Volition.com Forums

Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

 All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Measure Consumer Perspectives
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Debbie Haas
Member

Slidell, LA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:21:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And you wont answer my emails.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Haas
Member

Slidell, LA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:38:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IIts not about the 8.00. Its the fact that Measure Consumer Prospectives sent me to a closed cell phone store. This is now open as a Gold place with no physical number on the building. I sent photos of this location as well as surrounding buildings. I also emailed a copy of the business card of the Gold place, as this would have verified I was at the correct location.


Was told I would not be paid because I went to the wrong location.
The Gold store and the cell phone place had the same address.


Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  8:11:30 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went to a closed location and provided the address picture. I was paid with no problems! I will work with them again :)

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  09:26:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always found Kimberly and the entire staff at Measure easy to communicate with, and to reach out to. And Lord knows that I have worked on projects for them where nothing went according to plan! Yet I was always paid as promised, and very often faster than promised.
Debbie, your situation seems to be unusual and seems to have escalated to an unwanted level. Have you talked to Kimberly by phone and cleared things out?

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  09:46:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmilyPWa

I went to a closed location and provided the address picture. I was paid with no problems! I will work with them again :)



I went to a location last week, the store was still available and operating under the same name, but the employee was gone and the door was locked. I took the photo and I'm getting paid the closed store fee.

The same day the address on the business card was a misprint, the last number was wrong, the phone number was correct, that went though with the explanation.

Joyce
MSPA Gold Certified
Video Shopping OR/WA since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Haas
Member

Slidell, LA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  1:29:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No Servanne I have sent all the documentation that Kimberly and the editor asked for. They wont even answer any email from me.
I guess they are enjoying the Starbucks they got with my pay.
I just will take it off my taxes as a loss. But lesson learned for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Servanne

I have always found Kimberly and the entire staff at Measure easy to communicate with, and to reach out to. And Lord knows that I have worked on projects for them where nothing went according to plan! Yet I was always paid as promised, and very often faster than promised.
Debbie, your situation seems to be unusual and seems to have escalated to an unwanted level. Have you talked to Kimberly by phone and cleared things out?


Debbie
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  1:41:59 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No Servanne, she's never called our offices. Since I am being induced soon, I don't anticipate hearing from her.

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Haas
Member

Slidell, LA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  07:51:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No I wont waste my air time minutes to a company that wont even answer emails.
Another observation, maybe if they spend less time chatting on FB and forums. Maybe they would get more work done


There are so many other great companies that answer your emails and they PAY for the shops completed. LOVE working for them


Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  09:24:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie Haas
Another observation, maybe if they spend less time chatting on FB and forums. Maybe they would get more work done



Companies are faced with a lose-lose situation: they are being criticized for having an online presence, and being criticized when they don't have an online presence. What gives?

As for wasting your airtime minutes, clearing up a situation like this one may be a good use your minutes. Kimberly has repeatedly hinted that a phone call might help resolve your issue. It may be worth giving it a try.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  10:49:51 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie Haas

No I wont waste my air time minutes to a company that wont even answer emails.
Another observation, maybe if they spend less time chatting on FB and forums. Maybe they would get more work done


There are so many other great companies that answer your emails and they PAY for the shops completed. LOVE working for them




How would you know they were on Facebook and the forums unless you were there too.

Nonetheless, keeping communication lines open with shoppers on all forefronts is a positive and should not be discouraged by anyone.

There are some things that simply do not come across clearly in the written word as it is so easy to misread what someone is trying to say. Spending a few minutes on the phone is definitely worth it to me to make sure my relationship with a company is not spoiled.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

CourtneyH
Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  2:03:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So MCP has had a number of shops on their website since the week before last and they keep slipping the due date by a few days... but very few shops are getting assigned. I don't dare contact them via email because the automated emails are fraught with warnings against contacting the schedulers. I can't figure out, if they're so busy, why so many shops are sitting open with the due date going by over and over.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be happening there? I hate to fill up my calendar when I'd love to do some of these shops but with the due date changing several times now I also don't want to sit on my hands and not work.

Courtney
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  2:17:45 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CourtneyH

So MCP has had a number of shops on their website since the week before last and they keep slipping the due date by a few days... but very few shops are getting assigned. I don't dare contact them via email because the automated emails are fraught with warnings against contacting the schedulers. I can't figure out, if they're so busy, why so many shops are sitting open with the due date going by over and over.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be happening there? I hate to fill up my calendar when I'd love to do some of these shops but with the due date changing several times now I also don't want to sit on my hands and not work.



Courtney: I've only done two shops for these guys but my experience has been that when you sign up for the shop, there is a pop up screen which asks when you can do the shops. If you are assigned the shop, it will appear in your Inbox and sometimes the scheduler will contact you with the date it needs to be done by. Mine gave me some wiggle room and told me if I could not do it by a given date to let them know to change it.

So it would be best to ask for the shop and let the scheduler get back to you if need be.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  2:39:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually I communicated with the scheduler about these jobs. Apparently there are a lot of jobs and a set number which need to be completed for each retailer. The jobs are being left on the board until that magic number is completed and then they will be removed. I wouldn't worry too much about the dates. I'm sure if and when they are assigned you will be allowed ample time to complete them. BTW, the jobs themselves go very, very quickly so unless you are going the opposite direction that day it would be easy to fit in several. If the store is busy nobody will even bother you and if it's slow I tell them it's information gathering for someone else and that I'm not the decision-maker.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CourtneyH
Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  7:00:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaSTL

Actually I communicated with the scheduler about these jobs. Apparently there are a lot of jobs and a set number which need to be completed for each retailer. The jobs are being left on the board until that magic number is completed and then they will be removed.


That explains what I'm seeing - thanks for the tip!

Courtney
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  7:55:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received email 2 days after a shop was submitted that the photo I'd attached was blurry. I sent a 2nd photo (different one - I always plan ahead!) and one day later left for vacation in Europe. After I arrived in the UK, I received an email message that my 2nd photo was also blurry. Both photos were excellent and not at all blurry - I assume that there was an issue with the sizing of the photo and the MCP software related to the photo sizing. As I was overseas, it was impossible for me to send a 3rd photo. Long story short - they should've contacted me much quicker with the alleged "issue." I went to a lot of trouble to perform what ended up being a lengthy report with lots of input (audit) and was not paid. Needless to say, I won't work for MCP again. I won't work for a company that won't pay me - as simple as that. Mystery shopping is fine but I'm very fortunate I don't have to sell my soul and put up with pettiness in order to make a living.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  10:47:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LisaTX,
Have you tried calling Kimberly? She may be able to unravel the problem for you.

Always worth a try.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Haas
Member

Slidell, LA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:03:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem. They waited months to get back in touch with me, I went to a closed location. They refused to pay me as well. Have contacted someone for help with this.

Good luck


quote:
Originally posted by LisaTX

I received email 2 days after a shop was submitted that the photo I'd attached was blurry. I sent a 2nd photo (different one - I always plan ahead!) and one day later left for vacation in Europe. After I arrived in the UK, I received an email message that my 2nd photo was also blurry. Both photos were excellent and not at all blurry - I assume that there was an issue with the sizing of the photo and the MCP software related to the photo sizing. As I was overseas, it was impossible for me to send a 3rd photo. Long story short - they should've contacted me much quicker with the alleged "issue." I went to a lot of trouble to perform what ended up being a lengthy report with lots of input (audit) and was not paid. Needless to say, I won't work for MCP again. I won't work for a company that won't pay me - as simple as that. Mystery shopping is fine but I'm very fortunate I don't have to sell my soul and put up with pettiness in order to make a living.


Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  06:06:31 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a reference for the MCP vendor that sells the PV-500 button camera used for video shops? I'm having slight communication trouble from an MCP rep's vendor that has a critical part of the camera on national back order. Originally, it was estimated that the part would arrive within 2-3 days yet that time has since passed over a week ago.

Sitting here with a brand new camera rig that I can't test due to this part. Any help is certainly appreciated in contacting the vendor of MCP.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  07:29:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done their new phone shops that require you do the phone call and then call back to tell them you just shopped them? Do they provide a script for the 'reveal' or is that all up to you? That seems awkward to me, not to mention I hope they aren't using caller ID, but perhaps the scenario does play out more smoothly than it sounds.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  07:49:16 AM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi,

Great points! Here is the client's justification for the reveal-the associate begins an hour long process documenting the prospects phone call. Obviously, we don't want the associate doing that. That is why we want the shopper to immediately call back. Our suggestion is to call back, and ask to be transferred to the person you just spoke with and let the person you spoke with know that you were conducting a mystery shop. Thank them. If they attempt to ask questions, let them know that you aren't able to provide any feedback. Short, sweet, polite, Concise. If you've used an alias, they have no idea who you are.

The good thing about the phone system we use is that your number is blocked (so no fear of caller id).

Hope this helps!

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums