Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  08:39:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Baker

My question is... what mystery shopper qualifies for any of these shops. The ones I reviewed said you could not be self-employed. Aren't all mystery shoppers self-employed?

I only do the shopping on the side -- so I have a regular job that I file taxes and just add in the mystery shopping.

I really think the loans are a bit of a scam --you get your money three or four weeks before you would usually get it and with the fees for the loan are very high -- based on the amount of time you will have their money. I also think -- if you aren't approved for the loan -- you still have to pay the application and loan fees.

Just my opinion

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  2:18:18 PM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Baker

My question is... what mystery shopper qualifies for any of these shops. The ones I reviewed said you could not be self-employed. Aren't all mystery shoppers self-employed?

Technically no, most mystery shoppers are just doing this work as a secondary source of income. The question is worded in a way that makes it more confusing. Basically they want to ensure that you will at least have one W-2 from a normal job.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue 624

MI
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  06:46:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the "refund transfer" version of the tax preparation shop this year?? If so can you get the refund in a check or direct deposit and not just in a debit card?? Were you approved?? Thanks for what info you can provide.

Susan
MSPA Gold Certified and Shopping since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  2:19:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for an RAL shop (not by the company that posted here btw) and the place was in an awful neighborhood. I looked it up on google street view. The building had a hand-painted sign with a hand-drawn picture of a rooster and there was a food truck selling "mariscos" out front. The only other location was in a town that is to be avoided. I decided no way would I go there with my sensitive documents, and I doubt they spoke English anyway. I canceled.

-dd
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Get Active!

If you just read, you are not really a member.

Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums