Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  10:02:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any idea which company is doing demos at Wal Marts for Sunflower, I remember I had been told it was National Marketing ????
The demonstrators have a blue debit card that they also may use as a name tag with a sunflower at top corner...

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  10:34:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary not sure about in CA, but here in the South I believe NCIM/In-Store Marketing does them.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  11:31:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm working for NCiM and we only have demos at two Food 4 Less, we haven't had demos at Wal Mart or Sunflower demos with them.

They have been having a lot of work for these two locations... 2-3 demos per week at each store at times....

It's a different company and they wear a name badge (if the have it on) blue debit card with the sunflower at the corner it also had their name on them.

Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  11:35:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Campaigners who is apart of MarketWide Advantage has openings for demostrators for the Walmart-Live demonstrating program. I think this is the company that took over Sunflower. Make sure that when you fill out the application on Campaigners that you let them know your are avialable weekends.

Hopes this helps.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  01:01:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, around here in Port Clinton,Ohio, NCIM has Sunflower demos, 20 minutes away in Sandusky, Ohio, Demos Express has the Sunflower demos, and then in Fremont, 30 minutes away, once again it is NCIM. Yes, they are in the Walmart stores.

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  04:10:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted by Sunflower themselves. Columbus, Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  04:49:18 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sunflower is its own company. I interviewed with them directly here in VT.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  4:15:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm an Sunflower Group Auditor, meaning I go around to all the different stores and check on the EPs, take photos, etc. And in this area most demos are staff by Quality Marketing, at least right now. It seems to change every so often. We had a few from A-Plus and Merchandising Team. What I would suggest is sign up with as many demo companies as possible, including Sunflower.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  02:29:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all, you sure made it interesting.

I did believe NCiM scheduled for Wal Marts, they just haven't been at my area. So you guys are very lucky there for many reasons....

Campaigners did start having demos at our Wal Marts and hired quite a few people but a very few were scheduled...now I don't know what happen.....since May 1st.

I didn't find any link for A-Plus or In-Store Marketing I haven't yet tried google search.

Is there another Sunflower?

Sunflower Sales Pros
10561 Barkley, Suite 480
Overland Park , KS 66212
800-288-5085 p 913-307-8389 f
ashley.bush@sunflowersalespros.com
Ashley Bush, Recruitment Coordinator

Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  1:29:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryRod

Thanks to all, you sure made it interesting.

I did believe NCiM scheduled for Wal Marts, they just haven't been at my area. So you guys are very lucky there for many reasons....

Campaigners did start having demos at our Wal Marts and hired quite a few people but a very few were scheduled...now I don't know what happen.....since May 1st.

I didn't find any link for A-Plus or In-Store Marketing I haven't yet tried google search.

Is there another Sunflower?

Sunflower Sales Pros
10561 Barkley, Suite 480
Overland Park , KS 66212
800-288-5085 p 913-307-8389 f
ashley.bush@sunflowersalespros.com
Ashley Bush, Recruitment Coordinator

Mary

That is the correct one! They actually don't hire EP (demonstrators) but rather they hire the demo companies to do the demos. Which is where my job comes in. I check to see if the demo is being done and if not then it goes to Sunflower who takes it to the agency.

So again the best bet is to sign up for as many demo companies as possible. A-Plus and the Merchandising Team are in Minneapolis. I have no idea if they are nationwide. You can even look in your local phone book - that's how I got started before you even heard about the web.
Hint - I personally would not take a work from Nicolas and Assocates as I use to scheduler for them and they are .... ah.... let's just say not nice to their EP's.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  01:39:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, I printed out the demonstration companies from narms list and called all the toll free numbers when I got started.

I'm interested in applying with the ones that DO have work in my area, I have a list already since the demonstrators here communicate with each other and most of us work with some of the same companies already.

A few are also with companies that have just a few assignments: Main Events, Total Access, Midwest, Campaigners, Encore Nationwide, Mosiac, SPI

Quite a few of us are with NCiM & 5-Star Demonstrations, this company has the most assignments on the same day...up to 2-3 of us at one store, even more for special events.

I have received one call back (message) from Gourmet Demos, but when I call their office it only takes messages.
Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Dedi

Plano, TX
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  02:15:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryRod

Any idea which company is doing demos at Wal Marts for Sunflower, I remember I had been told it was National Marketing ????
The demonstrators have a blue debit card that they also may use as a name tag with a sunflower at top corner...

Sunflower Group is the parent company and they contract out their demonstrations to different companies. I know that Sunflower just got all Targets effective Oct 1, 2008 and in the Dallas Metroplex they are using a company called Demo Express. I was given a number for any demo personnel from Mass Connections that wanted to call and sign up with them 913-890-0900. But they do not have an online scheduling program. Someone calls you when they have jobs available and they try to schedule you out for a month. Their pay is $20 less than Mass Connections for Targets. The girl I talked to said she was getting paid $50 and MC pays $70. Sunflower & Demo Express also do Wal-Mart's along with Mass Connections and one other company. No one seems to pay as well as MC though.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  8:21:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Dedi, you are right - we got Target!! Which has worked out wonderful for me - being that Target is based here in the Twin Cities.

So if any of you end up doing Target demos in MN, I'll be seeing you! I have to visit all 25 Super Targets each quarter.

Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  7:49:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh, how things change. NCIM does not have the Sunflower events here in Port Clinton either. It is Demos Express in all of these areas for the time being until what is going to be happening in January happens - at the Walmart stores. Just thought I would share. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

ArtemisPub
Contributor

West Palm Beach, FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  03:24:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of my agencies told me that Wal-Mart is going to stop hosting cooking events, no explanation why. I suspect it may have something to do with safe food handling requirements, hazardous conditions, etc. All EPs will be expected to possess a safe food handling certificate which the agencies process.

DemoExpress has acquired the Sunflower/Target business in my area of South Florida. Although MC pays more, EPs have to swipe in and out and enter a time-consuming online report. Not so w/DemoExpress and you're an IC, not an employee. There have been some injuries with the Target demo carts, so they have a question re the cart's condition on their report form. Moreover, Target has cleaned up its act, literally, in the back behind the Deli and Bakery areas and in the Demo Captain's area.

In my area, there's only a $5 difference in pay between MC and DemoExpress, but a lot less time and work.

Artemis Smith
Go to Top of Page

NancyJtn
Trainee

TN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  09:40:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've work demos for People Plus/Sunflower in wal-marts. . I'm also wondering if I will be able to continue. They have been a super great company to work for and I've never had any problems at all. My coordinator is a super person.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  08:55:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed with NCIM Merchandising and going to their introduction to the company Mon. (tomorrow) morning, it's held at coffee bean here in my town. I only did one merchandising job at Whole Foods last year, and want to get into it again. The pay is not great, and it is 6 hrs. Thoughts.....

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  4:45:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Irene, are you doing a demo? Or are they just a merchandising company? I'm not familar with them - but I am an auditor for Sunflower - so I know a little bit about demos!
Go to Top of Page

Alex17
Trainee

Riverside, CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  3:27:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen any new events for Sunflower/ DemoExpress? The demo I was scheduled for a few weeks ago was cancelled, and I've had no luck getting a new assignment.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  5:01:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What demo company were you working with?
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  4:29:53 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
The Sunflower Group recently posted an Open House notice on NARMS -
Company: The Sunflower Group
Hours: Part time /weekends - 5 hour events
Start Date: Sun Feb 21, 2010
Pay Range: DOE
Description:
Sunflower Staffing, a national staffing agency is seeking Event Facilitators to work as Independent Contractors in your area.

The open house is Thursday morning & I was able to reserve a space. The reply email said to bring my resume & come prepared to interview. If contracted, there's a 4hr paid orientation same day.

Any idea what to expect at the open house?
Any recent input for this company?
Thx!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums