Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: WIS International (WIS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

SylviaS

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  2:37:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any info on Washington Inventory Service ? Hire as employee or IC? Any payment problems? They advertised for part-time help for inventory in convenience stores. Have not done inventory. Is it very involved or complicated? Is it something I would want to try? Any info is appreciated. TIA.

http://www.wisintl.com/

ADMIN NOTE:
On April 14, 2005, Western Inventory Service Ltd. ("Western"), merged with Washington Inventory Service ("Washington"). The combined company is called WIS International ("WIS") and is owned by ONCAP and management.

JohnDavis813
Valued Contributor

Avon, OH
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  07:31:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not worked for this company but have used them as an inventory company. There is training involved. The company uses handheld data entry machines. It is important to be able to use the key board without looking at it. If you can do the touch system on a calculator, that would help alot.

Please keep in mind that inventory systems often work early hours in some cases - before the store opens and very late hours - after the store closes. Often travel is involved.

John

John
Go to Top of Page

ReneeWabs

Marietta, Georgia
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  05:18:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company in their Specialty Services Division which does merchandising. Most of the work I have done for them has been cigarette resets, audits and placing POP. Their pay rate is lower than most in my opinion. However, they had work for me when no one else did. They pay on time and direct deposit is great.

Renee'

Renee
Go to Top of Page

.JoyS
Inactive

Lakewood, CO
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  6:16:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for 9 years. Started as an auditor and ended up a middle manager. I might consider IC status with them in the merchandising division but never again as an employee. If you work for them, you should not get any older, don't have any health challenges or show any form of weakness! They will let you know promptly that you can be replaced and for a lot less money! At that point, there is no memory of the 90 hour weeks you gave them (on salary). There is not a lot of loyalty in this company and a lot of insecurity amongst the employees! Probably, very much warranted! Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

.IFHernandez
Inactive

San Antonio, TX
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  11:44:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They called me about an opening in my area today.
Does anyone have any recent experience w/WIS? Thanks,

Irene
Go to Top of Page

FNeve

Phoenix, AZ
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  10:20:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for this company,(one of several). Regular work, on time pay. Pay is comparable to other companies. The biggest problem is figuring out there time sheet.

Fran
Go to Top of Page

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  10:49:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not work for them but interviewed for work in the Mesa, Az area. Pay was very LOW for training and not great once trained. They did have pay levels depending on your output. I didn't want minimum wage while being trained for 32 hours. Most jobs I now take are in the $12 above range and most above my low. They called me a couple times to start training because they wanted me to train new hires once I had a good feel for the work. I have a lot of training background. I elected to not go to work for them because of the low pay. In addition the work is very early or very late in many instances, so realize that prior to working for them.

HJH
Go to Top of Page

SusanGA

Thomson, GA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  06:58:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them briefly a few years ago doing POP replacement for a major cig co. I didn't have a problem w/them but with their client, who treated me like a slave, talked to me like I was 2 years old and humiliated me in a crowd of their people after I busted my fanny for them in the cold & rain. I am an IC and choose to be so that I can, for the most part, arrange my own schedule. WIS was understanding and sympathetic when I told them their client could go pound sand and that I was not going to be treated like that. The pay was NOT worth the aggravation.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  08:44:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback? I did the first part of my training on Monday. All the testing. Now I will be doing store training Thursday or Friday.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Jami Holland
Apprentice

Lake Charles, LA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  2:59:06 PM  Send Jami Holland an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I currently work for this company and have been with them for over a year. They may not pay top notch but they are always on time,and they have direct deposit.
It has been slow in our area for the past few months. But when the work is available they will give it to you.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  07:10:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that. I am really excited about this company. I cant wait to get my regular schedule. Are you part-time also?

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Jami Holland
Apprentice

Lake Charles, LA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  11:53:38 AM  Send Jami Holland an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I work part-time. It is a little slow here for now. They are a good company to work with though. When it gets busy you will have more work than you can handle. They alow overtime when there is alot of work going on.
I work with two other merchandising companies also.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  10:22:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did some training today. So far so good.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  6:05:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone working on the autozone audits coming up?

Tina
Go to Top of Page

RobF
Apprentice

CT
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  12:02:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did that for WIS last year, was pretty easy to do other than one high crime store that (understandably) thoroughly checked me out. I liked working for WIS, but last fall/winter there was practically no work for me and I got a job offer elsewhere with the condition I start the next day. Probably lucky considering the gas jump.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  10:43:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired in April by them, had interview and everything. Did training online. Then I get asked to do training 50 miles from my home, for RJ Reynolds, which I was told I didn't need because I have been a tobacco store manager. Next thing I know, I get an e-mail from the company saying sorry to see you leave. I was put off for 3 months from my hire date and then this. They claim not to have work, just waiting for things to start up. Good luck, they had my hopes up and then had no work.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  8:42:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had a few jobs each month with WIS. This month we have a huge project going in some Banks. I go tmy manual today and it is 88 pages long. But it doesnt sound hard. Anyone else take some of these. From the looks of thinks it picking up. I did a couple cigarette jobs, then autozone audits, then some pharmacy audits in target, another cig. job, and now this huge job. So I am pleased. The pay is GREAT>

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  10:07:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also signed up for the bank job coming up. Cant wait, I just started with them. Boss is so nice and she gets right back to you when you email her so that is awesome!!

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  11:55:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This job does not look fun. Did they tell you how much they will reimburse for printing them manual?

Tina
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  1:36:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That sounds like my schedule. I have 3 a day, all over the place, would rather do 4 or 5 a day and get them complete. Also they have everything in the manual by minutes. 7 min. to introduce yourself, 3 minutes to open your boxes and so on. Its really stupid. Have the conference call tonight. The online manual says 100 minutes, the email says capped at 90 but we should finish in 60 min. And the pay is on the lower scale with the drivetime only minimum wage. I would have never took these if I new it was like this. I loved the auto zone audits, kmarts, target audits etc, but this job is going to take all my time and be a total pain.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  4:41:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is hiring in my area for the cigarette projects. I'm curious if people are happy with this project, working for this company, and how the pay is. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums