Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brent
Contributor

Peoria, Arizona
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  09:52:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A few monhs ago there was a company wanting someone to merchandise jewelry in dept stores. Anyone who who that might be?

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  11:35:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try Lawrence Merchandising.
Go to Top of Page

LoriCochran
Trainee

Crestline, OH
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  1:12:10 PM  Visit LoriCochran's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
MassPRO is looking for additional people as well.
~Lori

Lori Cochran
The Pet Firm
Area Manager
MidWest & NorthWest Regions
Go to Top of Page

Loyce
Contributor

Gadsden, AL
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  6:30:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lantis Merchandising

Loyce Ellis
Go to Top of Page

Brent
Contributor

Peoria, Arizona
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  07:38:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to find a correct contact for Lantis. All E-Mails keep coming back as undeliverable.
Go to Top of Page

CindyEB

OH
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  09:15:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Lantis Merchandising. Here is a contact that may be able to assist you.

Sabrina L. Townes
Motive Eyewear, Inc.
Customer Service Supervisor
Department Stores
Anaheim, CA Office
714-414-1071, X7956 (local direct)
1-800-689-3700, X7956 (toll-free)

HTH ~Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Loyce
Contributor

Gadsden, AL
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  09:57:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Application for Lantis Merchandising Services.

http://as.motiveeyewear.com/Application.aspx

Loyce Ellis
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  04:05:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi LoriCochran I wanted to ask if you started working for Mass Pro Inc. A few members of this forum are asking for their contact and I told them to read your post when you first asked about them a year ago. You had posted their phone numbers and email address. Did you give them a try and if so please give a little information on the company, like what type of merchandising besides jewelry do the work on and what stores they may service, please.
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

LoriCochran
Trainee

Crestline, OH
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  7:50:28 PM  Visit LoriCochran's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
(Hi Mary)

I posted my experience with MassPRO with my original posting from 2007 to keep all of it in one area for reference purposes.

I've had good experiences with them, and am still working for them at this time. I am only aware of jewelry services that they provide in department stores around the country.

~Lori

Lori Cochran
The Pet Firm
Area Manager
MidWest & NorthWest Regions
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  05:55:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Foster Grant has costume jw.

Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  2:03:02 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do jewelry for FGX (Foster Grant) but it's not in department stores. It tends to be in drug stores or dollar stores in my area.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  07:58:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MassPRO, finally advertised for my area, now that we have a mall. They have assignments for Dillards and Macys service jewelry and handbags, launching out new products in a Sept.

Watch out if you apply and get a call about the job you'll get emailed a letter of commitment to send back within 24 hrs of receiving it. That's not enough to re-consider if you can, want to take this job.

It becomes a conflict of interest because I work on jewelry and handbags at the same locations..... with another company, but different brands....so they're competitors...... then what....In stead of getting more hours at the same location I have to choose who to work for. Calulated my hours and pay...per month...per year...Which is the best company? .

When one company says it's a conflict of interest and the other company doesn't.....when is it a conflict? My 24 hrs to reply was up on the 30th 10:00am .......I wasn't told about this 24 hrs reply during the phone call, so I didn't open my emails for 2 days.

I was thinking about it.........After you reply to the commitment then you have 48 hrs to return the application....

I ended with a head ache calculated the assignments are only 1-4 hrs per month may be a few more added after the new launch in Sept. THIS IS ONLY FOR MY AREA, OK!! Both companies equal in hours and pay.......undesided...

I found them at:
On the left edge of page you can do a job search for your area and choose merchandising from the list below.

http://www.clothingindustryjobs.com/Browse.asp?cid=42&cp=2

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  12:16:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To be sure I inform you that MassPro did not bring up the problems with Conflict of Interest it was the other company. I discussed this with them and servicing other brands for other companies is not a problem with them.

Since the other company did make it a conflict of interest not to work for other companies servicing the same products for other brands I had to drop them....and hired by MassPro the hours were about the same.

I NEED to increase my in-store hours working for a few companies at the same location or same Mall. MassPro is an excellent company to work for they have NO problem with that even if it the same product for a different brand.

They took the time to explain when it becomes a Conflict of Interest to them. It's within their own company....scheduling assignments.

They totally understand us having to work for multiple companies.
If they service Calvin Klein, Jessica Simpson and Luck & Charm handbags at Dillards. I would be scheduled to service only one brand (Calvin Klein), they would need another merchandiser to service another brand (Jessica Simpson), plus another merchandiser to service the last brand (Luck & Charm). I could not be scheduled to service all three at the same store because they're competitors and this would be a Conflict of Interest.

I would be able to service the other brands at other locations like Macy's (Jessica Simpson), Sears (Calvin Klein?).

Interesting.....Conflict of Interest?...?...?
Hired Monday, over three days past my 24hrs commitment deadline!!

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  09:08:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working with jewelry and all other accessories. Currently I am working with jewelry in a major Department store, but I would like to find a company that hires reps. to work with other accessories as well. Men's, Women's and children. Any contact information would be appreciated.

Mary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums