Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  10:02:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Tony, that is pretty poor.

I really dislike the companies that make you commit to a day, then you have to wait around to find out if you were scheduled or not. There is no way you can plan a week around that method.

You miss out on other jobs while waiting to find out if this one was accepted or not. I would hope they would reverse their decision on these jobs, obviously if the deadline had passed and they still had it posted you would assume the deadline was extended (everyone else does that). They should not have assigned you then, if it was past the acceptable work date. Ball is back in their court. You have proof of the date you agreed to from your comments - but I don't think you get a copy of that page or could reproduce it, so that is a problem.

PS - If worse comes to worse, make sure they know you are going to post your bad experience on a shoppers forum where the rest of us will then think twice about working for them again.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  10:22:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Angela-
I do not often side with MSC's, but in this case, I think you misread Tony's post. He applied for the 3 jobs on the 26th and they were due on the 26th. The deadline had not passed. The system that this MSC uses generally auto-assigns shops. There is no calendar to click on. I have often wondered why the type-in-the box appears at all. So, on the 26th Tony applied for the shops and they were immediately assigned to him. Knowing how the system works, the due date would have shown up as the 26th. He didn't do them until the 27th, which is past the deadline. (I often look to see when stores close before applying for shops since shops on assignment pages generally do not roll off until midnight, stores can easily be closed when the shops are still listed. When a scheduler has to intervene, they project us from this. When the system effectively self-assigns, the onus is upon each of us to be vigilant.)

I think the message here for everyone is that anytime you see a deadline, you have to be willing to meet it. Some systems require that you click on a calendar, and if the date you pick is past the deadline, it won't assign it to you at all or even accept the application. This MSC uses a system which allows you to self-assign, so you have to be aware of what that means (there is no calendar to click on).

When I have been in the position of wanting to do a shop the next day, I either send an email to the scheduler or I wait until they change the due date.

I hope that rational minds at Measure Consumer Perspectives prevail and Tony is paid. His other complaint was about receiving $5 when a bonused shop can not be completed. I have learned the hard way that when they say $5 for a shop which can not be completed if the location is closed (and prove it to us!), that is exactly what they mean. I don't like it either, but I have never succeeded in arguing for a higher rate of pay

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  11:00:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harvey

I see what you mean, yes I did presume that the deadline had passed for these shops(or that it was the evening of)and it shouldn't have allowed him to schedule them.

I do find it ironic though that the email you receive (just got one a minute ago) says this ...
=================================
" Our schedulers may get many applications per shop. If you are looking to stand out from the crowd, we have an opportunity for you to do this! When applying, a yellow box pops up. Provide us with a reason in a succinct and grammatically correct format when you apply. Our schedulers do look at this. "
=================================
But then a scheduler tells you just the opposite - that they don't have time to look at 3,000 comments on shop apps.

I also don't see where these are self-assign shops - they are shop apps and therefore the comment about when you will do them - but no place to input an actual date. Maybe you get them assigned so quickly that they seem like self-assign, but that hasn't been my experience.

I have entered a few of these, with comments about the date or my availability only to have no response whatsoever. I far prefer the self-schedule method because it is really the only way you can fill a day and know for sure where you are going and how many you can fit in.

Having to wait around for a yea/nay is too annoying.
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  2:59:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had problems with the MCP site, lately,when I go to the website to search and sign up for shops. I auto assigned four shops at different times. They all showed up on my assignment page. Yet when the shops are near the due date, they had disappeared. This has not happened when I have signed up from an email notice only when I search and auto assign shops on the website. I am not sure what is happening but it has dissuaded me from signing up for MCP shops.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  4:24:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the problems with that software, IMO, is that you cannot always tell if it is a self-assign or an apply-and-wait assignment. I'm pretty sure I've had ones that required application and scheduler approval that did not have the calendar on it. Thus, you never know if putting in comments will do any good or not.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Tony DeOliveira

Kearny, NJ
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  05:30:38 AM  Visit Tony DeOliveira's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harvey,
Although it is true that the jobs were for the 26th ans I applied for them on the 26th, I did type a REQUIRED message to the scheduler stating that I can do these on the 27th. If that was acceptable, then assign them to me. The email I received from the Managing editor was that their schedulers don't have time to sift through and read all the messages. Then why bother putting the there? Hire more schedulers! Why didn't they contact me on the evening of the 26th and say, "if the jobs are done, don't bother."? Why did they wait until they received the photos and completed reports and tell me "thank but you're not getting paid."? It just looks shady.

If you need more staff, hire more staff. Don't punish the shopper who is out on trains and buses, trying to make some extra cash.

Tony DeOliveira
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  09:12:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tony

It is really hard not to think it sometimes, that they would let you go ahead, collect the information, do all the reporting, reject it but then still secretly use the report.
No way we would ever know for sure unless we were able to contact the client directly - which of course we can't and would not do. We are put in a position where we are required to just trust them, though we always need to provide hard proof and documentation on our end.
Feels like an unfair balance at times.

It is distressing, and given the circumstances with your shop they should allow it. It isn't as if you disregarded the instructions, or failed to perform in any way. It was a simple date issue, you followed the directions.

They failed on their end, they should fix it.
Go to Top of Page

MarthaG

CA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  3:36:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the web shops? I am a little wary because of the credit card number requirement and the bad experience someone else had with another shop of theirs that required a cc number. Just wondering if it is worth it & how involved it is. Thx!
Go to Top of Page

Tony DeOliveira

Kearny, NJ
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  1:10:48 PM  Visit Tony DeOliveira's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a real quick update. I left a voice message and an email for someone at the office of the company. I have YET to hear back on this issue. It's really sad when companies don't care about the shoppers that put money in their pockets.

Tony DeOliveira
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyNWest
Valued Contributor

Louisville, KY
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  1:25:45 PM  Visit KimberlyNWest's Homepage  Send KimberlyNWest an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Who did you contact in the company? Who did you leave a voice mail with? Brittany is the lead scheduler on it, and she hasn't received any emails from you. Brittany can answer the questions that you have. Brittany@measurecp.com .

Kimberly

Kimberly Nasief
Measure Consumer Perspectives
http://www.measurecp.com
FB: http://measurecp.net/6V
Go to Top of Page

Tony DeOliveira

Kearny, NJ
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  08:58:39 AM  Visit Tony DeOliveira's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke to a scheduler who, after I asked her to, transfered me to a gentleman's voice mail. I have yet to hear from anyone. Thank you for the email address.

Tony DeOliveira
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  6:53:07 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tony, did you try calling back to Measure after leaving a voice mail? I've been on the phone with them on three separate occasions today, one of which actually called me back after I left a voice mail. One scheduler that I've been speaking with for quite a while now mentioned that one of their male schedulers is out of the office (I think of illness) for the last few days. The person that is handling one of his major accounts actually called me today as follow up on an ongoing project.

If you left a message with the aforementioned male scheduler, I highly recommend calling back to the office to explain your problem. Or, I would heed Kimberly's insight on contacting Brittany as well.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Tony DeOliveira

Kearny, NJ
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  1:00:31 PM  Visit Tony DeOliveira's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
In all fairness, I spoke to Trevor and we came to an agreement that was fair for both parties. They admitted that the scheduler should have read the notes and I also understand that, moving forward, I won't request jobs that are ALREADY at their due date. So we split the difference.

Now I find that there are over 3500 shops available but now they won't show on my page. I even changed the miles to 100 and all I get are dental shops and luxury cars, no cellular shops. Trevor told me that it's a bug that they are working out. We'll see. Is anyone else having trouble with their site or am I just the lucky one?

UPDATE... I also realized that I'm not getting any emails from MCP. It's almost like I was removed from any mobile phone offers.

I see that there are tons of mobile phone shops available. Just not for me. I had full confidence in Trevor and he lied. He told me there was glitch in the system and there isn't any glitch. I just spoke to three other shoppers and they see 3524 jobs, as of this posting, but when I log in there are only 1850 because I cannot do Mobile Shops.

This is what happens when you open your mouth and confront someone. I spoke my mind and told them what they did was wrong and now they have to lie. I expected more from MCP. I followed the rules and spoke to everyone in order from the editor to whatever Trevor Howie is. It's a sad day when you have to resort to making up excuses and lies just for $30.

Tony DeOliveira
Go to Top of Page

Roberta07
Contributor

Chambersburg, PA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  06:34:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am very pleased with this company. Each individual has dealt with me with fairness and professionalism when I made a mistake. If the mistake was theirs, it was corrected quickly and professionally. I will gladly continue to shop for them.

Roberta W.
Shopping Southcentral PA and MD
Go to Top of Page

FergusonKka
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
140 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  10:26:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Phone shops: I am thinking of braving these. Are they a nuisance? I assume business cards are nonexistent at some stores---is there a substitute for these acceptable to the client? Are they a lot of work for what they pay? I haven't done a cell phone shop in the last few years, is it worthwhile? What's the best/worst experience you have with this shop? Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm traveling where there are some and wonder how bad they are.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Sherry Lyons
Contributor

Halsey, OR
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  2:54:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do these all of the time and they are pretty easy to do. The other company that does them pays a little more but I have never had a problem getting paid and find the shops easy to do. You have a little narrative to write for some of the questions but usually this is just a couple of sentences. Good Luck

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  6:32:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I rarely do them, but it's because there is almost always a LONG wait for help around here. The last time I did one was because I was going to buy a new phone anyway. If you have to get the information, you might as well get paid for it!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  6:51:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done cell phone shops for several different MSC's and for virtually all of the carriers. Some are sponsored by cell phone manufacturers, some by individual carriers, some I haven't figured out. Most of the time, I do not have to wait. Occasionally I have come close to the longest maximum that one MSC has for waiting (40 minutes), but that is rare for me. I did three of them today. I like cell phone shops so much that I did 2 of them while on vacation on the opposite coast two weeks ago. Getting business cards used to be hard, but now I only have issues in big box stores, and there is a work-around provided for them.

Scenarios and requirements vary from one MSC to another, so my advice is to try one from each MSC, even if you hate the first one.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

SandyKMac
Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  10:06:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else have trouble trying to log on? when I click on the link to log in, I get a 404 error.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  07:45:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No problem logging in this morning with IE 10 or Chrome.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums