Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  5:31:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nichole, I'm with you ! My server allows me to have extra email addresses. I chose one, to set up a "Company" account, strictly for reading the postings from all of the MSP's. I scroll thru that everyday, just in case. If they have listed a new posting for jobs, I can immediately click on their links to their site and jump on the wagon. I do not post anything personal, I have that page strictly for taking a short cut to the listings. It's much easier and faster to get thru them, then all of the emails that are in my inbox.

My personal fb page is not affected.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

IntegrityKelly
Valued Contributor

Pacific, MO
USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  6:02:20 PM  Visit IntegrityKelly's Homepage  Send IntegrityKelly an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A good tip is to subscribe to the interest list "Mystery Shopping" on Facebook. With this one click, you'll be following all posts from company pages. To date, there are 96 business pages for organizations, mystery shopping companies, and support companies, like reporting platforms, scheduling companies, and resources such as Volition. Never miss another job post, blog post, event, contest or industry update.

As always, I encourage you to support the companies, support companies, resources and organizations that make this industry great. You can do this by going through and "liking" each page and also by participating in discussions, contests and events, and "sharing" posts that you find interesting or worthwhile.

This list is kept current and checked often. If your company is not listed and you'd like to be, or if your page is built after today's date, please just contact me via email at kellytruelove@integrityconsultants.net for inclusion.

To Subscribe with one easy click: https://www.facebook.com/lists/426820227328619

Companies and shoppers, to ensure the most positive long-term experience for all, please take note of the following:

*Please be aware that only personal profiles can subscribe to an interest list at this time. However, there is great benefit to companies sharing this interest list on their pages and with their databases, and/or subscribers. A company's postings will be visible on this interest list, even though the company itself cannot at this time actually subscribe to the list.

I strongly urge companies to coordinate posting with their schedulers and staff to ensure that schedulers are made admins, or a designated admin either shares posts made from the personal profiles of its organization's schedulers/posters, or posts directly as the company page on behalf of its schedulers to ensure post visibility for all company reps via this interest list.

You'll find that when coordinated, your job posts, when added to your blog posts, news, and other postings, will help you maintain a steady level of new content and engagement. It's easy to get carried away with job postings; just try to bundle them as possible, update existing postings when appropriate and coordinate those efforts between your posters to develop a schedule that works for you. That will ensure that everyone gets the most benefit and exposure out of this list without alienating its subscribers with floods of ignored job postings. There's no easy fix to that except moderation and restraint on behalf of the posters. Remember, every time a post is made by the company page, it will be evident on this interest list by either going directly to this link or via the subscriber's news feed. From the "home" page of a personal profile, that person's subscriptions are also visible on the left hand side at the bottom.

**Changes noted to prior postings in this thread:
The link for Service Intelligence is broken; the current link is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Service-Intelligence-Inc/190131787671277

The link for Global is broken, and no replacement has been found. I'm not familiar with that company, and assuming that's the full company name, I haven't been able to locate it on Facebook. When Googling it, all I seem to find are fraud and scam complaints.

The original link for Trendsource is broken. The new link is: https://www.facebook.com/TrendSourceInc

The link for Premier Service goes to a group which has been inactive since 2011. The link to the company page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2381747787/ but it has also been inactive since May 2011.

The links for A Closer Look are broken. The new link is: https://www.facebook.com/aclnorcross

The links for GFK go to a page and a personal profile called GFK Schedulers. The link to the GFK company page is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GfK-Mystery-Shopping/77183758824

The original link for Bestmark is broken. The new link is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BestMark-Inc/34018553197

The original link for IMSC is also broken, saying that it is "Untrusted." The new link is: https://www.facebook.com/imscnews

The link for Informa goes to their organizational page where they post financial services studies. Their mystery shopping service page is: https://www.facebook.com/InformaMS

The link for Nimble Support Services is broken. No replacement found.

One of the links posted for Business Evaluation Services goes to an inactive group full of spam. The business page is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Business-Evaluation-Services-Mystery-Shopper-Services/177047345664549

***I recommend that companies do a quick search for their company name, because I found companies with multiple pages, QSI and Shoppers' View particularly. My advice is to make sure that if your personal profile is connected or linked to a company page via the employment section, that it is attached or linked to the correct company page and to either delete pages you're not using or develop them into something else if you're just wanting to reserve the page for some reason. It can be really confusing to find the right page, and you don't want your readership split amongst multiple pages. If any of these are not official pages, I recommend that you contact Facebook regarding the use of your logos and business name to have those deleted. I had an issue of someone posting as my company with my logo, and they took it down immediately, even before it was a registered trademark. Facebook takes the intellectual property of US companies very seriously.

Best of luck to all. I sincerely hope that you all benefit from and enjoy this additional resource.

Kelly Truelove, CEO
Integrity Consultants
FB: http://www.facebook.com/Integrity.Consultants/
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  2:00:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see I'm quite late to this topic. I suppose I'm not surprised that MSCs had Facebook pages but I never checked them out. I just got an email from Advanced Feedback saying ...

"Those who "like" our page on Facebook will be the first to know about upcoming shops. Most of our mystery shops are given to the first few shoppers who respond to our emails, so this will help you stay up-to-date on our shops and be the first to respond."

I visited their FB page but didn't "like" it. I've only ever done 2 shops for them, maybe a year, year and a half ago, and as I recall they didn't even have a website at the time; I emailed them my report as a Word document.

Now they apparently have a website, and they also announce their new clients **by name** on their FB page. I'm looking at some other MSC pages and they're either bare-bones generic pages or they don't mention clients' names.

I thought I was supposed to keep my mystery shopping quiet, especially since I already "like" several of the organizations that I shop. Have any of you found a benefit in liking mystery shop companies?

-dd
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
400 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  2:54:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dagny -

I have no desire at all for my real friends on Facebook to know that I am a mystery shopper and for who. Plus I see this as a way for the MSC's to recruit from a new pool of potential shoppers = my Facebook friends. I have no intention of "liking" any MSC. If that means I miss out on a few jobs, so it will be. If the day comes when Facebook becomes absolutely critical to getting shops, then I will create a new Facebook profile and I won't tell any friends - I'll just use it to like MSC's. Also, I don't have time to hunt around Facebook looking for shops. I barely keep up with the emails I am sent. I don't look at Facebook for any reason very often, and I don't want to start.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  3:21:32 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many of the companies give advanced notice of jobs to their fans on Facebook.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

DaveBuckalew

Orlando, FL
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  3:30:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure why there is such resistance to embracing Facebook. If you are a mystery shopper and want a competitve advantage over other shoppers...

1. Get on facebook
2. Find the companies you work for
3. "like" their page
4. Get their updates

If you don't want that advantage then don't get on facebook. If you see any reduction in your assignments, or you aren't "quick" enough anymore. The resistence to facebook may be why

- Dave, Buckalew Hospitality

Dave Buckalew
Operations Manager
Buckalew Hospitality
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  4:01:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As far as I'm aware, having two FB accounts is a violation of their Terms of Service. You're supposed to keep just one account under your real name.

quote:
For the last three years, I have two FB accounts. One was my real self and known to my friends. The other is my MS account, where I have friends that will never know about my "real" life. It works well for me. Your mileage may vary.

-dd
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  4:19:22 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are somewhat correct. It is not allowed to have more than one personal page. Everyone can have one personal page and business pages though.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  4:19:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I "like" a company that I also shop for, odds are good that the employees also "like" the company they work for. Whether out of idle curiosity, or as part of their job to contact people who left a nice comment on their page (assume I did), they now see my photo, recognize me as a customer and see that I do mystery shopping. They may even know the name of the company that does their shops and recognize it in my "likes."

I don't have to post a photo, but most people do, and FB encourages it. Even without a photo, they may recognize my name from my credit card. I cannot make a second account or use a phony name because that violates FB's TOS.

Also, why should I bother keeping XYZ's clients confidential when they publish the names for all to see?

quote:
Originally posted by DaveBuckalew

Not sure why there is such resistance to embracing Facebook. If you are a mystery shopper and want a competitve advantage over other shoppers...

1. Get on facebook
2. Find the companies you work for
3. "like" their page
4. Get their updates

If you don't want that advantage then don't get on facebook. If you see any reduction in your assignments, or you aren't "quick" enough anymore. The resistence to facebook may be why

- Dave, Buckalew Hospitality

-dd
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  4:34:17 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many shoppers keep their facebook business pages free of personal photos and upload an avatar as their profile photo. You can like all of the pages from your business page. Your business page can be as simple as Dagny Shops and the email address you set aside for business contacts or create for business contacts.

No one is suggesting you cheat the system or try to break the rules. The reason the companies can tell who they shop is the same as the reason you can tell anyone you want how much is in your bank account, but your bank cannot. It is your business and not theirs.

All mystery shoppers are running their own small business even if they only mystery shop part time so having a business page on facebook is 100% legitimate.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  01:25:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PamInCa
All mystery shoppers are running their own small business even if they only mystery shop part time so having a business page on facebook is 100% legitimate.

Perhaps that will work for others. I created a business page for myself and I already use that page for my real job.

-dd
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  05:18:45 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually everyone can take advantage of this. I decided to investigate a little further and found valuable information from the Facebook help section.

https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=154425331291869&ref_query=how+many+business+pages+can+a+

1.What is a Facebook Page?
Pages are for businesses, organizations and brands to share their stories and connect with people. Like timelines, you can customize Pages by adding apps, posting stories, hosting events and more. Engage and grow your audience by posting regularly. People who like your Page will get updates in their news feeds.

You can create and manage a Facebook Page from your personal account. Please note that only the official representative of an organization, business, celebrity or band is permitted to create a Page.

2.How are Pages different from personal timelines?
Timelines are for personal, non-commercial use only. They represent individuals and must be held under an individual name. Pages are for professional or official use, and allow an organization, business, celebrity or band to maintain a presence on Facebook. You may only create Facebook Pages to represent real organizations of which you are an authorized representative.

In addition, Pages are managed by admins who have personal Facebook timelines. Pages are not separate Facebook accounts and do not have separate login information from your timeline. They are merely different entities on our site, similar to how Groups and Events function. Once you have set up a Page within your timeline, you may add other admins to help you manage this Page. People who choose to connect to your Page won't be able to see that you are the Page admin or have any access to your personal account.

How many Pages can I manage?
There is no limit to the number of Pages you can manage.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

BrendaInFL

Palm Beach, FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  09:01:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I agree that mystery shoppers and mystery shopping companies need confidentiality to perform evaluations surreptitiously.

Therefore, instead of posting on social media websites, I respectfully suggest that mystery shopping companies can update their websites to state when they will post future jobs. A "lurking" shopper can adjust their schedule to coincide with those dates and still maintain their anonymity.

Just a thought.

Go to Top of Page

Carmen A

Central, TX
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  11:52:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won't "friend" any of the companies that I Mystery Shop for.... Like others, I don't want my real FRIENDS knowing exactly who I work for, and how to sign up. I don't need any more competition in my area or surrounding 100 miles :)

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2012 :  12:22:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have the same issue as Dagny that I didn't see get addressed here. It breaks our ICA when shoppers link an MS company to a client, how is it that MS companies are posting shops by company name on their Facebook pages??

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  05:10:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PamBam

Hi, I have the same issue as Dagny that I didn't see get addressed here. It breaks our ICA when shoppers link an MS company to a client, how is it that MS companies are posting shops by company name on their Facebook pages??

Here is the short answer: we are bound by the ICAs. What the companies decide to reveal to others is their problem, and it does not mean that we are free to do so ourselves.

For a (somewhat) longer answer: this has been brought up time and time again for years, and possibly ever since shopping companies went online. The question before was why can companies post on their website who they shop, but I can't talk about it. And the answer was the same then as it is now: we are bound by our ICAs. So different media, same problem, really. The idea behind this is that the information they decide to post is proprietary and we, as shoppers, are not at liberty to divulge it.

An analogy (OK, a bad analogy) would be to have a songwriter reveal the lyrics to his song himself, and that would be OK. But for his producer (and whomever signed a confidentiality contract with him) to publish the lyrics without his permission would not be OK. I hope that makes sense.

This has also been discussed here: http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10880&whichpage=5&SearchTerms=ica
and here: http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1143&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=ica

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  5:59:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great answer, Servanne. :-) Thanks!

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

IMSC
Independent Mystery Shoppers Conference

Las Vegas, NV
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  07:41:35 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
FACEBOOK TIP: Because of the way Facebook works, you might have noticed that you sometimes miss a post from us...and we don't want that to happen! There's an easy fix for that. First, hover or click on the "Like" button. You'll see a drop down menu and the first selection will be "Get Notifications." Click on that and when we post, you'll be the very first to know our news!

This works for any page so be sure to use it for your favorites!

Volition.com
http://www.volition.com/facebook

IMSC
https://www.facebook.com/imscinfo

Independent Mystery Shoppers' Coalition
http://imscinfo.com
Email: info@imscinfo.com
424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  07:54:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hate Fakebook and rarely login. It is such a waste of my time. I spend enough time reading all the shop emails I already get, and checking all the Sassie sites, etc. I don't think it's fair to give preference in announcing available shops to shoppers who click a stupid button on Fakebook. If any preference should be given, it should go to shoppers who have consistently done excellent work and helped out a scheduler when asked.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  3:47:53 PM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since the inception of fan pages instead of just profiles, I've changed my opinion on being involved with companies on Facebook. If I'm a 'fan', I control more of what is public vs. being a 'friend' of a company.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums