems that their work has ďhard datesĒ for the actual days that they want the work done (they claim due to the customerís request). Plus Iím put-off that you have to print so much paperwork for each job that you work. I donít mind printing a couple or so pages for each job that I go on, yet when I have to print 5+ pages (especially when the content is all color) on my dime, I know that I do not want work assignments like that or work for a company that requires you to print out so much paperwork for every job. Now with that being said, as long as the company compensates for all of these books / multiple pages that they want me to printout, then Iím okay with it. Yet as near as I can tell, Driveline does not pay or compensate for paper and ink. Iím okay about not being paid for drive time or mileage, as most companies I have worked for in the past do not pay this . . . yet this is the first time I have come across a company that seems to require you to print out many pages of paperwork for each project AND does not compensate for it.

Out of curiosity, when you get assigned work by Driveline, are the dates hard dates or flexible? What is the percentage of work you get assigned, that has hard dates? Normally, how many pages per job do you have to print out for the average Driveline job?

Yet all-in-all, it sounds like Iím better off sticking with merchandising companies that always offer flexible work dates and require little to no project paperwork printing.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

SheilaDuhart
Trainee

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  2:06:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The hard dates in my experience have not been set in stone. It's just that you have to email your GM and have them change the date for you, whereas the flexible dates (which are blue and clickable)you can change yourself.

Sheila
Go to Top of Page

Heidi R
Apprentice

Milwaukee, WI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2013 :  8:22:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have contacted me many times. I am not sure what they pay in your area, However here in WI, they only pay $9.00 an hour. I will not do assignments for that low of pay. There are better companies out there.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums