Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Kris S

Green Bay, WI
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  09:26:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

My experience with MCP video shop.

I received a call from MCP on September 30, 2013. I was asked if I could help them out and do a video shop which was 125 miles from my home. She was very pleasant and talked me through what needed to be done for this particular video shop. I decided to do this shop for the company and was able to complete the shop a few days later. When I got home after the shop I called because I had a few questions. I had to leave a message because the person who deals with video shops was on the phone. A few hours later I called back because I didn't want to submit my shop without my questions being answered. I was told that person had left for the day, I asked if anyone else could help me and was told that this was the only person at the company who dealt with video shops. I was advised to e-mail this person, which I did. No response. This was a Friday. My shop was due to submit Friday so I did, but still wasn't sure everything was submitted correctly. The following Tuesday I called again and was told she was out ill. The following Friday I resent my original e-mail and called the company once again. I finally was able to talk with this person. At first she sounded put out but then changed her attitude. She said that if there were issues or if more information was needed I would be contacted. Twenty days later my shop is still “pending validation.” So, I e-mail her again, eight days later still no response. I called this morning and had to leave a message since she was on the phone. I'm not sure if I expect to get a return phone call or not. Based on history, no. For a company who's business is Customer Service, I don't feel I'm getting very good customer service.

Now to be fair, I've done a few regular shops for this company with no issues and I did one other simple video shop that has been OK'd to pay.

It has been four weeks and my shop is still not OK to pay. I have not been contacted to say there are issued or more information is needed. I'm very frustrated at this point. This was my first video shop with this company. I'm not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Kris Soukup

Update:

Shortly after posting this I received a call from MCP and this shop has since been OK'd to pay! I was told that this particular type of shop has to go through two editing processes and that's why it takes longer to get it approved. That if there had been any issues with this shop I would have been contacted after the first edit. Now I know how things work. I'm just happy it's been taken care of :)

Kris

Kris
MSPA Silver Certified
Certified Video Shopper
Own PV500
Shopping Wisconsin and where ever shopping takes me
Go to Top of Page

SusanBizzozero
Apprentice

Sacramento, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  2:14:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I have had WONDERFUL experiences with them. The schedulers are great and they have always been prompt with paying. If you have a gig with them, go for it!

Susan Bizzozero
Go to Top of Page

Kathie Rost
Contributor

Murrieta, CA
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2013 :  4:35:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am TRYING to do a shop for them- it requires downloading a program that screen captures what you are doing in real time, so they can see how easy it is to navigate a website. Can't figure out how to do some things, does anybody have a contact # for these people?

Of course, the website tells me NOTHING....

Kona Kathie
Go to Top of Page

Marion
Contributor

Goochland, Virginia
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  06:02:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Generally I like working for this company: instructions are clear and payment is forthcoming. Having said I would urge some caution. I recently did a phone cell inquiry job. The associate I worked with me gave me a business card from a previous location: I did not think to check information on the card. The photo clearly demonstrated I was at the correct location....but the report was denied as the business card did not jive with the location address.

Marion
Go to Top of Page

BrendaInFL

Palm Beach, FL
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  06:55:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been a shopper for 20 years and rarely post to Volition, but I want to inform you of a recent experience.

On March 31, 2018, I performed an evaluation of a restaurant within a hotel for Measure Consumer Perspectives. I received a rating of "10 Great Report".

On May 31, 2018, I called the company to ask when I would receive reimbursement. No response.
On June 1, 2018, I called the company to ask when I would receive reimbursement. No response.
On June 4, 2018, I called the company to ask when I would receive reimbursement. No response.
On June 7, 2018, I called the company and asked for a manager. Brad was unavailable. No response.
On June 8, 2018, I asked for Brad (the manager). He was unavailable and no other management personnel could take my call.

Each call was answered by a professional operator who "understood" my frustration and disappointment. Each time I called, I was told I would get a call back. Unfortunately, I have never spoken to anyone in a position to explain the non-payment issue.

All I wanted was an explanation as to WHY I had not received payment, as well as WHEN I would be reimbursed.

Do you think mystery shopping companies should be shopped?
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2018 :  7:11:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Of course most mystery shopping companies do not want to be shopped. A good amount of the companies responsible for gathering data on clients are terrible themselves with customer service. I am sorry you are going thru this. At what point do you reach out directly to the client and ask what happened? Did you check the "other" board to see if there are problems being reported on this company? It seems like the "activity" on this particular forum has really grinded to a halt.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2018 :  7:28:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrendaInFL

I have been a shopper for 20 years and rarely post to Volition, but I want to inform you of a recent experience.

On March 31, 2018, I performed an evaluation of a restaurant within a hotel for Measure Consumer Perspectives. I received a rating of "10 Great Report".

On May 31, 2018, I called the company to ask when I would receive reimbursement. No response.
On June 1, 2018, I called the company to ask when I would receive reimbursement. No response.
On June 4, 2018, I called the company to ask when I would receive reimbursement. No response.
On June 7, 2018, I called the company and asked for a manager. Brad was unavailable. No response.
On June 8, 2018, I asked for Brad (the manager). He was unavailable and no other management personnel could take my call.

Each call was answered by a professional operator who "understood" my frustration and disappointment. Each time I called, I was told I would get a call back. Unfortunately, I have never spoken to anyone in a position to explain the non-payment issue.

All I wanted was an explanation as to WHY I had not received payment, as well as WHEN I would be reimbursed.

Do you think mystery shopping companies should be shopped?

Yes, there have been payment issues with this MSC. Hope the info in this link will help you: https://www.mysteryshopforum.com/read/6/661310/page=1

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2018 :  7:28:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Duplicate post accidentally posted.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

BrendaInFL

Palm Beach, FL
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2018 :  06:27:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Beverly Ann,
Thanks for the info posted on the other forum. If I had seen it, I would not have worked for MCP. And to be honest, I will never work for them again.

I expect to be paid in a timely manner for my work. If there is a problem-and the company values their independent contractors-it is incumbent upon them to apologize, explain and detail the future. I should not have to chase my duly earned reimbursement for months.

I hope they can solve their financial woes. Their reputation is on the line!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums