Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  07:56:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is both reassuring and makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  07:59:20 AM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My pleasure. Thank you for asking!

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  03:59:38 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
From my experience with this company, they are kind of a double-edged sword on some things. While they stress keeping communication lines open with the schedulers, they won't call you back after leaving urgent voice mails or follow up on emails regarding shop concerns or questions. I've usually succeeded doing so after multiple calls and emails have been made. Unfortunately, its hit or miss.

Applying for shops is hit or miss too. There have been on occasion where the scheduler posts "urgent, shop needs to be done ASAP" and after applying for it, the shop will still sit in an open status. ????? Just don't get it.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  6:39:35 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Our team is very responsive to shoppers that act with integrity and do not reveal themselves as the mystery shopper on their assigned shops.

Kimberly Nasief
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  01:17:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaTX

I received email 2 days after a shop was submitted that the photo I'd attached was blurry. I sent a 2nd photo (different one - I always plan ahead!) and one day later left for vacation in Europe. After I arrived in the UK, I received an email message that my 2nd photo was also blurry. Both photos were excellent and not at all blurry - I assume that there was an issue with the sizing of the photo and the MCP software related to the photo sizing. As I was overseas, it was impossible for me to send a 3rd photo. Long story short - they should've contacted me much quicker with the alleged "issue." I went to a lot of trouble to perform what ended up being a lengthy report with lots of input (audit) and was not paid. Needless to say, I won't work for MCP again. I won't work for a company that won't pay me - as simple as that. Mystery shopping is fine but I'm very fortunate I don't have to sell my soul and put up with pettiness in order to make a living.

Sounds like the pizza delivery assignment. I've never done that one for this company, but I stopped doing those shops for the client, because a different company that used to have the same client rejected my photos on the same allegation of blurriness. I shot the photos with an expensive camera that has automatic focus. The photos looked clear from my end. Strangely, they said nothing about the receipt photo being blurry. It's always a roll of the dice with those pizza photo shops, regardless of how well you perform the shop or shoot the photos. Or if it wasn't the pizza photos, it seems that any photo shop where they are looking for details in the photo is iffy, because clarity can be very subjective, apparently.

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  01:27:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KimberlyNWest

Our team is very responsive to shoppers that act with integrity and do not reveal themselves as the mystery shopper on their assigned shops.

Hello Kimberly,

I am a shopper who has always acted with integrity and never revealed myself as the mystery shopper on any shop. A few months ago, I was assigned a shop, performed the shop, went home to complete the report, but found that the shop was no longer on my log. I contacted Robin by e-mail, and got no response. I wanted to submit the report for the shop I had completed in good faith. I've shopped the same client at different locations numerous times with no problems. When I got no response from Robin, I e-mailed Barbara. Still, no response. So it wound up being time and money wasted on my part, as I would not have driven there and spent money there if it had not been a mystery shop. I don't recall whether I called your office, but I did send multiple unanswered e-mails for sure.

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  4:03:47 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  09:58:18 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KimberlyNWest

I love this company because everything is sooo direct.

And, they have given me opportunties that other companies have not. I will go out on a limb for a company until I learn that the company does not appreciate the shopper. This company has always appreciated my work. Always.

Go to Top of Page

JRossetti

Elgin, Illinois
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  2:14:29 PM  Send JRossetti an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robin and Barbara do not reply as fast as other people. It can make it a challenge to work for those tobacco audits.

If you are dealing with David and Amy especially they always give same day (many times same hour) responses and are a joy to work with. Ive done about 150 to 200 jobs for this company.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

CookieGold

Fountain Hills, AZ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  4:04:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is an alert for any of you who completed a LEGAL INQUIRY SHOP for Measure Consumer Perspectives. Your credit card was charged the fee, and you then had to call the client yourself to request the refund. That part worked OK. I did this shop in early September, and the refund was posted within five days. Unfortunately, the client AGAIN charged me the monthly fee one month after the original charge. I just noticed this over the weekend and will now have to call the legal company a second time and request not only a second refund but also some assurance that my account will be completely closed this time. So watch your credit card statements! Not worth it for $12!

Cookie
shopping in AZ, MD, and PA
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2012 :  06:51:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is MCP's turnaround time on payment? I do not recall whether they pay at the end of the same month we do the shops, or at the end of the following month.

Trying to budget myself here...

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  6:23:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DLampkin

What is MCP's turnaround time on payment? I do not recall whether they pay at the end of the same month we do the shops, or at the end of the following month.

Trying to budget myself here...

I have worked for them consistently since 2010 and, except for 2 months where the 15th fell on a Saturday, they have paid either on the 14th or the 15th of the following month (those other months they paid on the 17th). This means that November should pay no later than 12/17. HTH! I have never had an issue with payment...I do check the assignments to make sure that it doesn't say "Hold Pay" - on the rare occasions that that has happened it means there's a minor issue which can be cleared up easily (attachment occasionally doesn't attach, etc.) Checking the screen before the last day of the month allows any problems to be resolved quickly. I have found them to be very easy to work with when unusual situations have arisen.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:03:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else get a 'welcome' message today? I've been working for them for 5 years, and suddenly got an email thanking me for applying on 1/17/13. Huh? It lists my usual login name and has a field for password but it is blank.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:06:54 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi,

We purchased Core Research Inc, and there was a notification that was sent out to their shoppers today. It's possible that ou received that? Let me check around a little bit!

Kimberly

Kimberly Nasief
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:49:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It doesn't mention Core Research, but I did apply with them in 8/11 so I suppose it is possible.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  8:19:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received the same welcome to MCP message. I also could not sign in, so I used the "forget password" link and it allowed me to put in a new password to sign in.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  8:44:24 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

Anyone else get a 'welcome' message today? I've been working for them for 5 years, and suddenly got an email thanking me for applying on 1/17/13. Huh? It lists my usual login name and has a field for password but it is blank.

Was wondering the same thing myself...will have to create a new password and see what comes up...

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2013 :  06:02:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually like shopping for these guys but lately it seems the pay has gone down on the shops I usually do for them. The questionnaire is too long and involved for a lousy $10. Used to be $12, which is still under my minimum, but I used to take them because many of the stores were near each other or at least convenient enough for me to do a bunch in one day. But ten bucks? Not worth the trouble. So, I probably won't again, unless they get real and raise it back up or make the shops simpler with shorter reports.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2013 :  4:26:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a notice from Core Research informing me that they had been acquired by MCP effective 2/1/2013. Also, received the welcome letter from MCP. I was already registered with both and have not tried to log in yet.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

Tony DeOliveira

Kearny, NJ
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  05:02:20 AM  Visit Tony DeOliveira's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was approved for three jobs in Brooklyn for a cellular company shop. I spent money on a train and a bus to get there but that’s how I get there. The shops were for $20 dollars each (normally $10 each) Two of the stores were closed. You still need to provide photos of the stores, whether you call ahead or not. They stated that because the stores were closed I would only get $5 for each of the closed stores. I don’t mind taking a hit from $10 to $5, but from $20 to $5 is a bit much.

It gets better!

Yesterday I was informed that three other stores I did in Brooklyn at $20 each were rejected. These stores were listed as need in to be done on the 26th of March. They were still available on the 26th in the afternoon so I requested them. When you request a job you are given a pop up window (see attached) asking you to “please provide a brief note in support of your application and the date(s) you can complete this assignment”. I did just that and told them that I can do this on Wednesday, the 27th. I was approved and the jobs were placed in my queue. I completed the jobs and submitted my reports. Now they say “no pay for you, we needed them on the 26th.

Here is the part that really defies reason. The Managing Editor replies to my email and says, “The notes are only there for a scheduler to look at after the fact if needed for some reason. The schedulers do not have the time to open up 3000 different applications and read the notes before approving them.” Does that make any sense? Why have this pops up window there at all? To read the notes AFTER you approve me for a shop? They basically put all the responsibility on someone else. I hope they reverse their decision. I’ll keep you updated.

Tony DeOliveira
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums