Page: of 35

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  09:49:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is driveline still even around?

I haven't seen anyone from Driveline for about a year.

To me Driveline has been a bit behind the times as far as the industry is concerned.

Tried to hire me a few years back. I pulled out at the last min. Figured at the end of the day I would be paying out of pocket.

The Management really was Green and did not really have good knowledge of the industry in my opinion as well.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  2:58:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Driveline for a total of 4 years...3 years (left because I was too busy)and 1 year now. I'm doing great with them. I don't know if it depends on the area you live, but I get paid well, on time, have a good DM, and have lots of work. Just like many other companies during certain times of the year you are busier/slower than others.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  5:43:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Driveline is still in Idaho.I run into their people once in a while at F$.
And they still only pay $8.00 an hour.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  8:20:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not live in a high income area and while I will not say what it is, I wouldn't work for them if that was the amount.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  3:45:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know they only pay $8 an hour as I have asked the reps. what they are getting paid. As i worked for DL at one time and that is what I was started out at. When I quit I was making more money.
And Idaho is a low paying wage state.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2015 :  9:23:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I stated, I do not live in a high income area and they do not start reps out at that rate. So you can say they pay $8, but that is YOUR area...not mine nor many others.
Go to Top of Page

Robert111

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2015 :  08:33:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine just started with them and got $12.00 an hour. She has a lot of experience merchandising and is in a suburb of a major city.

Robert Johnson
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  07:14:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe when they offered me the position it was at the $12.00 level as well.

I do know that that rate is based on experience as well as territory location. So yes they will offer reps less or more depending of where they live.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  4:56:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In Idaho all the merchandising companies pay low rates.
My SIL lives in Cal. and she gets $12 an hour and I know a few people that work for the same merch. company as she does and they only get $9 an hour and they have been with this company for over 10 years. My SIL only 3 years.
In fact she works for one of the same companies I work for, she has been with them 6 years and I have been with them 19 years and she gets $5 more an hour then I do.When I asked my manager once about it a few years ago, I was told that it depends where you live as to what the pay is.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2015 :  08:20:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I ended up quitting DL... they did not give raises one year and I said bye bye. It is hard work doing their resets and sometimes they have so many that I cannot work for anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  10:57:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Driveline opening in my immediate area, map shows a compact area that is almost certainly Dollar Generals.

Any info on what that typically is - product, hours etc appreciated.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  6:10:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing the greeting cards which is about 1 hour.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  2:11:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know how driveline figures pay, but most merchandising companies figure starting pay according to labor pool in a certain area, which ends up being a$$-backwards. So what happens is the higher the population in a given service area, the less they pay because the labor market is bigger. However, since densely populated areas usually means higher cost of living, it makes no sense. But they can call those shots because if you don't want the job, there are a lot of others that will take it because the more dense the population also means the more merchandising and MS jobs there are in a given area so some folks will gladly take $8/hr as a supplement since they are already probably working in those stores ore in stores close-by or on the way. And this is also why most MS jobs pay squat.

But Driveline, at least in my area, pays way below others. I got $9/hr 2 years ago from DL when Acosta was paying me $12.50. Crossmark, on the other hand, was also low paying at just $0.50 above DL. But most other companies I worked for payed $11 or higher.

I ended up quitting DL when I was forced to drive 20 miles for a 30 min job. When I got there, the store never received the materials for the job. The job was overdue at this point. I called my DM to inform her and she said, well, just go home. She also told me I would not be paid for that job. That's when I told her I had problem with her filing my termination papers ASAP and that she WOULD be getting paid for that. lol

The only company worse than crossmark is DL. But it really comes down to your DM.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2015 :  4:43:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a call from Driveline, and the interviewer mentioned that they will have several new clients, including some contracts from other companies that they will be taking over for, in 2016.

Does anyone know what they might be? I know they do work in Family Dollar and Dollar General, but I haven't seen their reps in other stores recently.

Can any current employees share? The pay rate is comparable to others in my market.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2015 :  8:55:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They've been picking up a lot of work in Walmart and a little in Target, Lowes and some other chains. The bulk of what they do is in the dollar stores and Walmart.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2015 :  6:48:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Driveline many years ago (over a decade back).

Recently, I ran into a new hire for my company (ACOSTA). We talked for a few minutes and she remarked that I looked and sounded familiar to her, at which point she asked if I ever worked for Driveline. I told her that I did and had one of the absolutely worst supervisors I ever had the distinct displeasure to work for, but that I could not remember the name. She responded "Tammy F" (the name will be slightly censored- which is more than she- and Driveline- deserve). Yep...that was her. Turns out our new rep agreed, having been her "deputy DM" in the mid-00s, which was when I worked for them. She remembered me from an orientation class we had to go through or possibly from the one assignment I got from them in the four months I was (supposedly) an employee.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Stacey

Bella Vista, AR
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2015 :  07:59:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What kind of work are they doing in Walmart and dollar stores? Resets?

Stacey
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2015 :  12:37:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mostly project work in Walmart and the Dollar stores although there are some resets. Usually the big resets in both types of chains begin in late January and continue onto June. Walmart doesn't have a lot of resets but Driveline is real intense on making sure those take priority because, as we are aware, Walmart thinks they are god.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  7:59:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Walmart has been making some changes to the way they handle resets over the past six months or so.

From what I understand, it breaks down along the lines of: 4' rest or less- the department manager is responsible for completing it; larger than 4', the stores, at least the larger ones, are supposed to have put together "reset teams" of associates who will do the larger resets, usually overnight, some with vendor-supplied assistance.

While the plan might be decent in theory, many of the stores I work have a great deal of trouble keeping their overnight reset teams staffed. Folks do it for a couple of weeks and either ask for their old positions back or just quite entirely. I understand that reset teams receive about .25/hr more than an equivalent position that doesn't have those responsibilities or work those hours, but that's clearly not enough.

My semi-informed guess is that Walmart will try to muddle through with this concept- we all know how eager Walmart is to admitted that they made a mistake, right?- so reset opportunities for vendor companies will continue to be limited or they will have to be completed overnight/early morning.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  4:34:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wal Mart admit a mistake?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums