Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Support Area
 News/Questions about Volition.com & These Forums
 Do you REALLY NEED to keep the old posts?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  10:49:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
from 2003 and before on this forum? Seems like a waste of bandwith.

Noel

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  12:58:18 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would only use bandwidth if someone was reading them and if someone was reading them it means they are useful.
Go to Top of Page

TBennis
Star Contributor

WI
USA
639 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  10:31:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like reading older posts. It also makes it so we don't have to have the same topic posted and talked about twice. We can add ideas on it instead of start over.

Tiffany
Go to Top of Page

Mary H
Valued Contributor

Milwaukee, WI
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  5:03:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've actually went back to some really old posts like 2005/2006 and some of those samples are still available. I have used them again and have received samples that I have gotten lately so it doesn't hurt to try it again if that link is still available you may be able to get another sample of something you liked before. Just a thought...
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  7:14:38 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they are very important. When a new or old shopper runs across a situation with a company, they can check to see if this is the status quo for that company or if it is out of sorts for them. It saves a lot of us from getting raked over the coals by companies and schedulers who do not have the best ethics.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  6:32:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I would suggest is to delete old entries under "such-and-such co has posted shops in [state]" because it is a waste of time to open all of these up only to see that the available shops were open three or four years ago.

Yes, I know that one can click on "Active Topics" -- however, that ONLY works until you've posted a reply somewhere. Once you've done that, this function resets itself.

This very judicious "pruning" (leaving the web-site information always intact) would cut down on some of the band-width without deleting anything useful.
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  9:38:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that after reading several other forums, I REALLY appreciate how 'clean' and spam free you have kept this one, Ray. By clean, I mean most threads are on topic and there is usually only one thread per topic. So many times at other sites you find garbag and have to sort through it. I know some people get annoyed when you move or delete their post, or ask why they should read such old information, but most of the time it still applies. Thanks!

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  06:46:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am the first to admit I am not the most internet savy. I don't understand. Why is "wasting bandwidth" an issue? It's not like wasting fresh water or clean air, is it?

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  08:53:34 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanne - the only thing that would be wasted if the topics were of no value would be the space on my computer's database, which is pretty full.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  11:46:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope it doesn't fill up any time soon! I would hate to lose the old topics. I have been known to spend my insomniac nights reading through some very interesting info on this site.

Not only do we have shoppers who offer great tips to newbies (and not so newbies), but the random thoughts area can be a lot of fun.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums