Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  06:02:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got this off another forum and thought I would pass it on. I know a lot of shoppers get business cards from VistaPrint (since most of the cards I got at the Grapevine convention had the VP logo on them). I have gotten rubber stamps from them.

Beware of what you click on on that site because apparently people are being charged subscription fees to websites, without their knowledge. Plus there are complaints about being charged without receiving merchandise, etc.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html

Gold certified in TX

JillL
Contributor

FL
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  07:35:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been using VistaPrint for about 6 years and have never had any kind of problem with them. The one time my postcards didn't come as expected, they reprinted them twice until they came out right, and did not charge me for the reprints.

Lots of times after your order goes through, there is a link to click on to get a $10 credit or something like that. THe link is basically to join some program that does have a monthly fee. After reading the info, I've never joined to collect my $10 "prize". It is highly possible that people have clicked on the link without really reading what was involved.

Jill
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  11:11:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Jill, which is why I said people should watch what they click. I have never been charged anything extra. But I am wary of doing business with them now that there are so many complaints.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

LyndaShops
Contributor

hutto, TX
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  12:49:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have used Vista Print for over 5 years with no problem. After ordering, like mentioned above, be careful what you click on. I love their free business cards. Shipping is very reasonable.

lyndashops
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  1:21:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have ordered business cards, notebooks and numerous other items from VistaPrint over the past years.
I have always received what I ordered and never been charged incorrectly.
Be careful what you click on with all sites. The bonus or reward after you place your order is very common, including with some upscale clothing companies.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  1:30:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never been overcharged by Vistaprint. I like their business cards and have no complaints.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  2:16:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hadn't had problems with VistaPrint, either, but when I went to the website listed I was very surprised. It doesn't seem to be just a matter of someone mistakenly clicking the wrong box. There are incidents of phone numbers being sold and some underhanded business tactics. Look at the link AdAora provided. For me, it was a real eye opener. Thanks!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  6:43:04 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree, I could not believe all of the complaints. I know I will certainly use more caution and check my bank statements a little closer.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums