Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Chris_in_CO
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  6:10:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody worked for this company? I don't see them on Volition.com's MS Companies list.

MSPA GOLD Certified

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  07:49:03 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just looked thru their website and they only do Video Taped Mystery Shopping in Massachusetts.

See:
http://www.icuassociates.com/services/msservices.html
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  10:36:07 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got this letter as a reply to a note I sent on 11/26 stating that their website is confusing.

Ray,
    I just want let you know ICU ASSOCIATES, INC. in not a video taped mystery
    shopping firm for Massachusetts only. We are a FULL SEVICE Mystery Shopping
    Firm nationally. We provide video mystery shops for clients in Massachusetts
    only because we are a licensed PI firm in that state. Most other state that
    you video tape people without them knowing can be illegal without a licence.
    Please do not discourage shoppers from signing up to my company. We run a
    legitimate Biz here. I am not a member of any mystery shopping association
    because I do not see the benefits. We are an approved online Better Business
    Bureau member. Check into it yourself or I would happily provide the link
    for you. It bad enough you won't list my company on your web site. All I
    need is for false info to be out there. I am trying to get as many shoppers
    as I possibly can as we recently have gone national. I have spent thousands
    and thousands on overture, google ect trying to get shoppers. PLEASE do not
    assume things if you have any questions I welcome you to call me personally
    anytime.

Kevin Barry
    President
    ICU ASSOCIATES, INC.

I never discouraged shoppers from signing up. I merely stated what I read on their site.

They are not listed in our guide because no one has ever asked us to and the fact that it took 30+ days to reply is not encouraging.
Go to Top of Page

JGallica
Star Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
373 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  10:26:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody recieved an email or worked for this company recently? I just got an email that said my application was accepted, but I don't remember signing up.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping North Vancouver to White Rock
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  10:46:44 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
In the application, there is a spot to enter your email address as this company uses Prophet. If you have applied to another Prophet company, your information is probably in the system.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

JGallica
Star Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
373 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  2:16:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied to several companies that use Prophet and I even remember applying once and allowing my information to be shared, so that is probably it. Although it is possible that I could have applied and not written it down and forgotten that I applied.

Has anyone worked for them? What do you think?

Thanks,
Jen

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping North Vancouver to White Rock
Go to Top of Page

.KenInSac
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  10:21:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen,

I just received the same email (a week after you!). I definitely did not sign up with ICU in the past. But I did enter my information in the Prophet database site, where it is shared with all Prophet-based companies. That is definitely how ICU contacted me.

I haven't decided whether or not to join them. So many companies, so little time.

Ken

Ken
MSPA Gold Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Lizzy
Valued Contributor

MA
USA
194 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  10:45:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped many locations for ICU Associates in the past months. Kevin is extremely easy and a pleasure to work for. He is ALWAYS only a phone call or email away. Payments are quick and the reports are simple.

I would be happy to answer any questions from anyone who is hesitating to accept the shops he is offering. You are welcome to email me directly.

ICU is A+++ in my book! Kudos Kevin for going National!!!

Just my
Go to Top of Page

SuziAp
Trainee

TN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  2:36:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I have been shopping for almost 3 years now, and I read this forum alot! Thanks for all the great advice too by the way! I received an Email also from this company and I went ahead and "attempted" to fax my stuff in and it said the number was no longer in service. This was the fax number. Made me just a little leery.
Suziap in Hendersonville Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Barry
Trainee

Rockland, MA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  3:36:49 PM  Visit Kevin Barry's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am Kevin Barry the owner of ICU Associates Inc. Thank you Lizzy for your very kind words.
I would also like to thank everyone who has sent us forms in today. I just saw the last post and wanted to let everyone know that we are being overwhelmed with faxes today an average of 200 per hour. If you are having difficulty sending the fax you may want to wait until Saturday or late tonight. Our 4 fax machines have not stopped for one second today. I would like to personally thank every person that has submitted their forms today. Please hang in, if you can not get through right now try a little bit later.
Thanks again for the great responses of such quality shoppers.
I am looking forward to working with everyone joining our shopping team.

I have just added one more fax line for Volition members only. It is not a toll free number but you will have a good chance of getting your fax through.

The number is 508-947-1393

Sincerely,
Kevin Barry

Kevin Barry
ICU Associates, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

ScottB
Contributor

McKinleyville, CA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  4:23:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats curious - their fax number worked fine for me this afternoon. I used their toll-free number (866-220-7575).

MSPA Gold Certified Shopping Humboldt County, CA
Go to Top of Page

DonCoffin
Contributor

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  4:55:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Frankly, I didn't care for the tone of the letter Kevin Barry sent to Ray. If that is the way he chooses to deal with Ray, how do you think he will deal with us!

Don
Go to Top of Page

KathyND
Contributor

Whitehall, Montana
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  6:13:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too just got this email today. I can not download the independent contractor agreement, as there is no way to click on it. So, I guess Ill have to let this one pass me by. And I don't see many responses from people who've been posting for along time who have worked for them -just from someone who has posted for the first time. I'll trust my instincts on this one.
Go to Top of Page

Lizzy
Valued Contributor

MA
USA
194 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  6:36:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kathy - I realized when I posted that I may be hard to believe due to the fact I have only posted on this board on this occasion. I have been shopping for about 2 years now and have only been lurking on Volition. I have gained so much by reading other peoples opinions and felt so confident about my past experience with ICU I felt is was my duty to respond. I have never personally met Kevin Barry but all my conversations with him have been positive. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite companies to work for. This is a company I would strongly suggest trying if any shops are in your area.

Due as you will with this information... I am just stating the facts about my personal experience.
Go to Top of Page

Shuree
Star Contributor

Chesterfield, MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  7:31:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My forms downloaded fine and the fax went through with no problems.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  7:50:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a scaredy-cat about opening attachments from folks I don't know so have emailed requesting additional info. Hope to get some as I would love to know more about ICU. Shopped several stores today which needed to send all clerks to the IntensiveCareUnit. For brain transplants. There that is my ugly remark for the weekend. Am punchdrunk from entering reports.

Let's hope they turn out to be a good company, just off to a rocky start with expanding.
Go to Top of Page

MariC
Trainee

Champaign, IL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  10:51:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received the email, but to an old email address. I keep detailed records on every company I've applied to and/or worked for. So I was a little confused too, until I saw it was on Phrophet. And since the password was the default I knew I didn't sign up with them.

But I still downloaded everything and tried to fax and wasn't able to get it through. Just happened to see this posting and will continue to try and fax my application in. There was only one company that ever "got me" and not paid and that was Reaume Service Systems. I've totally given up on them. But my one bad experience doesn't stop me from giving other new companies a chance.

Thanks Lizzy for the posting. One good posting is better than none!!

Gold Certified Shopper serving the Champaign/Urbana area
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen
Valued Contributor

Southeast Michigan
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  07:50:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering if anyone has recieved any feedback from ICU since they faxed their paperwork in.

Kathleen
Merchandising & Shopping Southeast Michigan
MSPA GOLD Certified #adoiuc
Go to Top of Page

Abaantika

Toronto, ON
Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  09:01:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

I got the same mail and have faxed over the agreements, but have not heard back anything from them.

The mail had stated that they had a new client and the project was due to start by the end of March across Canada and U.S.. I sent an e-mail to them to follow-up on the matter, but have not received a reply.

I'm wondering what's up, whether the project has been delayed, and if so, when is it due to start

Maybe the people at ICU can help by responding to these posts.

Hoping for a clarification soon...............

Happy Shopping!!!!!!!!!

Abaantika
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Barry
Trainee

Rockland, MA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  6:40:05 PM  Visit Kevin Barry's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello this is Kevin Barry from ICU Associates. Thank you everyone who has sent in the required paperwork to become a shopper for our company. Over the past couple of weeks we have processed over 15,000 new shopper in the US and Canada. There has been some changes in our clients program of where we are going to start a large project. I will say, shoppers in Canada will be seeing shops by the end of this week and through next week. The USA shoppers will experience a delay. There has been a change in the start date, which as of today is still not finalized.
I appreciate everyones patients in this matter, as I can sense a lot of the anxiety in countless emails inquiring about when the shops are coming. I would actually encourage some Canadian Shoppers to still sign up. I can see some pockets of the Canada where we are a little light in shoppers. If you have received an email from us about updating your profile or sending in missing paperwork, I strongly suggest you do so to be included in our shopping programs. Anyone that has not completed all the required task are simply not considered for any shops.My staff has answered every email that has come in requesting resending of forms,links or had questions. If you have sent in everything and have not heard from us you should be all set. We do have a few shoppers with login issues which we are working on with support. Thanks again and welcome all new shoppers, I am looking forward to working with you. I hope this helps answer some of the questions. FYI in a couple of weeks come check out our new web site which is having a major overhaul.

Sincerely,
Kevin Barry
President
ICU Associates,Inc.

Kevin Barry
ICU Associates, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Laurel

Oregon, Oregon
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  1:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am very happy to shop for ICU, their jobs pay fair, the forms aren't a zillion questions with a zillion departments (like SOME I know :), they are simple straight forward reports. I am glad they have shops in Oregon now! You also get lots of information to help you complete your shops accurately! Thanks ICU
Laurel in Oregon

MSPA Gold Certified
Laurel shopping Eugene/Springfield
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums