Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: WIS International (WIS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MaddieHarrison

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  09:25:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to say that I am think it is great the WIS is donating it pet food we have picked up and will be picking up. Most jobs I have worked ask us to destroy product etc, but the latest pet food pick up they are asking us to take to the nearest animal shelter. We are picking up pet food for a company that is changing the labels and want all the old ones pulled. We are buying the old ones back and getting to donate. Just had to share this. Now for the bad WIS notice. I just seen where they are dropping our mileage because gas prices have dropped. Well they need to double check that. They may have dropped a few cents but that is nothing compared to the increase we have had in gas over the past year. Dropping our mileage is going to really make some people upset "including me".

Maddie
Go to Top of Page

Barbara26
Apprentice

Bruce, MS
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  08:34:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with WIS now for about 9 months and i love working for them. I do the Cig fixtures and resets most of the time but i also was in on the banks. I really enjoy the work being in different places and meeting different people all the time. Pay is on time and direct deposit.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  05:58:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
any recent feedback? I noticed that they have an ad on NARMS for my area.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  3:58:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired by them Tuesday. I took my certification tests Wednesday and I start my stores on the 13th. They actually got a new contract that crossmark use to have and I did resets in that store when I worked for Crossmark.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  3:59:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
congrats.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jack Little

North Hollywood, Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  08:23:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Currently WIS is doing short resets in gas and go stores. One month its one product type, the next an other. They have other clients too.

Jack Little
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  08:18:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With the Speedway resets they are doing the same thing that Crossmark did. They give me stores one day and I would do a pre-call and then the next day the store is taken off of my page.

Maybe with other projects this is a good company to work for but with the Speedway projects it isn't. They have 5 conference calls for the meat snack reset and all they do is say the same thing over and over again nothing new. My phone bill is huge.

When I first starting working there I had trouble figuring out how to put my hours in. Everytime I would put my hours in and then click on send to IVR there would be an error. I called my team lead We were on that phone for an hour and he could not figure it out. So I called the helpline ( it is what you are suppose to call if you are having problems with your webpage) they could not figure out what the problem was. So finally I just played with it a few times and finally I figured it out.

The person they put in charge of the Speedway project he could not figure out how to send an email with an attachment. It took him 5 times before it worked.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  11:45:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was involved with the meat reset, also. It is a lot of steps for very little pay. As the last lady mentioned they have mandatory meetings, but they ramble on about the same thing. Their IVR system is confusing. You can find other work for better pay and far less steps.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  12:29:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WIS reporting system is the hardest out there. You spend more time on the reports than on the job.
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  06:55:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
in fairness I will state that most the time the pay is very well and always paid in a timely manner but some of their special project really are low paying when you factor in all the expense and your time.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Linda3456

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  09:13:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any one doing the new tobacco project for this company? Any new info on this company. I was called about this job given one price per hour then 10 minutes later it was lowered. any info or comments
Go to Top of Page

J. Karen Spears
Apprentice

Pikeville, KY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  07:37:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for this company for the past six months. It does not pay as much per hour as I would desire, but it pays drive time and mileage. I do not find the IVR System complicated at all. I have the most regular work of any company I have worked for. I was paid an hourly wage for my computerized training. My Team Leader is the best I have ever had in all my 10 years in the business. He is always available and has always been able to answer my questions.

J. Karen Spears - Star Merch in the Mountains since 2000
MSPA Gold Certified 2004
Video Shopper Certified 2010
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  10:30:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any current news on this company as far as how long you have worked for them and if you like the company? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  02:22:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not seen the cigarette projects but did hear about them. Started in November with only a couple inventory sites to do then. Near back to back days now with it being end of year for a lot of companies. Only complaint would be waiting to finalize an inventoried store, people NOT being on time to leave and people just not showing up for work. Otherwise, it can't get any easier than this.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  2:11:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm still working for them and so far about the same as I said before. I saw a real decent check a couple weeks ago almost 80 hours and some OT too. It's up and down on the hours and the scheduling times (3 AM or & 7 PM). I hope I can move closer to my local office to be available for more opportunities.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  10:46:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info/experiences with this cmopany?

Thinking about applying for a position them.
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  1:44:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm no longer there as I could not see it get any better long term for financial and personal reasons. I did give it days to within being there a year but since I did not want to work in a certain area, my commute to the next nearest office was more than my paycheck at times. Good luck is all I can say. If you have questions, I'll answer what I can.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  1:55:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DTMiller

...my commute to the next nearest office was more than my paycheck at times. Good luck is all I can say. If you have questions, I'll answer what I can.

Thanks for your response. I do have questions if you wouldn't mind answering...

Office? You had to show up at an office? I thought these were field merchandising/data collection positions.

Was the pay less than $9/hr?
Do they still pay drive time and mileage?

Also, how far did they expect you to travel? What radius from your home did you territory cover?
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  6:13:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Office? You had to show up at an office? I thought these were field merchandising/data collection positions.

WIS is an Inventory company. You go out and perform physical data collection - http://www.wisintl.com/v2. You do meet at an office IF you are not willing to drive AND/OR some jobs are over X amount of miles to get to. They herd you in a white van and all of you ride to the destination to get the assignment done.

Was the pay less than $9/hr? The pay is $8.50 in my state of MD

Do they still pay drive time and mileage? No they do not pay "drive time and/or milage" if you drive your own vehicle. They do pay drive time IF the van ride is over 1 hour. It is at the state minimum wage, not the hourly rate.

Also, how far did they expect you to travel? You drive your own car, you are on your own no matter how far you decide to drive

What radius from your home did you territory cover? Nit sure I understand this question.

It seems like in my area it is less than 50 mile radius because they have the same position open in a town less than 50 miles west of me and in another town less than 50 miles east of me. It seems a lot of merch companies keep territories under a 40 mile radius and hours under 30/week to avoid offering benefits but also to eliminate or seriously reduce payment of drive time and mileage.

This company has a revolving door on employees, at least in the location I was working out of. They need people and do not really care how far you want to to drive to get to them to work. There is no extra compensation or recognition for it.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  6:41:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DT Miller: WIS is also a merchandising co.
Larry:
I worked for them from 2000- 2006. At that time they did pay mileage and travel time,I believe it was the first stop after you left your home to the last stop of the day. and I was getting $10 an hour.
I quit as the only thing that had had in my area was working with one of the cig. companies and it got to where I was getting more work from my other jobs that were closer to home, as I was travelling 100 + miles a day, as i live in a rural area, and in the winter it was just too much. They were a good company to work for.
The only time I had to go to an office of theirs was for training.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums