Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  5:55:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only company I've had to do a drug test for is a mystery shopping company which I do audits for and it is the company I do the audit at that requires the drug test, not the mystery shopping company. I've never done a drug test for any other mystery shopping company or any merchandising company, also never had a credit check run.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  6:08:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just read over the new app on the site, and no where does it say anything about checking credit or drug testing... I really think someone is trying to scam you... Please be very careful.
They don't do that here in Texas, and I am sure its follows the same rules all over the US.

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  7:01:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never been asked about a credit check. I had to take a drug test for another company once, it was for doing work in BB and that is BB's policy for all vendors

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  7:52:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sharron

I just read over the new app on the site, and no where does it say anything about checking credit or drug testing... I really think someone is trying to scam you... Please be very careful.
They don't do that here in Texas, and I am sure its follows the same rules all over the US.

It is not on the website or on the application that you fill out on line. It is sent to you in an email from BDS after you have filled out an ap on line, spoken with a DM and they want to hire you.It was sent to me from BDS via email. I called and spoke to both the DM and BDS about this. It is not a "scam", it is their policy for new hires apparently now. They said they would only do a background/DMV check and we went round and around about why then are they asking me to sign away and give them permission for a credit check. I never got a good answer to that either. I am still not sure what to do. And as I mentioned, now they want a drug test as well. This all seems over the top to me for a very part-time merchandising job. I also recieved a phone message today while I was out working, from HR at BDS talking about the drug test, updating my app on line (which I just filled out recently to begin with) and some new hire paperwork which I have not gotten yet.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  8:04:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't remember what Driveline did, but several of my merchandising companies have done background checks. One of them wanted a drug test. There is one being advertised right now that wants a drug test. One of my mystery shopping companies asked me to let them do a credit check because knowing that was one of the requirements for the assignment I did.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Heather_NW
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  2:53:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I, too, have worked for Driveline for several years. I have always had support from my DMs and RM. Especially now - she always answers and very helpful.

This series of posts has become confusing, distracted from Driveline. It sounds like the credit check/ background tests/ drug test questions are referencing other companies. Several days ago, BDS was referred to; and again yesterday. None of these were required when I was hired.

Projects are changing with the changing season. Good luck to all.

Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  5:57:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just did my first Family Dollar Momentum Reset. OMG! This plan is a 3 person plan and it took us 9 and a half hours to do it. And the one lady and I have another one (the smaller store layout) to do on Wednesday. I am so not looking forward to that one. UGH!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  7:58:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone did this printed t shirt audit at KM? I just got it assigned to me and it's due Friday. It says 2 hour limit, but after reading the instructions it seems like they want an awful lot done and that it will take longer the the 2 hours.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  9:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta,

Were 3 of you at the store doing it or just 2? They
are soooo time consuming!

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  06:14:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ladies,
I really dislike these FD resets, I have a man that has been working with me, and we had one store that had a bleach pod, a 24x60 pod, and a 24x84 wall... It took us 12 hours to do this store... I am so tired....
And yes I agree, lets get off of the other topic, and get back to giving each other hints about how to make these resets easier, (if there is one).... Oh almost forgot, DG cosmetics comes up in about 2 weeks, and they are saying it is 2 people and 10 hours.... The last one we did, just about 1 year ago, they weren't to bad... Just a heads up for you..
Well got to go, have another FD reset today...
Good Luck Ladies....

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  3:11:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There were 3 of us doing it and it took us that long. And the store's asst manager even helped a bit.
There are also freezer resets coming for DG (they just showed up on my schedule yesterday (I think it was yesterday).

Sharron, I knew the cosmetic resets were coming sometime soon. I however, didn't know they are talking about 10 hrs per store and two people plan. I did those myself last year.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  3:35:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's probably 10 hours for total hours

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  3:52:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It may very well be. I think my manager said that they are expanding the area for the cosmetics.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  4:57:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ladies,
Yes it will be a two person set, and it is 10 hours together... If it falls like the last time, if you go over the time slot, it won't be a big deal, as long as it is not more than 1 or 2 hours... I don't anticipate any problems myself, the last time we did two a day, but I had a very good rep with me...
Yes I have heard about the cooler resets, but it has not came on our schedule in Texas yet... Hope it won't till after the cosmetic sets...

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  5:24:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The cooler resets I have showing up are for April. One is for the week of April 12th and the other is for the week of April 19th. They have two different plan numbers and are only scheduled for one week. The time on both of them is showing at 105 minutes.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  5:34:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hopefully ours will come at the same time, and I will be on vacation at the Nascar Races part of that week and the next....

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  9:19:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta,
you may well have that option again this year... Me I would perfer someone to talk to while i go crazy trying to figure out what goes where... I quit wearing make up a long time ago..

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  11:00:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well yesterday was the first day of Spring, can you guess what the first day of spring brought to Texas... I woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning, Friday it was 72 here, Saturday the temp dropped to 34, and now we have snow... You know the old saying, "TEXAS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER, JUST WAIT A MINUTE AND IT WILL CHANGE.. GOTTA LOVE IT"

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  10:58:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL, I've never worn make-up and have no clue what any of the stuff is. I just prefer to do most resets myself, esp right now when I could really use the extra money of doing it myself vs splitting hours with someone else. I was just looking at my two DG's for the cosmetic plan. One is staying an 8 ft section as is an 8 hr plan, like last year. The other is expanding and is the 10 hr plan.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  1:37:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From the info I have gotten, some stores are going to have what they are calling build outs. that is where the peg board has extender on them to make them closer to the edge of the shelf... some stores are staying like we did them last year and some are extending to 12 ft..
Me, I'm still tired from all the resets we have done in the last month... I need a break... our other A/C is going on vacation soon, so that leaves us down here with a lot to do.

Sharron
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums