Page: of 10

INJohn
Contributor

IN
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  11:30:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
An update:

When Carroll said that my shops were 'excluded' she meant that they were rejected and that I would not be paid. I found this odd because of two shops that I completed, I received a '10' on one of the shops and the other shop didn't have a grade noted. These were NOT photo shops, by the way. So, I asked why they were rejected/excluded.

She looked into it and thinks it may have been a 'glitch' in their system or the SASSIE system because my reports were finalized.

Today I received payment in full for the shops that I completed in July.

I don't like having to chase payments, but I understand that sometimes errors occur. MCP came through for me and I'm pleased with the responses I received.

John
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  5:15:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the things that I like about this company is what John experienced, you aren't "guilty until proven innocent". If there is an error, they don't automatically assume it's yours but will do further research. They also explain the error (either on your end or theirs) so that you know what the problem may have been. Early on in a project that I am working on they not only took the time to explain why my shop couldn't be accepted but allowed me to redo it and fix the error, not just reject me outright. The error was a really dumb biggie because I didn't read the instructions closely enough, I might have rejected me! There also were one or two errors on their end which were fixed quickly and with good humor (based on the number of shops I have done for them it was bound to happen). They are one of my top two favorite companies.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  07:34:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, it looks like they found a solution for the glitches with SASSIE. MCP is now using Shopmetrics! I like that platform, so to me it's a win-win situation. Good platform, with a great automatic spell check, easy to use, clean to look at. Good move, MCP!

FYI, you need to re-register with the Shopmetrics system: https://mcp.shopmetrics.com/shopperSignup.asp . Took me all of two minutes.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Kendra
Contributor

Lakeville, IN
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  08:23:15 AM  Visit Kendra's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm doing my first job with them today! I did a recorded phone call prior to the shop, that was kinda cool!

It appears that some shops are on the Sassie platform, and others are on ShopMetrics.

Shopping Michiana!
Silver Certified
ymixxk
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  09:50:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they are phasing out of Sassie though. My understanding is that it will be all Shopmetrics pretty soon.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Mar
Contributor

PR
USA
91 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  09:03:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been receiving "overdue" emails about an assignment that I have not accepted. I have been sending emails to the schedulers without any response. Is this normal?
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  11:06:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mar,
In my experience that has been an intermittant issue due to glitches in their email routing system. I spoke with someone from the company about this at the IMSC conference. Sorry to hear that it is not yet fixed. At least I have never been "dinged" for not submitting a job that I had not accepted and have not heard of anyone having that problem. But, I agree that those automated "late" notices are a PITA. Fortunatley, all of the humans that I have interacted with there have been both pleasant and reasonable.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

AnnD
Apprentice

Metairie, LA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  07:20:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop, and it said "paid on 8/15/10." It still is not in my paypay even after getting an email from Kiki early last week promising me that I would receive it by the end of the week. What is up?

Ann Dwyer
Go to Top of Page

AnnD
Apprentice

Metairie, LA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  07:24:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have you received yours yet? I still have not from a shop that should have been paid on 8/15/2010. I called demanding someone call me back, and noone did. I emailed several people and received an email saying I would be paid, and it is still not in my paypal yet.

Ann Dwyer
Go to Top of Page

Wendy

Orange County, CA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  4:06:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just updating my records and noticed I was not paid for two (2) shops I did for Measure Consumer Perspectives from back in July (12th & 24th). I emailed the ap@measurecp.com on September 7th with no response. I sent my second email today along with going back in sassie and notifying my contact person. I will keep you all informed on when I get a response and payment so you can decide if you want to work with them or not. I average about 6 shops a month and personally don't like to baby-sit companies for my payments.

10/08: Emailed again today and finally got a response. They will be posting my money to paypal and should have it by early next week.

10/11: Received my payment in full via paypal.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  4:11:54 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wendy, email Caroll@measurecp.com, as well as kiki@measurecp.com .

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  4:15:50 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We also take phone calls, which can often be a faster way to receive a response.

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:01:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently completed my first two shops for MCP. They were cell phone store shops and, as it turned out, both stores were, err... shall we say, "sub-standard." I'm totally bummed that my first assignments for this company had to produce negative reports, but that's the way the shops went (ugh!).

Does anyone here have experience with how MCP handles negative shop reports? I sure hope that this company is not one of those that try to find fault with negative reports and reject them just to keep the client happy.

I wish I hadn't taken those particular locations... :(

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:35:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Vivian,
I have not heard of this company blaming the messenger when bad results have to be reported.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  12:32:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VivianSoCal
I wish I hadn't taken those particular locations... :(

It sounds like those are exactly the types of locations in need of our services.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  1:22:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Cilla. That makes me feel a lot better.

Yes, Sandi, I agree. And it makes me wonder... I'm sure these stores must have been shopped before, so Why on earth are these people still working there?!

Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent. I better go do something else.

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Dee

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  9:50:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do quite a few of these shops, and had a few less than stellar interactions.

I made sure I was objective, and backed up my statements with quotes and facts. I received the same 10/10 score when I reported negative facts as when I report positive facts.

While there are plenty of companies (Intelli-Shop) when I cringe if any interaction is less than perfect, MCP is not one of them.

Sandra Dee
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  2:30:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping someone is near their computer and has completed a pizza shop for MCP. I feel like an idiot because I cannot locate both the Job ID and the Store/Location ID. The only numbers I've found are the one and my own rep number. I know the instructions say the numbers can be found "inside" the shop, but I'll be darned if I know where. Is this like those updates another company sends out where the secret numbers are embedded in the words

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  2:44:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they've moved these to shopmetrics, then I can't help you. If those are still reported on sassie, the job number is located in parentheses on the colored bar after the name of the shop, and the ID# is right after the street address. At least, that's where it was in July.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  2:57:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got excited when there was a response, but it's not the one I wanted It is on shopmetrics now and next to location is a 4 digit number and then the address. I'm assuming that's the location number, but it's not the same number as when this job was with another company. I always thought parent companies assign location numbers and assumed it would be the same. To make it more confusing the sample photos have anywhere from 2 to 5 digits for the location and from 5 to 8 digits for the job id

Since there's no way to take photos until it's cleared up I'm missing my afternoon snack.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums