Page: of 35

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2013 :  9:51:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heidi R

They have contacted me many times. I am not sure what they pay in your area, However here in WI, they only pay $9.00 an hour. I will not do assignments for that low of pay. There are better companies out there.

That's twice now you have mentioned "better companies out there." Which ones would you recommend? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  06:55:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've seen an ad for a Master Merchandiser? Any ideas what it entails? Do you get more pay being a "master merchandiser"?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  4:46:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, when I worked for them my title was master merchandiser after I had been with a couple of years they came up with that title. The pay was the same amount as when I started and no added benefits,just a fancy title and it was doing the same work that I had been doing.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  2:34:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sort of what I expected. Amazing how many titles we can 'collect' along the years.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  6:56:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the feedback, Sheila. I appreciate it. Since my last posting on March 4th, I have decided not to further seek employment with Driveline and I think I will stick with merchandising companies that offer more flexible work schedules. I guess since I currently work part-time for 2 different merchandising companies and them offering flexible work schedules to me from day 1, I am very spoiled. LOL!!!

Heidi, since I am in Los Angeles, I do know that they (Driveline) pay $10 per hour here, which is about the going rate for most merchandising jobs that I have seen in the Los Angeles area, since I have been working as a Merchandiser since 2010. Yet I do know that some companies will pay $1 or $2 per hour more, based on your experience and or the extra duties that you take on. When I used to work on reset teams, it seems that often the Team Lead makes $12 per hour, since they have more responsibilities and have to have more expertise and know how to resolve problems to try to avoid having to go to the District Manager for help while working in a Team Leader capacity, which were my observations when I worked on reset teams in the past. Yet since I have had some very arrogant mean and or nasty Team Leaders, I currently do not work reset team projects. I would rather work alone . . . so I guess that is another reason why I opted not to seek employment with Driveline, as I do know they have some projects that you have to work in a reset team and or with a partner. I believe that you have the option at Driveline to turn down work when it is assigned to you, yet I am willing to bet that they will not keep a person on too long if they often turn down work. Yet for me, for now, I do not want to work on a reset team or with a partner.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  9:14:16 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Possible job opening in Ashboro, NC. w/ News America Mktng.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  06:39:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, Master Merchandiser is for continuity work, resets, doing cards and balloon services, cut ins, etc. Pay is ok but on the low side. If you stay with the company they give you a raise. Now they pay a little for drive time and miles for continuity work....thank goodness. It all depends on where you live. You may not get a lot of work but you may like. Give it a try. If you don't, you can quit. I quit once. I work mostly at Dollar General and Family Dollar. I put out dvd's, cards and balloon are my favorite job.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  10:01:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone having sending pics or getting the page to load?? I cannot enter any jobs .. I sent one job but now cannot send pics.
Go to Top of Page

RobinMay

Theresa, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  4:54:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today was one of those days that I wonder why I keep working here.I had a 12 door pizza reset.Had a helper each had 2 1/2 hrs to finish in Walmart.My helper left after 4 hours and I stayed another 2hrs,boxing up 3 shopping carts of overstock/deleted items.packing out the new product and I am going back/forth trying to get my time so I get paid for my hours.Working in and out of freezer was not fun.Tough tough job today for peanuts. Strange is I got 7 hrs for a 4 door cooler/freezer reset in DG last week.I hope there is a mistake somewhere and fix it fast so I can report my work for today.I love merchandising,but am so tired and very discouraged.

Robin Simpson
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  8:25:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try 12 doors of ice cream, 4 nights a week, with 1 person helping, oh, don't forget out of stock labels on 6 doors after product set.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  8:43:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried Driveline a few years ago. Mainly we did the Frito Lay resets all over. Would get there at 6 am after driving an hour one way,no Frito Lay rep.,had to stay at least an hour, then call manager to say no one showed including 3 other people who were suppose to be there, all for less then minimum wage i would find out later. That lasted about a year and i moved on.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

RobinMay

Theresa, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  04:46:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my brother is a DM for Mission foods,He was telling me that a couple of months ago he walked into a Walmart and there were 13 carts full of chips and not much on shelf,when he asked what happened,WM manager told him that Driveline was resetting and when 9am came they all walked out because time was up.
My DM did touch base with me last night and said I would get paid for my time,waiting :)

Robin Simpson
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  09:36:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If anyone is having trouble sending pics >>> try a download of Firefox. That worked for me.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  4:05:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, now the DM is saying it was DriveLine so Firefox does not matter. I finally uploaded my pics but only on Firefox.
Go to Top of Page

RobinMay

Theresa, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  4:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thankfully I have not had problems loading photos.Sometimes it seems if I report work orders around 4:30pm,I have issues with the server as if many are downloading or uploading at that time.

Robin Simpson
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  3:41:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was also told no raises this year. I am going to make other plans for sure.
Go to Top of Page

RobinMay

Theresa, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  4:13:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I was also told no raises this year. I am going to make other plans for sure.

I was kinda wondering about the raises,Thanks for the heads up on that.Lots of resets coming up,makes me not want to confirm added work outside my regular stores

Robin Simpson
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1669 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  06:40:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DL used to pay for copies too but not anymore. Yea they gave us $ for driving but it does not make up for the fact they are one of the lowest paying merchandising companies.... and most difficult to work for. One week I had 2 45 minute jobs. Pay was less than $20.. no raise?? Hmmm, see ya.
Go to Top of Page

RobinMay

Theresa, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:54:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a 10minute project in a store 30 miles away next week.It takes 5 minutes just to get to the vendor sign in log.Not confirming this.I love merchandising and have respect from the 10 regular stores I service..But I am feeling a bit used and abused by low pay,not enough time on project to where I have to beg to get paid for my time and watch payroll to make sure the little bit of free time does not amount to more.Not to mention babysit these newbies during resets because they just do not care or have any experience.
Tallgrass seems to be getting all their eggs in order,I now have a DM with that company..Just waiting for work on the portal.

Robin Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  4:45:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RobinMay

I have a 10minute project in a store 30 miles away next week.It takes 5 minutes just to get to the vendor sign in log.Not confirming this.I love merchandising and have respect from the 10 regular stores I service..But I am feeling a bit used and abused by low pay,not enough time on project to where I have to beg to get paid for my time and watch payroll to make sure the little bit of free time does not amount to more.Not to mention babysit these newbies during resets because they just do not care or have any experience.
Tallgrass seems to be getting all their eggs in order,I now have a DM with that company..Just waiting for work on the portal.

I do not work for Driveline, however RobinMay, I hear you on the time that it takes to sign the vendor log. LOL! I am employed by 2 separate merchandising companies, but I pretty much only sign the vendor log for 1 company, because I have to take a photo each time that I work at one store, but I only work at that one store and it is not a route, nor do I have to make service calls at any other stores for this company, so I donít mind signing it, but I only sign in AND out when I leave . . . I do both at the same time, because it often takes a long time to get the vendor log, because I have to wait for someone at the counter to get it for me . . . I am not allowed to go behind the counter to get it myself. I do not know why this store does not permanently keep it on the counter, since the vendor log has a section for over 50 big name companies that need to sign-in when they come to this store on a regular basis. So I figure if I have to do that, I might as well wait to the end of my service call and sign in AND sign out , take my photo of where I signed in and signed out, and then leave. Whereas with the other company, I have a route and make multiple calls to 12 different stores and all of them keep their vendor log in a different place and it takes too much time to go hunt down the vendor log every time I visit these same 12 stores. I normally make a service call at these same 12 stores twice a month. Yet I have only 2 store managers that demand that I sign in and sign out, but I will only do it if they are on duty when I call upon their store . . . whereas until my district manager demands that I sign the vendor log, I am not wasting my time doing it. Since most of my work that I have to do while making a service call, I have other paperwork backing up my visits. Plus some of the paperwork I have to prepare in the store, the store managers have to sign off for my service call anyway, yet with this particular company, they are basically paying a flat fee for each call that I do anyway, unless a call runs over and I have to ask for overtime. Yet I have become so efficient with my service calls, I have not had to ask for over time since last summer. Since this company has never said anything about my signing the vendor log, I figure why bother. Plus I figure why spend all of that time (per store) wasting time signing in and signing out of the vendor log. I also know that it is crass of me not to announce to the manager that I am in their store and what type of service call that I am making, but I also find that takes up too much time for the usual Hi, how are you, Iím here to do . . ., chit-chat, yet I always let them know that I am leaving, if they have to sign-off paperwork from my service call, which I will fully explain to them what I did in their store at that time. Yet again, since I basically am getting paid a flat rate for making my service calls, at 12 stores, for this 1 company, I know that I have to really manage my time to best make my calls equate to getting $10 per hour. So I figure having to sign-in, chit-chat with the manager, then sign-out, that can take about 15 minutes extra minutes at each of my stores. Yet I figure with the speed that I can work, then I can still tell the manager everything I did in their store when I am ready to leave, without having to waste 15 minutes just by signing in, telling the manager why I am there, and then signing out. I can get all of my work done and communicate effectively and good with the manager as I leave, while meeting my $10 per hour goal and never losing that extra 15 minutes at each store.

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums