Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Aprilina

Los Angeles, CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2004 :  11:57:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just paid for my first round of shops for ICU & Associates. It was via Paypal and was within three weeks of proof submission! There wasn't any feedback, but I hope that more shops are offered in my area soon!

MSPA Gold Certified Shopper driving all over Los Angeles County! I love emergency assignments!
Go to Top of Page

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2004 :  12:23:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also just received my payment via PayPal. I was paid fairly quickly after completing the shop, and I would definitely do more work for this company. Hopefully, there will be more shops available soon.

Jen

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

JLBurg

Boston, MA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  08:11:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been shopping for ICU Associates for a few years now and they are one of the best companies that I have worked for. Kevin is wonderful!!! He is super busy, but always takes the time to talk to me or get back to me as soon as he can. I have never had any problems with any of the reports or getting paid and I shop for them on a monthly basis. In my book they are !

Jennifer
MSPA Gold Certified in 2003
Shopping Boston and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  7:20:53 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bumping this thread - I just did my first shop for this company and was wondering how quicly they pay. The shop form was easy, the pay was good, and the restaurant was fun and delicious

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

JamieH
Contributor

Clackamas, Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  8:28:37 PM  Visit JamieH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied with ICU about a year ago. I have not heard from them about any shops in Oregon.

Jamie H
Shopping Oregon
Go to Top of Page

MaryFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  9:53:19 PM  Send MaryFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed a second shop for them tonight and am so far impressed with the company. So far, they have been a pleasure to work with.

Mary
MSPA Gold Cert# hcxa8g
Experienced traveling video shopper w/equipment. Home base is Orlando, FL.
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  12:21:51 PM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't done any shops for ICU, so have no idea how they are to work for. However, I just noticed on their website that they say they charge a $15 flake fee per shop, regardless of reason.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  6:36:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a job for them in June. It was a straight-forward shop with a simple form. I haven't been paid yet, but I don't usually worry about payments until it has hit the end of the month following a shop. Given my experience so far, I would recommend them.

Maryalene
Gold certified and shopping the Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan areas.
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  07:43:20 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the name and extension number of the person who handles shop payments at this company?

The IC agreement says that payment will take place by no later than the 15th of the month following the job via paypal. I need to follow up on an early June shop.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  07:55:02 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
bumping this up - leaving a voice mail in the general mailbox has not provoked a response. I would appreciate any help.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  09:18:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have an answer Lynn, but I am waiting on payment for my June shop as well.

Maryalene
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  09:58:39 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no response from this company at all. Hoping to find my payment in Paypal in the next ten days - then they may be within the industry norm for payment, but they will be one month later than their ICA promises.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

MaryFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  9:16:40 PM  Send MaryFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynn, I am in the same boat as I have not yet been paid for that shop I completed on June 3rd. I was happy to pick up this shop based on my past (positive) experience with the company, but now I am having second thoughts. Please keep us posted.

Mary
MSPA Gold Cert# hcxa8g
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  5:31:13 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATEI noticed that Kevin Barry, the President of this company, had previously posted on this thread, so I decided to send him an e-mail through Volition. Here is the reply I received:

quote:
I apologize for the delay. I have had some serious health issues happen to
me. I am back and trying to catch up as quickly as possible to get all due
payments. Some shoppers should have received payments for that project but I
still have a few more to get through. I am very sorry and will try to make
this a non-issue within a few days. Not for sympathy just so you know I have
been in the hospital for some health issues twice this month. Thank you for
you patients and stick with me for just a bit until I get caught up.
Take care and good health,
Thanks again
Kevin Barry
President

ICU Associates, Inc.

5 Wareham St Unit C

Middleboro, MA 02346

866-969-0099

I received this very promptly after I sent the e-mail. Thank you for the prompt communication, Kevin!

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

MaryFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  08:31:08 AM  Send MaryFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Excellent! I certainly understand having problems, especially if you are a one man show behind the curtain. Thanks for the heads up, Lynn.

Mary
MSPA Gold Cert# hcxa8g
Go to Top of Page

Susanne Marie
Star Contributor

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  12:59:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think he means patience not patients....
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  08:36:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been paid yet?

Maryalene
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  09:16:42 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not yet - but they just offered me another assignment.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

MRHazen

Bloomington, IL
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  6:06:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also waiting on a shop payment from June. I e-mailed and called the company. The response I received from them last week said that they are now paying by check and that checks are cut on the 15th of the month. The e-mail did not say that my check was cut on August 15 though and I still haven't received it so my thinking is that it is just a cop-out. I have seen the messages on the board from the president of the company. I can understand about being ill, but there is a certain amount of professionalism necessary. No company would accept a shop from us if it was a month overdue and as a shopper I feel like I deserve the same courtesy from companies I work for. All I expect is payment based on the Independent Contractor Agreement.

Charity
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  07:21:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think what bothers me most is that I have received absolutely no communication from this company. Their email auto-responder says that you will get a response within 24 hours but I've sent several emails and left voice mail messages without any response whatsoever. I think I would feel better about the situation if they would at least take the time to let us know that there is a problem and that they are working on it.

Maryalene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums