Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

JenniferP
Trainee

GA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  6:03:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done one job for Measure and have two more in the queue.

The first job was easy to understand with clear instructions and a responsive scheduler, and was paid promptly 35 days after completion.

JenniferP
Go to Top of Page

INJohn
Contributor

IN
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  10:17:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It looks like MCP is jumping on the Pizza bandwagon too!

The pay is slightly better than another MSP, but the reimbursement doesn't cover the cost of the required purchase (at least in my location).

The kicker is that there are hundreds of open shops that all have to be completed TODAY.

I sent 2 emails to the scheduler last night indicating that I would take 2 jobs if the reimbursement covered the entire OOP. Their stated maximum reimbursement is about $4 short of the required amount OOP.

On the chance that my emails didn't go, I "applied" to 2 jobs earlier this morning, again offering to complete the jobs if the reimbursement covered the full OOP. I set a deadline of 1PM, and my messages went unanswered.

I guess they don't want to fill the jobs too badly...or they want us to eat the difference in cost. Either way, I'm out for the time being.

John
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  11:49:00 AM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
John,

In some markets the pizza is more than $15. We will be going over the receipts and adjusting the actual amount reimbursed to cover the cost.

Thank you!

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page

INJohn
Contributor

IN
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  3:41:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I appreciate that Kimberly.

As an administrative matter, why post a lower set amount if you plan to cover the entire cost? The lower set amount keeps attentive shoppers from accepting your shops until they receive clarification. I don't think you're trying to keep shoppers from spending too much as the requirements seem pretty firm.

On urgent shops (i.e. these pizza shops), it seems like the potential delay could prevent the completion of the shop.

I know it's your business and you can set policies as you wish. But I don't understand the motivation. Were you just trying to see is shoppers were paying attention? Were you trying to see if shoppers would accept less than the reimbursed amount?

Thanks again for your response.

John
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  3:49:36 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
John,

Fair enough questions.

98% of the locations reimbursement are under the cost listed. Because of the tight parameters we were given with regards to due dates, as well as the small percentage of total locations we were asked to complete, we launched all shops. If locations were applied for that had higher amounts, then we would go back and reimburse at the higher amount. Because we were not shopping all locations, this was a much more effective use of our time that determining each individual location reimbursement.
The urgency was only related to completing a set number of shops, not at individual locations.

I hope this helps! Thank you for your feedback.

Kimberly

Kimberly Nasief
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  7:12:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kimberly,

It's unfortunate, because I think the store in my neighborhood was listed, but since I knew the posted reimbursement would not cover the cost I didn't apply. In my area with delivery and a $2 tip I always pay $18.20. I don't know if you are aware, but there have been some similar, if not identical jobs, where the reimbursement was set and in many cases didn't cover the cost.

I think what John was suggesting was not you having to research the prices in different areas, but just a rewording to say the required purchase would be fully reimbursed plus a set amount for the tip.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

JenniferR
Apprentice

Marietta, GA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  3:43:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done one of the field interviews for this company that are now posted on their job board? I would like a little more information before I sign up. They are not mystery shops and it says you may interview several associates in one visit. Just wondering....Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:34:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer,

I've completed a few of these. I like doing them. You have a letter and prior approval was obtained to do the interviews. (That wasn't the case when they first came out, and many were refused.) They are conducted in two separate areas of the stores, so you could probably do two in each store.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  12:41:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working quite a bit with Kimberly and MCP lately and I have to say they are really top notch. Communication is fantastic, pay is very good for the work involved and has always been on time.
I highly recommend these folks!

EDITED TO ADD: I got paid today, as promised: right on the 15th in my PayPal account! Good company, I tell you...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  04:54:58 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
JenniferR
The report was on Sassie. I like being able to save a copy of my report without having to print it.
Those assignments can be interesting. They are a nice change of pace from most assignments you see. Mine did not go as expected. When I called in, I was told "report your experience". Support was excellent, personal and professional. Yes, I would do them again. In some cases, a couple of these assignments may be very close to each other. The pay was fair to good in my case. I received payment by PayPal.

YMMV in terms how much typing you have to do based on the answers you get from the target locations.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  03:29:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kudos to MCP for providing free evaluations to a Kentucky/Indiana domestic violence center. The purpose of the calls is to assist in training center staff on how to handle incoming calls.

Though they are not paying shoppers to conduct the telephone shops, MCP is to be commended for assisting an agency who cares so much about how those calling for assistance are treated.

I'd rather volunteer my time for such a worthwhile cause than complete some of the shops with the ridiculously low shopper fees.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  5:07:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Judy in VA

Kudos to MCP for providing free evaluations to a Kentucky/Indiana domestic violence center. The purpose of the calls is to assist in training center staff on how to handle incoming calls.

Though they are not paying shoppers to conduct the telephone shops, MCP is to be commended for assisting an agency who cares so much about how those calling for assistance are treated.

I'd rather volunteer my time for such a worthwhile cause than complete some of the shops with the ridiculously low shopper fees.

I thought that was kinda cool myself.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Chris2

Indianapolis, IN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  07:33:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone signed up for the new pizza shops? Does the pizza have to be mutilated, rearranged and photographed, as with the previous MSC?

Chris
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  07:39:42 AM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
These are similar to what you are likely used to. You can cut the pizza within 5 minutes of delivery. There are some shops that require not photography. you can email your scheduler and ask if the location closest to you to find out if there are non photo shops available.

Hope this helps!

Kimberly Nasief
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  11:29:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would be really great if Measure would look at apps and approve shops before the due dates. If these guys can't even assign on time how can we expect to be paid on time. 10 foot pole extends outward.
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  11:38:23 AM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would be great to know what shops you are referring to. We are releasing things in waves, according to client specs.

Kimberly Nasief
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  04:44:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CThomas,
I don't know about timely assignments for their nonvideo shops, but timely payment has certainly not been an issue with these folks! AND, they have paid their shoppers even when the client has not paid them! In a world of MSCs that do not have sufficient cash flow or credit to make timely payments, they are champs for paying as promised, on time.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  5:17:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CThomas\It would be really great if Measure would look at apps and approve shops before the due dates.

Ar you referring to the pizza shops? I believe those are being scheduled by KSS.

Anyhow, fear not when it comes to payment. This is one of my all time favorite companies. Never an issue. I highly recommend them.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  05:53:01 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris, this is a great company and I have never heard one person complain about them before. However, that does not make your complaint any less valid. I hate it when applications sit and sit. I delete my application for the job and move on. If it is one of the jobs being scheduled by someone else though, it is probably a good thing you brought the subject to the surface so everyone is aware of the problem.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  06:20:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris -

I agree with you. I don't know what assignments you are referring to, but in the SE Pennsylvania area (including parts of DE and NJ) there are literally hundreds of the low-end "insect" cell phone assignments with a start date of 7/1 and a completion date of 7/6 and they just sit there. My applications are never acted upon, and the original postings of jobs are still there.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums