Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: WIS International (WIS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  12:05:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue - thank you for that info as my area was not a merchandising location. It must be sensitive to states or even cities. When I inquired about it they told me either they didn't know anything about it or they did ciggy jobs a few years ago.

My main position with them was inventory which what the company presented and hired me for. This just got Food Lion back and they tell me some of those can be overnight stays. I did not like grocery store inventories so I am glad I left before that started. I guess depending on the area, they inventory a lot coming up early in the year. My interview was the very next day after I applied. They were and still are desperate for people to work for them. It's a high turnover job through out the company people have said from across the states as well as up the chain of command.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  12:14:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue is right, they do merchandising, recalls, etc., just a different division. I worked for them for several years, then I got a speeding ticket, and they would not let me work anymore. It did not matter that it was the first speeding ticket that I had ever had and that was this year. The pay was above most company's, I was being paid $12. per hour, drive time and mileage and payment was like clock work.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  12:14:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yup. Inventory jobs are always high turnover no matter what company it is and whether or not they are a good or bad company. It's an undesireable job no one wants to do, pressure is high, pay is below average and most people just take them either because they don't know or just for income until they can get something else.
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  5:25:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maralyn

Sue is right, they do merchandising, recalls, etc., just a different division. I worked for them for several years, then I got a speeding ticket, and they would not let me work anymore. It did not matter that it was the first speeding ticket that I had ever had and that was this year. The pay was above most company's, I was being paid $12. per hour, drive time and mileage and payment was like clock work.

Really interesting to read as I worked with people who had been there over X amount of years. None of them mentioned merchandising or anything else other than inventory. And yes, some of their clients had "ugggh" when we walked in. Didn't like that at all either.
Go to Top of Page

MichelleHende
Apprentice

Hanceville, Alabama
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  3:33:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied for a position with WIS International as a Traveling Inventory Associate. Does anyone know what this pays per hour or any other information about the working conditions? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Terri Kilcrease
Apprentice

Knoxville, TN
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  5:02:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for some updated information on WIS International for a Merchandising Representative. I received an email to schedule an interview. Are Merchandising Rep's part-time or full-time ? Are you assigned a certain territory ? What is the mileage range of the territory ?
I would appreciate any updated information for 2012-2013 !
Thanks for you time.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Joe C
Trainee

Sarasota, FL
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  5:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terri Kilcrease

I'm looking for some updated information on WIS International for a Merchandising Representative. I received an email to schedule an interview. Are Merchandising Rep's part-time or full-time ? Are you assigned a certain territory ? What is the mileage range of the territory ?
I would appreciate any updated information for 2012-2013 !
Thanks for you time.

Run, don't walk away from this company.

All reps are part time, but you are expected to drop everything for them. Drive time is paid at minimum wage after the first hour or 40 miles to/from home and between calls. Mileage is based on gas prices, currently 32 cents a mile (once again, after the first 40 one way or between calls.)

It may depend on what part of the country but several of us are driving 200 miles one way to do jobs.

Management definitely deflects the blame to those that report to them. I keep hearing that it will get better, but I am not going to give it much more time. This is the lowest paying company that I deal with, along with the most drama.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  10:14:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Back in 2008 I was hired by them and was told my assigned territory would be 20 miles. I did my online training and they kept putting off my in store training. Finely to make things easier for "them" they wanted me to train 60 miles away. I told them no I was promised I'd never be asked to travel so far. They said they'd get back to me on training in my area. Well I never heard from them again.
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  6:06:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
(Run, don't walk away from this company)

I'm with Joe on this one.

I worked for them last year. Got thown under the bus by my DM on the second job I worked for them. Poor communication from her end when she failed to inform me the date for the job had changed.

Didn't have the nerve to contact me and tell me she fired me. Just dropped me from the system. I contacted HR and filed a report on her and never heard back from anyone.

Put roller skates on and fly in the other direction!!!!!

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  09:00:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is WIS even around anymore?

One of my neighbors used to be a DM for WIS. But he moved away last year. He always used to complain lol...

Just have not seen anyone from WIS around for over a year.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  09:18:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have been posting jobs on SimplyHired, or one of those site. Make sure you read the post above you. The people on here give pretty accurate information. I have worked for some of these companies and I am in agreement a lot of the time. Unless you like working very part time, there are only a few really good companies that are to be dedicated to in the merchandising world, unless you work for your local retailer. Some of those are not so good either...

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  3:12:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My old neighbor used to be gone for days at a time. He also used to put alot of work related items into his truck. Maybe he was a Manager?

If I can recall he was saying he did counts like RGIS does. But I cannot really recall it has been at least five years.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  3:38:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I worked for them back in the early 2000's, we did a lot of work
for RJ Reynolds & Phillip Morris, of placing pop,irc's,fixing lights and replacing light bulbs and at times light fixtures in the displays and resets.
The stuff that their own reps. didn't want to do I guess.
It was at c-stores and mom & pop stores, and small grocery stores.
Back then they paid mileage,travel time and a double digit figure,also paid an allowence for transporting the pop and light bulbs, fixtures.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2017 :  06:43:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a really weird experience with this company. They sent me an email asking if I was interested in work. I decided to go to the "training session" at CareerLink just for information purposes before I decided what I wanted to do. I picked an appointment time and was ready to go when within about an hour of the time I got a call from the training supervisor. He cancelled the training for everybody because he got bit in the toe by a spider?. He kept going on and on about his toes being 3x as big as they usually are. I told him I was sorry and would the session be rescheduled. He said he would email me within the next couple days with a schedule for August. That's been over a month ago and never heard anything since. Probably a blessing now that I think of it..LOL.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  5:35:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You sure his toe got bit? Maybe a bit higher?
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  3:53:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is toe what they call it now a days? The last couple months have been a real hoot with job interviews and such. Clearly some of these places have no idea which way the parade is going. Either the recruiter tries to give me a job 150 miles from home (after I have applied for a specific area) or I hear once from them and then they disappear.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums