Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  2:35:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sharron

Robert,
There are two sides to Driveline, there is the the regular reps like most of us are, and then there is the side that does major resets, and goes all over the U. S. It is possible that when you applied, you applied to that side... You have to be very specific when you put in your app..

The ad was for the Surge/Flex team. I knew that going in and have done similar such work for other companies. I would love to have worked for the "regular" side of the company but no ads for such work were run so I took what I could get.

quote:
I have been with Driveline for 5 years now here in Texas, and we have way to much work right now... We just finished major apparel resets in dg, now we are starting chemicals in fd, and after that we are doing cosmetics in dg again...

I knew about the apparel resets because I was CC'ed several messages about them though I was not assigned to any of the teams.

I was assigned 1 chemical reset in FD but no mention was made of any additional assignments, that or anything else. And this in close to three months.

Now it is possible that they could no assign me those jobs because I was not a "regular" representative...but then why not change me to being a regular rep if they have that much work available?

quote:
When your are hired to our side, we not only get emails from our DM's, we will also get them from Field Support, and on our website.. I really think this was just a fluke and you got in on the reset team side.

As I stated before, the only communication I received from my DM was to prod me to complete the training as quickly as possible and then the incredibly unprofessional communications when I resigned.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  2:43:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing a recall in Dollar Generals for another company and, in talking with the store maanger at one of the locations, we discussed various vendor companies who call on his store.

When I told him that I was looking for more work, he suggested that I contact Driveline because they could REALLY use the help in his area. He told me that two reps had been assigned to do the apparel reset in his store but that neither one of them had ever read, much less set, a planogram. They were constantly going back to the manager to ask what this or that meant on the PoG sheets. I believe he told me that they were allotted 7 or 7.5 hours each to complete the set but, because of their unfamiliarity with PoGs and being that this was the first store they had done, they ended up spending about 12 hours each over two days completing the project.

What DM in their right mind assigns two completely inexperienced people to the same reset? If the DM did not know that these people were inexperienced, then that DM is not doing his or her job. If she did know and assigned them anyway, well that's the sort of mistake that costs a company clients.

Those observations are not mine, by the way: they came from the store manager. He told me that he has dealth with the same DL DM that I did and thinks no more highly of her than I do and for the same general reasons.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  3:11:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This month is the first month since a reset in WalMart (the racks for dips) back in Sept/Oct time frame in which there has been a need for a rep to get help with any assignments. So yes for the past three months there would not have been a need for regular reps to need any help with anything unless someone was taking some vacation time.

Sharron, I'd love to, but must go where hubby can get work. His new job is in Jacksonville, NC. So that is where we're moving to. When I moved out of Ohio about 10 yrs ago Texas was actually my other choice.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  3:15:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the DM in that region, not all are like that I assure you. You are correct, a rep that is not experienced in POG's should not be working, except with one that has the training... At three of my stores we had 2 A/C's and one rep, and we finished in 2.25 hrs each...
We also just did a FD chemical reset with 5 of us and it took us from 8 am to 4 pm, so those are going to be horrible...
I wish you better luck, and pls try again, we need good reps.

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  5:04:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a lousy DM now. She never sends emails about anything.98% of the time I can't even get a reply to my emails or phone calls to her.
She never sends anything out about resets coming up or jobs that require 2 or more people. We have a reset for laundry/dish/air freshners in FD this month. I sent my DM a email telling her what dates/days I could do my stores, never heard back from her. What did she do, schduled them for days I can't do them, and schduled 2 other people to my stores for the job. I have emailed the RM, and he stated he was going to talk to her about this. Most likely won't do any good tho.I used to have a DM that send emails weekly and sometimes daily with what was going on, and answered calls and email fast.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  5:29:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,
If there is any thing I can do to answer any questions, just let me know... take my word for it, you want those two other people... If you are the team lead, then you get to set the date... Thats how it works... You can e-mail me, I get that faster.
Sharron

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  7:18:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharron, that is long. UGH! I have two scheduled and both are for next week. The first one is my store and I have two helpers for it. The 2nd one is a store where the rep is leaving and the one lady who is helping me and I will be driving up there to do that store two days after my store. I am not looking forward to this reset at all.
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  7:32:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wasn't it Driveline that used to do the Style Science
Sunglasses in CVS?

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  10:05:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta,
It is just a lot of movement on the shelves, we do not put out any new product from the back room... and from what I understand, the FD management has instructed their people to go ahead and do the resets themselves... If that is what happens, then you will go in and audit, take pictures and claim about 60 minutes for your time....
If it is not done, put the new shelf labels on first, ( starts top to bottom) then start moving the product in a 4 ft section at a time... remember to pull the discontinued first...
Also ever FD is different, so be sure to print off the plan info sheet. you will only clean the shelfs if they have a lot of gooie black stuff on them, from leakage from a bottle...you could still call me and I will talk to you. almost forgot the most important thing, these plans have been extended one week...

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  10:14:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DagnyO

quote]
I've done one so far, two more to go. Like Sharron said, you have to wrangle the manager to get the return done. This, and I want to hoard pegs like I've had to do with a Target I service.

The only problem I've had is keeping myself from bopping along to the music on the PA..
quote:
[/quote]
We both have the same regional, Dist 820

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  4:13:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Any extra info on these helps.

My biggest issue with the DG Hanes thing is getting the HHT gun to work long enough at the one store to do the return. The manager there finally got them to order her a new HHT. This is after about 3 months of calling in about it not work and the battery not lasting. To get them to order her a new one took her a couple of hours on the phone. Maybe we can get the return done this week?
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  4:34:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good Luck, they are suppose to have the HHT fully charged for you when you come in, and not suppose to service any other vendors during that process. Most of the time if they just put it on the cradle for 30 minutes, and your team pull tags it will pop back up..

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  4:56:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharron, My DM took my FD resets and gave them to 2 other people to do,as I had asked for a different date then when she wanted them done on. She removed the job from my dashboard. This isn't the first time that she has given my jobs to someone else, if I put in for a date to do it, and she wants another date different from mine.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  5:05:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sharron

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the DM in that region, not all are like that I assure you.

Sharron, I have no doubt that is true. Any company the size of Driveline is going to have some really good employees at all levels and some really bad employees at all levels. It was just my misfortune to run tino one of the latter group.

quote:
You are correct, a rep that is not experienced in POG's should not be working, except with one that has the training... At three of my stores we had 2 A/C's and one rep, and we finished in 2.25 hrs each...

Which was exactly the right way to handle it.

Which was why your reset went well and this DM's resent went so badly.

quote:
We also just did a FD chemical reset with 5 of us and it took us from 8 am to 4 pm, so those are going to be horrible...

I think the allotted time is something like 5 hours. My guess would be that, the more you did, the more accurate that timeframe would be.

quote:
I wish you better luck, and pls try again, we need good reps.

Don't think there is much chance of that.

After I requested to resign, she terminated me and marked me non-rehirable. I thought about sending her boss an email- she actually hired me, not the DM- but I figured there was nothing to be gained by that at this point. If she's consistently dropping the ball to the extent she is, at some point her DM will find that out and, I hope, take appropriate action.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  6:14:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon, oh they had it on the charger for like 12 hrs before I got there. They have been having issues with this HHT and battery for several months and the help desk doesn't believe that it could be an equipment problem. It's really bad when it starts at 100% charged and dies within an hour. This has happened twice to us.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  6:22:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,
That is strange, they are in the process of possibly extending the FD for another week, after the two weeks, I have 11 on my schedule, and explained to my DM there was no way I could do 2 a day... We get to do our own scheduling, as long as they are finished in the right time frame... Its hard to believe its not that way all over... We have already run across FD's that have done the reset themselves, and we just audit and take pictures...

Gretta,
Yes we had a couple of managers in DG that the HHT would do that. The rep ended up calling the DG hotline, and it was fixed real fast...

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Candy607
Trainee

OH
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  6:53:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else attempted the FD chemical reset yet? If so, how long did it take? I am trying to get an idea on the true time since I really don't think 5 hours is possible

Candy
Experienced Merchandiser looking for Northeastern Ohio work. **RESET TEAM CABABILITY**
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  8:05:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We even called the manager's boss who tried to call the hotline himself. It is nice to know it's not just that store. Oh and her boss called the hotline after she hung up with him, which is what got the new battery there finally only to prove to everyone the battery wasn't the issue. LOL
Go to Top of Page

JulieSouthernIN
Valued Contributor

Clark, Indiana
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  05:06:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, that'a a shame. :( I wouldn't like having to give up $$ involuntarily.

Myself, I asked my DM if she could put a new team of 3 on my FD reset. Been having some complications .... my dad has been diagnosed with an extremely rare disease and I only had a Saturday to do that particular project. With his condition, I never know when I may have to drop and run 3 hours north. I didn't feel it was in my best interest emotionally, the company's best interest, or FD's best interest to hang that reset on one day and my up in the air schedule. She was most gracious about the entire thing.

One more DG apparel reset to do tomorrow, HHT gun issues. Hoping it is fixed. I don't know why, but this reset has really been on my last nerve, LOL!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  05:57:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not understanding why reps would work this hard for a company and only receive $8.00 an hour.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums