Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  06:55:29 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all, we are planning a trip to Disneyland (in CA, not WDW) and I was hoping someone would have some advice or tips/tricks for the park. Most of the stuff I've seen online (and on Volition) is for Walt Disney World in Florida. We have our tickets already but I was hoping for advice on how to plan our days and what not to miss, as I haven't been there since 2000, and we have never really been there with kids (other than a 7 month old who napped in the stroller most of the day.) Now we have 3 kids, ages 8.5, 5.5, and 1.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...

Cindy197
Apprentice

Anchorage, Alaska
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  9:51:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My best advice is to try to find a hotel that has shuttle service to/from the park (there are some that you have to pay for for a small fee). Make sure the hotel room has a refrigerator and microwave so that you can stock up on healthy foods, and be able to come and go from the park as the kids get tired, go back take a nap and then return to the park.

Have fun!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Joan D

Glendale, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  2:02:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would suggest that you find a hotel near Disneyland. Most of the hotels in the area offer shuttle service. If you have time, there is an additional theme park adjacent to Disneyland Park called "Disney California Adventures". They have a virtual reality ride that gives you a 3D tour of the United States. Also they have the famous "Tower of Terror Ride." Check out Downtown Disney which has 18 movie theaters, an ESPN themed sports restaurant and Rain Forest Cafe which the kids will love. Sometimes during the day, they have live bird shows and there are animated gorillas. The atmosphere is just like being in a real rain forest. There is also Medival Times dinner and tournament. They offer dinner and the show provides knights riding on horses dueling each other. You get to chose your knight and horse. There is also "Knotts Berry Farm" in Buena Park. It's worth going there just for the fried chicken dinner. Have a great vacation!!

Joan
Go to Top of Page

MTindle
Contributor

Owensville, Indiana
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  1:14:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My family & I went to Disney World last summer and it was great!! We stayed at a Disney Resort(The Contemporary) where we had a beautiful view of Magic Kingdom.

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  6:34:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Disneyland Hotel is worth the extra $$...it has a rail that takes you to the park, much easier that way. We used to go in March (when my daughter was young), not a lot of lines....summer time you just wait to get on the rides in 105% weather. They have enlarged since I've been there, but, with the heat and lines, summer is difficult with little ones.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Get Active!

Have you posted something helpful today?

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums