Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  6:21:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Before I quit, they gave the title of master merchandiser to all
the present reps. All we did was the exact same work,as before for the exact same pay. We were just plain ole merchandisers.
A DM at the time that lived in the area said that DL gave everyone that title to make clients and possible clients think that they had better and more professional merchandisers then the other companys.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

GregSMartin

Roberts, ILL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  5:02:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been getting job interest notices from the artist formerly known as NARMS for Driveline's "master" merchandiser position about every week. And they've been joining the Acosta,Advantage,Premium bandwagon on my job board search result emails lately so that pretty much tells me all I need to know. If anyone has anything positive to say about these guys let me know.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  05:51:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I suggest you stay away from Driveline. Premium is much better to work for.
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  4:35:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Premium used to be, but not anymore.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

GregSMartin

Roberts, ILL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  5:54:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Samsung assisted sales program with Premium was a good gig but the merchandising side..not so much.The DM sent me into a Best Buy to do a phone reset the Saturday before X-Mas..she said she had called the store..long story short I spent 10 bucks in gas for nothing and the manager asked me if I was a complete moron. The state of merchandising now-Premium,Acosta,Advantage, and now Driveline. Oh well guess the world needs ditch diggers too lol
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  2:51:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greg:

She very well may have called the store. However at that time of the year it is a turkey shoot. She may have talked to "X" manager but "Y" manager was on duty when you came in and knew nothing about it. Especially at Xmas time. Everything becomes a blur to retail salespeople. Especially at a store like Best Buy,WallyWorld etc....

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  4:48:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd agree that it is very likely that your supervisor did contact someone at the store and you just happened to contact a different person when you arrived to do the set.

My real beef would be with (in no particular order):

The supervisor, for scheduling any sort of reset that close to Christmas

The client, for requiring a reset that close to Christmas

The retailer, for agreeing to the reset that close to Christmas

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

GregSMartin

Roberts, ILL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  01:37:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Six of one..half a dozen of the other. Just an example of the way the big 3 and now big 5 treat their people like they're garbage nowadays and you cant argue that.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  4:23:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greg:

Fully agreed. They really don't care about anything except for the bottom line. And that is making a profit!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  3:53:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email from some lawyers saying Driveline is getting sued for not paying their employees. Has anyone else gotten this or heard about it? I'm not sure if this is some kind of junk mail.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  4:06:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did it reference this current class action lawsuit?

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/pennsylvania/paedce/2:2012cv05244/467767/51
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  4:32:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue: Yep, that's it.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

GregSMartin

Roberts, ILL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  5:00:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well ,dont know about yall, but I think I will continue hitting delete on those job notice emails..lol
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  5:11:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This industry is a hot mess. There are class action suits that I am a part of just being a former employee at three merch companies that I used to work for and one merch company that I currently work for and rumors are that one will be filed against another company that I currently work for. These companies have been getting away with murder and breaking all the labor laws and ripping off their employees for a long time. It's about time that something is done about it too. I'd be very happy to get compensated for all the miles, personal equipment,various expenses/supplies, and time that I have never been fairly compensated for.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  8:46:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't spend your chickens before they hatch Sue (or something like that!)....
In ANY class action suit, the attorneys/law firms get almost all of any award judgement.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  10:57:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand that and that's not really what I am interested in. I would just be happy if all the illegal practices that these companies have been getting away with for years, comes to a grinding halt and they started compensating their employees for the things I listed above and actually abided by the labor laws in their states where their employees live and where they are doing business. Perhaps that way, we could actually make more than minimum wage after all the time and various expenses and equipment that we are currently not reimbursed for and wouldn't have to kill ourselves just trying to make ends meet.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  4:44:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yea, but if they loose then they will just take out bankruptcy.
Thats happened before with companies over the years.
So nobody gets anything.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2014 :  6:01:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else get the email for the class action lawsuit against DL for not being paid for drive time and work time? I alwayw questioned my pay and they couldnt ever explain it properly and their check stubs were a joke.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2014 :  4:20:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Look at the posting from 11/3 from Lupton in Va.
He posted already about the enail.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
394 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2015 :  4:40:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm quite impresses that a Pennsylvania Judge granted class action status, considering that PA is about 50 years behind in anything. I realize that this a Federal Court, but still, it is PA.
Has this case progressed any further to date? Please let me know if anyone has heard anything. PM me if necessary. Many thanks!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums