Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  12:54:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know Pinkerton changed its name to Global Compliance some time ago - I did some work for GC. But I am now getting emails from people from Pinkerton. Has anyone done open houses for Pinkerton recently? And is it the same company?
Theresa

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager

BethInNJ
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  12:56:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too got the same email. Aren't they the company that requires the expensive record check? Anyone know anything about them? TIA

Beth
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KWolford
Valued Contributor

Riverton, UT
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  3:04:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call from them to do a bakery integrity shop at a bakery wholesale outlet. I was a little leery because I remembered they had changed from Pinkerton to Global Compliance. They even asked for my SSN over the phone. We worked through that and I did the shop. They paid promptly and were good to work with. I guess this is some remnant of the old Pinkerton and they are in New York. Based on my experience, I would work for them again.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  7:40:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there a website? I googled but wasn't sure which company to pick.

Thanks!

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  05:18:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess Global Compliance split off of Pinkerton and now there are 2 companies.
I did get a phone call from Pinkerton and will be doing the open house for them. I did not need a background check for this. Beth - I didn't get information about a website so I'm not sure.
Theresa

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

BethInNJ
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  06:04:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used Pinkerton Consulting in my search. There's no way to register with them on that site. Don't know where my email came from.

Beth
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KWolford
Valued Contributor

Riverton, UT
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  2:02:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The domain name in the e-mail I received from them is ci-pinkerton.com . The website for this address doesn't give you a chance to apply or check jobs.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  5:27:06 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband did an open house for them a few weeks ago & was paid this week for it. The house was just a couple of streets away from us. It was the only one they had in our county, so, of course, he requested it. He learned about it through an independent scheduler.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

JanieWilson
Contributor

atlanta, georgia
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  9:07:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did that same bakery shop with another company last year; then got the email about the same one with pinkerton. I turned it down; but I am planning on doing the open house with them. They didnt ask me for the background check for the open house; and with the bakery shop she emailed me all the details and said if I could take it let her know and she would assign me. So I didnt need the background for that. Its not worth the time to me to have to take 2 people to do the bakery one.
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  2:54:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just took a open house job near me. Sounds really easy and fun. What do I need to expect? Do they get these often?

Kim
Go to Top of Page

MelissaKupfer
Contributor

Tulsa, Oklahoma
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  3:06:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing an open house here in Tulsa 2 different days so hopefully all goes well. How do they pay I cant find any of the information on it.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  8:35:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a link to the jobs available. They sent me a link but I cant find the jobs. I have one I am working this week; but in the email it says to check for more jobs.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MelissaKupfer
Contributor

Tulsa, Oklahoma
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  8:45:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WWW.CI-PINKERTON.COM

If you have any other questions let me know I will call my scheduler and ask her if I am able to give out her number.
Go to Top of Page

EngineerGreg
Trainee

Newville, PA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  9:37:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a listing posted on NARMS 9/7/07 for the house showing jobs. It gives an email address to send your resume to apply.

EngineerGreg
MSPA Silver Certified 8urlyk
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  04:56:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did an open house for them and it was easy - though massively boring because only one couple came through in the 4 hours. Fortunately, I had some reading material with me so that kept me occupied.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

MelissaKupfer
Contributor

Tulsa, Oklahoma
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  09:59:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well good maybe I'll have a little relaxation or something.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  3:52:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did my open house today and it was so fun. I would love to do these all the time. Cant wait for the auction..

Tina
Go to Top of Page

BethInNJ
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  06:07:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm doing the open house this weekend and then the auction part two days later. There are supposed to be more coming up. They're not posted on Pinkerton site. I got an email about the jobs and applied via the email.

Beth
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BethInNJ
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  06:28:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the open house yesterday and it was easy and fun! I had a condo located at the beach so, a beautiful day and a great location. Lots of people came by. The auction is Tuesday. There are supposed to be more auctions coming up. I'll grab them if I can. Good pay!

Beth
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MelissaKupfer
Contributor

Tulsa, Oklahoma
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  06:39:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the only thing I can say is bring a chair or something to sit on.The auction I did last weekend had more people than this weekend but hardly any just a few people came through. Just be carefull doing these kind of jobs because people could be squatting at these houses. The house I worked at was kind of out in the country and it was kind of scary because you never know if someone could just show up taht was creepy. The return visit was so boring I would suggest anyone that does these take a book or magazine. I had one person come out in a 4 hour period. Also the electricity was not on so if it's hot or cold bring something with you like water or a blanket.
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  3:40:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got "approved". Is there a website to look at potential jobs? I tried looking but didn't get anywhere. The acceptance email mentioned "E-CATS"??

Thanks!

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums