Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (1)
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 101

Carl25782
Contributor

The Woodlands, Texas
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  5:15:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter is shopping now

Anybody like the new changes to the food options?
Love the new options for the shops. Anytime you have less out of pocket expenses, it is a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  8:10:32 PM
I don't like the new option because it down sized; the silver lining is I consume less calories.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  06:27:32 AM
I so agree that consuming less calories (smaller meals) is a good thing with the new requirements. Once upon a time I had restraint to just take a bite or two. Lately, I find myself overeating regularly. So, having one meal smaller leads to me eating that meal and just tasting the larger one, then saving it for husband - oh wait - he doesn't need those calories either L0L!!

I've been very pleased with Market Force, both policies and schedulers. Most recently they sent a nice little birthday greeting, which I find classy and encouraging. I know it's just automated, but still it feels good for the company to recognize you on a special day.

MSPA Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  08:21:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Aimee G

Over a week ago, I accepted a restaurant shop which is supposed to be done this coming Saturday. A few days after I assigned myself the shop, my adult son comes over and announces he just got a job... at the same restaurant... and he started today!

I emailed the help desk to see if this disqualified me from the shop and of course, since he started before the shop was scheduled, it did disqualify me and I was told to cancel the shop. The problem is, when I cancelled the shop, there was a list of reasons, one of which was that I'm not qualified, so I checked that one. But there is nowhere to explain in the cancellation that I WAS qualified when I originally accepted the shop. The help desk knows this... but I'm concerned that the cancellation for not being qualified will make it look as though I either didn't read carefully or wasn't honest when I signed up for the shop. Does anyone know if they count this kind of thing against you? I have never canceled a shop before. Thanks!

My red emphasis above takes what Aimee said out of context, but my point is that I have found over the years that their Help Desk often doesn't.

Of the many times I have contacted them, I'd say they were beneficial maybe twice -- after more than one email. 1st - They have no continuity of help. They seem to randomly answer email, so what I started with one person gets continued by another who doesn't know what preceded and apparently doesn't bother to read the email history.

2nd - Their "screening" questions so often have a glitch that they eliminate me for no reason. It's so frustrating, especially when they are bonused shops. When I have pointed out to them that I answered all of the questions correctly (and I have done enough of these shops to be certain of that), I let them know in an FYI way. I tell them that I know they will not let me re-answer but their computer has a glitch and they should check into it so other shoppers don't get rejected like I did. They send back an email telling me how I need to be careful of the answers I check, tabbing and scrolling can change the answer, blah, blah, blah.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  08:27:44 AM
quote:
Love the new options for the shops. Anytime you have less out of pocket expenses, it is a good thing.
I have not done these in a while, due in some part to my post above.

What are the new options?

They have lowered the reimbursement so you can't get a big size?

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

EricFL

Middleburg, FL
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  10:54:37 AM
ShopperDee,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am going thru an issue now with the helpdesk and have sent 12 emails back and forth over 2 days and now 3 different people are responding, asking me questions I answered 4 emails ago to another helpdesk staff. :(

The requirements have changed so that you must order specific "dollar menu" type items for one shop (sizes are small), and a medium value type meal for the other shop.
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  07:08:47 AM
Thanks, EricFL. That does decrease the (already low) value of the shop.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
930 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  07:21:36 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message
I haven't done one in a (very long) while but here in NYC lots of CLIENT NAME have all but eliminated their dollar menus.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Megan Siegel
Trainee

Boulder, CO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  07:56:36 AM  Visit Megan Siegel's Homepage
Good Morning Everyone,
Market Force Information is doing two different Bonus Programs for the holidays. Details are in our emails, make sure you read them. If you have any questions, you can email me.
Thanks,
Megan

Megan Siegel
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  08:06:11 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CorrieS

I haven't done one in a (very long) while but here in NYC lots of them have all but eliminated their dollar menus.

To clarify, the purchase requirements do not state "Dollar Menu" items.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  07:00:19 AM
I love this company! I have always had the email answered the same day which is more than alot of companies offer. Also some rates are now down lower than before but I get emails as a prefered shopper and get a bonus for some. I still can count on a direct deposit each month and shops are places I go to on a regular basis. I did misread a question once on the qualifing part and was excluded for that month. My mistake not theirs. With tight times, I am greatful for any extra coming in.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

RosemarieSoCal

CA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  08:21:29 AM
Bambi,

How long did it take you to become a "preferred shopper". I haven't had the same luck with emails. I've found that I receive a form reply or a not so helpful response if any.

Thanks,

Rosemarie

Rosemarie
Shopping Southern California
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  09:32:11 AM
Not sure when I became a prefered. Just get emails saying that because I have done certain ones that I am being offered a bonus if I accept within 22 hours of receiving the email. I have done alot of shops for this company. It was one of the first ones I signed up with. I have turned down a few shops when they call me if I am booked up but for the most part I accept shops when called. Schedulers have always been nothing but friendly and helpful with this company.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

Hunter is shopping now
Contributor

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  4:16:42 PM
But the FF shops used to let you order two medium value meals.

Now you are only allow to order ONE medium value meal & you have to order one main sandwich with a small fry & small drink for the same fee that it used to be for both medium meals.

That's a steal for this company. This company makes millions of dollars and is in over 120 countries..

I would love to see an increase in the shopper fee. I think $7.50 is too low.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
930 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  4:35:28 PM
Getting those emails means you are preferred? I just thought it was because I had did that location in the past and since no one was picking it up they were offering me a little extra before putting the extra on the job board, since I had done it in the past. If that is the case, then nice to know I am a preferred shopper too .

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LyndaShops
Contributor

hutto, TX
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  5:40:13 PM
Guess I am preferred also. I am offered the out of way locations which I have done one time before. A small bonus is usually attached and I have so many hours to reply.
Do not call that being a preferred shopper.]

lyndashops
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  11:18:02 AM
Ok so maybe I am not a preferred shopper! Geez. I also got a congradulatory email when I had completed and very large number of shops from them that said I was considered a top shopper. Lets all jump on silly ole me for thinking I was special.(NOT) The locations that I am offered bonus money on happen to be very close to my home so it is not an out of the way hard to cover shop.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

LyndaShops
Contributor

hutto, TX
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  11:49:26 AM
I really do not think we were "jumping" on you. We were just trying to clear up what was being said. Alot of shoppers were wondering how they could become a "preferred" shopper.
Some of the hard to cover shops are very close to me also. Makes it easier to take some of them. Not many shoppers near by these locations.
I, too, have gotten the letter saying I am a top shopper. A thanks from a mystery shopping company is always appreciated.

lyndashops
Go to Top of Page

Megan Siegel
Trainee

Boulder, CO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  3:31:33 PM  Visit Megan Siegel's Homepage
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Market Force Information is giving away 3 iPod nano's, 3 iPod Shuffle's, 2 iPod Touches, $500 and 10 winners will win $50. For more details, make sure you read your emails.
Thanks,
Megan

Megan Siegel
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Margrit
Contributor

Panama City, Florida
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  6:24:04 PM
Funny on jobs. I only get the drive-in shops with the crazy guys and hubby gets the dollar menu shops. I wouldn't mind doing one of those dollar menu shops, a change of pace.

Silver Certified #ehwhod
Shopping the Florida Panhandle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 101 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums