Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  4:01:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every 6 months you got paid a bonus of an average weeks pay depending on your reliability.... if you were 100% you got a full average weeks pay, if you were less you got less... it was just a little something to look forward to.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  4:24:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck Gretta. I used to be with Driveline but not anymore and am making at least $2 more per hour doing the same work with another company. It was fun working with DL doing cards etc.
Go to Top of Page

JulieSouthernIN
Valued Contributor

Clark, Indiana
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  4:55:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Goodness. I'm not sure what to think about the elimination of the bonus program. :(

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  5:31:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh, it's those bonuses. I'd never heard them termed anything before.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  5:31:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is what's was in the email that they sent to me.
As we are all aware, the economy is posing challenges for everyone. Driveline needs to be financially responsible and proactive. To that end, the company has reviewed its business goals, objectives and processes in order to find ways to protect the future well-being of the company.

As a result of this analysis Driveline has decided to eliminate both the Great and Really Great eMerchandiser Bonus programs effective Jan 01, 2010.

We appreciate all of your hard work, and we know we will have your support as we all strive for continued business success.

I like the part about how they know we'll still support them for this move. HMMMMMM

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  5:39:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Apparently also a new CEO and upper management group are part of the changes.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  9:54:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow,i wonder if that means the 3% yearly raise or .27 cents on your hire date will be done away with too?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  07:38:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly,I laughed when I read that bit in the email about us supporting the bonus cut. I don't think it was a smart move on their part to cut the bonuses out. It was a great incentive to get work done one time,without that incentive I'm sure there will be many late plans by some..

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  3:36:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes i guess that $3.00 safeway bonus i used to get every 3 or 4 months will be gone now. My Dm emailed out a blind email to everyone and said (when she was having another meltdown day) that every time a person does not show up for a job Driveline is fined $2000.00 per person. It makes you wonder how much they must get from these companies for a job if we're paid just below 10.00 per hr and they want it done within a few hrs or less.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  8:20:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working for DL now for 4 yr & I have had no problems. I have a great DM & average about 10hr wk which is fine with me as I only want to work PT anyway. I hate to see those bonuses go though. And I agree, now there is no incentive for some reps to do the job on time or at all. I know that when they go through a hiring phase there are always blanket e-mails going out about reps not completing the jobs on time. Apparently this is a real problem with some hirees. I take the job seriously, enjoy the work & am satisfied with the pay. It took me a year to find this job & I'm grateful to have it. There is nothing else in this area.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  9:05:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish i could get 10 hrs a week,that would be great! I'm doing good if i get 1 hr a week,sometimes every other week i get 2 hrs.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  9:40:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, you need to get a Family Dollar and/or Dollar General. That is where a good bit of the work is at. I had about two months were I was getting between 20 and 30 hrs per week, however that was due to a rep quitting and my manager needing someone to fill in until she could hire someone for those stores. She also had to get permission from the company for me to have that many hours per week. Like Gayle, I also have a wonderful DM.
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  2:53:54 PM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Driveline I laugh at them HA! and I am going to end it at that.

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  9:19:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got another email saying they are going to do away with the 401K company match,but that you could still put money into your 401K and how this will be better for the company.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  07:26:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL. whatever.... next they will be dropping our hourly rate for the GOOD of the company

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  12:45:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw the email about the 401K. I didn't even know they had a 401K to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  05:29:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well,just noticed my Safeway DVD job this week has been cut down to 18 minutes instead of 90 minutes according to the print out sheet for the manager to sign when i'm done and what's on the dashboard.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  07:42:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have much next week. I remember that happening once before, but I think it was more how I scheduled the work rather than that they don't have anything. Usually, I can fill in a whole day with Driveline work, and sometimes part of another. Occasionally, in the past, the whole week was crowded because of resets. I got so much grief from going over on one assignment I do frequently, that I just stop what I'm doing when the time is up. Of course, I pace myself in tasks so it won't be a complete mess, but I'm unwilling now to do such a good job if I'm going to be called a "frequent" offender by my DM. I could make some of my assignments look so much better. Now I just look for other companies to give me work for the rest of the week. Most of the time, I have them. There is a big lull next week.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  08:11:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got hired on by this company, sounds like they can keep you pretty busy. I like to have a regular schedule and know what I am doing each day so this sounds perfect. I have a FD and a DG, any feedback would be great!

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  3:14:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FD and DG are where most of the work is for this company.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums