Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  08:32:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have 1 more week of this, at 2 a day... I have not been getting home before 7 to 9 pm...
The set is not bad, its just keeping the managers on track when we scan the product out in the beginning.. Its like they are all ADD or something.

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  07:00:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done one so far, two more to go. Like Sharron said, you have to wrangle the manager to get the return done. This, and I want to hoard pegs like I've had to do with a Target I service.

The only problem I've had is keeping myself from bopping along to the music on the PA..

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

JulieSouthernIN
Valued Contributor

Clark, Indiana
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  07:49:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hasn't been bad, just incredibly time consuming with the way the FOL return has to go. Yesterday, we did one and it's probably a good thing the hotline wasn't turned on, LOL! Mgr. kept flitting around the store for an HOUR while I stood there. I finally told him as politely as possible that I was on a timer and this HAD to be done. Then He left 2 packages laying, went to charge the HHT and just never came back. We got done and had to spend 30 minutes waiting around on him to scan TWO item, and then be told about 4 times to print out 3 copies.

All the other ones have gone fine, thank heavens.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  1:36:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree that they are just extremely time consuming. Plus we starting doing returns at one store just fine and then the battery wanted to die. Ok, so charge battery and the whole thing dies. UGH, so I'm going back this week to just do that part. The rest is done. Go figure. (This is not an issue at all with the manager, just the equipment as the thing works fine one minute and then just up and dies for no reason at all).
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  4:55:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 2 a day all week... Today i lucked out and the last one, the pegs were not raised to 78" yet so that is just a attempt... The store I was in today, nothing was ready and it was suppose to be the wire racks, it ended up being a combination of both.. Had to report it all to the DG hotline, and field support, them my DM... I am so glad today is over with...

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  7:46:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious, you Gals are working so hard on these resets, today I started a new re-call in Dollar Generals and there are reset crews doing the whole store. Are ya'll not dealing with this?
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  9:04:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very, very carefully... They stay in our way half the time... I am constanly askiing them to wait till we get through, and the DM will come over and tell them to stay out of the area we are in...
and yes it tried my patients to the fullest today....
Also I go word that the senior VP would be in the DFW area this week, so they are really rushing in down here

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  8:58:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the FOL/Hanes thing is an absolute horror. My helper & myself spent 9 hr doing the first one with no breaks even to eat. 8 1/2 on the 2nd one & we have one tomorrow & another Thur. Then that is it TG. How is anybody doing 2 a day? The pegs do not fit the grid properly & fall out if you touch them. When one falls they all fall. We have picked them up & put them back dozens of times while working the re-stocking. There has been an average of 25 boxes of Hanes products to be put up. Two items in each wrapped & taped litle plastic bag. The labels do not stick properly to the new pegs & sometimes fall off. Have you all not had these problems? The first one I called FS to ask what the alloted time was & she said 7 hr for one person. We were already at the 7 hr mark (2 people) & had the entire women's side yet to stock. FS said so many people had been calling that there was no neeed to call the # for extra time; to just go ahead & put it on the report. I also called my DM to give her a heads up as to how long this was taking. (Left her a message) Second store was no better. Called DM again mainly because I was so frustrated with how things were going. She told me everybody was calling with the same complaints. I never had an assignment where I was ready to walk out on it but I was on this one. I haven't had any problems with the mngrs scanning the items out. That's been the easiest part.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  06:45:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else have a slat wall gondola & have the wrong pegs?

The ones that we got worked perfectly on a peg wall, but hang down at an angle on the slat. We swapped out what 'old style' pegs we could on adjacent peg boards, but are still over 200 pegs short to complete. I am not looking forward to the next store; it's also a slat wall.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  2:05:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen a reset crew at either of my DGs.
Gayle, nope having had any of those problems. One store I had more than enough pegs (old style) to complete the reset without the ones that hang at an angle. The other store I had to use about 20 of those to finish it.
Total time for the first store was about 5 and a half hours, for the second store was 4 hours. Would have been able to do them both in the right time frame if my partner for this assignment knew what he was doing. However, yes this is my fault as I recruited my husband to help me and he doesn't have a clue how to do a reset. Thankfully he's back working again. I just recruited him to help sense he was unemployed.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  5:36:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The wrong pegs were sent for the wire racks... In order to use them, the prongs have to be bent up with a cresent wrench, and the mngr needs to do this. If not you have to use a blade and take the old tags off, and if you run out of pegs, go down to the next size, which would be a 10" or maybe even a 8", just make sure you use them on the same 4ft section, and get a count of how many you were short... Make sure you call all problems into field support, and if is on the store level, call the problems into the DG hotline, then let your DM know what is going on... My crew has spent anywhere from 10 hours to 4 hours, depending on how good the store is set, if its recovered and ready for us..

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  4:05:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you're having a good experience with Driveline, God bless you and consider yourself VERY lucky.

For myself, Driveline might just be the least professional company I have ever worked for in over 25 years in the business. I thought I had scraped the bottom of the barrel before but they are a new low.

I was hired at the end of December and put on the Flex/Surge team. I'm familiar with the concept and have been such before with other companies. I was told that I had to complete a training phone call )paid) and complete certification exams immediately (unpaid and took several hours because there were so many of them), if not sooner, because they really needed me and I could not start work until I had completed those steps. Not a problem- I did so in about a week.

The work promised "immediately" never materialized. I was then told it would be end of January. Nothing. Middle of February. Nothing. End of February. Nothing. Not that there weren't projects being done, mind- the Hanes project was being done during this period by Flex Teams. But I received no assignments at all during this time, nor did my immediate boss reply to my inquiries as to what team I was assigned, who was the leader, etc.

Finally, a single assignment was given to me. Fortunately for myself, I explored other opportunities rather than depending on Driveline and have a few projects and one company with which I have ongoing work. I notified my immediate supervisor that I wanted to regisn from Driveline effective immediately and let her know that part of the reason what that Driveline had gone roughly 9 weeks without giving me a single assignment, which was not what was promised when they hired me.

In what might be the single most unprofessional series of communications with someone who is in a supervisory position, my now former (thank God!) supervisor accused me of lying twice and of being ungrateful for deploring the fact that I had gone "only" two months with no assignments and that she had employees who had gone eight months without assignments and they were still happy to work for Driveline. She them proceeded to "terminate" me rather than to honor my request to resign. Maybe it's a power trip on her part but, if she has to make herself feel better by putting down independent contractors to whom she has never spoken, then it doesn't exactly speak well for the company to have her in a position with any authority.

As I said....if you're having a good experience with them, more power to you. It takes some really awful employees like that DM to make you appreciate the good ones all the more.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  4:25:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last reset today... I feel so much better already!!!

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  7:02:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert, with Driveline you are an employee not an independent contractor.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  8:50:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, hubby felt we should chime in on Robert's post, in CA if you are hired as an employee it is best to find out if you are being hired as a full time/part time/on call (flex) employee, big reasons here in CA and in many other states.
Full time means you get over 32 hrs a week and the co. deducts all taxes and pays W/Comp. In CA if you are hired as a full time employee and the co. drops you to less than 32 hrs. you can collect UI to make up the difference for lost wages as long as you are making less than what your weekly claim would pay. (companies are very confused about this, they have to pay the UI tax for you working for them as long as they have work for you, so why do they contest a UI claim when they have no more work?)
Part time means you get less than 32 hrs. a week but still have taxes deducted and the co. pays W/C.
Permanent Part Time means that when a co. has a project then they pay W/C and deduct taxes, when the project is completed and they do not have any other projects for you then you can collect U/I while looking for other work or waitng for your next assignment, your state labor Department will contact the co. to verify that there is no work for you and continue your claim.
We have never worked a "Flex" position so we don't know how that works, maybe it's another term for Perm. Pt Time.

As to Robert's post, hubby just terminated a Regional Manager position (Hubby was actually told he was "finished") for something along the lines that Robert posted.
When a co. hires you as an I/C or an employee they must state in which capacity you are being hired in as and what amount of hrs. you will be working if hired as an employee, if it is "project pay" then it is up to you to review the project and decide if you are qualified and are willing/able to do the project, this means you need to ask questions and make sure you understand the project's requirements and comply with all the requirements! If you don't it can affect your pay and cause more problems than you need.
We're not too worried though, we have work coming out our ears and all this other position meant was going through more contacts and waiting than it was worth, we'll just focus on the work that is at hand!
MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  4:45:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gretta

Robert, with Driveline you are an employee not an independent contractor.
Gretta, you are absolutely correct. When I was paid for the training telephone call (took 40 minutes, paid for 30), I received a check for $4.00 less 74 cents in various taxes for a grand total of $3.26. Being that taxes were witheld, I was an employee and not an IC.

I regret my error.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  4:51:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mindy:

I appreciate the clarifications.

No, when I accepted the postion, I understood that it was essentially an "on-call" type of thing. If they had low amounts of work, their regular representatives would receive those assignments. I have absolutely no problem with that at all; that is at it should always be. The only time that I would receive work would be if for some reason a regular rep could not finish a project on time or if it was a ton of work that the regular people could not finish in the time alotted- that sort of thing. I knew exactly what I was getting into...

...or at least I thought I did. My complaint- well, my chief one- was that I believe the company out-and-out lied to me about the amount of work that they had. I understand that, sometimes, clients will back out and promised work doesn't materialize. But a simple email on a regular basis to your employees informing them of the status of this project or that potential project- is that too much to ask? Three of my current employers don't think so, as they do just that. That's yet another lesson that either Driveline as a whole or, most likely, this particular DM, has not yet learned.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  12:28:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert, as I've stated my DM is awesome. She does send out a weekly report and when she finds out about large projects, since as the current reset and the one starting at Family Dollar she tries to give us a heads up so we can get helpers lined up. Now there are three more after these two coming up that although you can use a helper, I may or may not. Two of the next three I did myself last year and am looking at doing the same this year. The other one is new so not sure yet.
Unfortunately I'm going to be moving sometime later this year and will not be in the area that my current manager has. I hate that as I know she is a really good manager.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  12:32:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert,
There are two sides to Driveline, there is the the regular reps like most of us are, and then there is the side that does major resets, and goes all over the U. S. It is possible that when you applied, you applied to that side... You have to be very specific when you put in your app..
I have been with Driveline for 5 years now here in Texas, and we have way to much work right now... We just finished major apparel resets in dg, now we are starting chemicals in fd, and after that we are doing cosmetics in dg again...
When your are hired to our side, we not only get emails from our DM's, we will also get them from Field Support, and on our website.. I really think this was just a fluke and you got in on the reset team side.

Sharron
Sr. A/C
Texas

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  12:37:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Gretta,
You should come to Texas, we need some real good help down here!

Sharron
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums