Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Frugality, Sweeps, Freebies, Ways to Make $
 $ Earning Opportunities
 TestSpin (paid in Amazon gift certificates for surveys)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  3:40:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cancelled my membership with them . I had done many surveys and wasn't paid.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  7:02:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always been paid for the surveys I did there. I takes awhile for me to reach the $10 payout, because I don't qualify for many of them...most of my invites are IT-related, and, I am NOT an IT person.

So, the ones I do qualify for usually pay $1 or $2, and, that adds up slowly. But, I have always been paid soon after requesting it.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieLM
Valued Contributor

Carriere, MS
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  3:34:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just requested my first payout of $10, a few seconds later it was in my inbox. I was amazed by how fast it came.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  07:01:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I finally reached $10 cash-out on Jan 30 (after hovering on $8 for months)...My Amazon e-code was e-mailed almost instantly!

I don't know whether, or not, I will continue with Test-Spin. They send me lots of survey invitations, several on most days, but, I hardly ever qualify for them.
Go to Top of Page

Elyzabeth

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  4:18:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone else has stopped getting surveys from Test Spin. This is recent, within the past month or so.

It seems like all of a sudden, survey invites stopped coming in my email. I updated my profile, email address, everything, still nothing. It's almost like they dropped off the planet!
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  8:57:40 PM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have stopped for me also.

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  09:09:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still get a lot...some each day; but, hardly ever qualify for them.
Most are for professional IT people...that's not me!
Go to Top of Page

Karrina
Contributor

Florida
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  7:02:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i never get in to them i have had about 3 a day and never get all the way threw!!! Wish it was better seems to be wasting alot of time for nothing,

Karrina
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  7:11:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just now deleted my account with Test Spin

I checked my account, and, I cashed out on Jan 30, for $10 Amazon code. I will say that the e-code arrived within minutes, it seemed.
That left me with a $3 balance with Test Spin.

Since then, I've been getting a lot of surveys, but, have qualified for, and, completed, only 3 surveys with them, for a total of $4....none of that has been credited to my account with them, and, it has been long past the 45-day time period.

So, I decided to forfeit my $3, and, cancel my account with them, and, not have to deal with them anymore.

Now, I am done with Test Spin for good...Hope the rest of you have good luck with them.
Go to Top of Page

Ethel P.
Valued Contributor

Long Beach, California
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  11:17:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a lot of money waiting for me at Testspin. I am just waiting until they convert to paypal which seems to be taking a long time.

Ethel
Go to Top of Page

KarlaNgash

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  11:51:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never got any survey from them and Iam an IT person. And I know the messages don't go to my junk cause i always check that folder also. Don't know why i don't get surveys from them. I'm gonna send an e-mail to see what's going on!

Karla
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  1:17:44 PM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
AOL is blocking all emails from Testspin. I had to switch to a gmail account and then have testspin reactivate my account. So, if anyone is using AOL your account may currently be deactivated.

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaLowery1101
Trainee

Frisco City, Alabama
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  06:17:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get survey invitations occasionally but I never seem to qualify.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

Linda F

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  11:49:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not gotten credit for any that I have done. I am an IT person and was accepted for those surveys,but I just do not like how this company works

Linda
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  6:17:49 PM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone still getting surveys from Testspin?

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

VirginiaS

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  07:16:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't done any for them in a while but I have had some trouble even qualifying for any
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  3:33:00 PM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess my first post was sort of misleading......

I haven't gotten any email invitations from Testspin in about two weeks...I was trying to determine if it's just me, or if other people aren't getting any invitations either....I have emailed them and they of course have not replied.

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Ft. Collins, Colorado
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  8:48:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I qualified for seven surveys in five months. The points appear in my account within the time-frame specified when taking the survey. I keep getting invitations, but there's a problem with my search engine, and I can't log in unless I'm using someone else's computer. When I have logged in, I seem to qualify for about one in four or five (this company does seem to do a lot of surveys which are very business-oriented).

At any rate, I just got around to trying to request my $17 (not bad for seven surveys!) and was disappointed that points can only be redeemed in $10 increments. So, I went on to try to get my money deposited to my PayPal account, and COULD NOT -- because some outfit called "Redeem it Now" popped up instead, and they want an 18 percent cut!, so my ten bucks would wind up only $8.20! Has anybody heard about this ripoff? None of the other survey companies that use PayPal tries to siphon off money earned!
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  12:28:13 AM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No where does it state that 100 points equals $1.00...just because the points don't convert (10,000 points=$10.00 Paypal as you seem to imply) does not mean it's a "ripoff".

quote:
Originally posted by Avery

I qualified for seven surveys in five months. The points appear in my account within the time-frame specified when taking the survey. I keep getting invitations, but there's a problem with my search engine, and I can't log in unless I'm using someone else's computer. When I have logged in, I seem to qualify for about one in four or five (this company does seem to do a lot of surveys which are very business-oriented).

At any rate, I just got around to trying to request my $17 (not bad for seven surveys!) and was disappointed that points can only be redeemed in $10 increments. So, I went on to try to get my money deposited to my PayPal account, and COULD NOT -- because some outfit called "Redeem it Now" popped up instead, and they want an 18 percent cut!, so my ten bucks would wind up only $8.20! Has anybody heard about this ripoff? None of the other survey companies that use PayPal tries to siphon off money earned!

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Ft. Collins, Colorado
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  9:28:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnHag
No where does it state that 100 points equals $1.00...just because the points don't convert (10,000 points=$10.00 Paypal as you seem to imply) does not mean it's a "ripoff".
quote:
Originally posted by Avery
So, I went on to try to get my money deposited to my PayPal account, and COULD NOT -- because some outfit called "Redeem it Now" popped up instead, and they want an 18 percent cut!, so my ten bucks would wind up only $8.20! Has anybody heard about this ripoff? None of the other survey companies that use PayPal tries to siphon off money earned!

Shawn, you've completely missed my point. I'm not quibbling about how many TestSpin points it takes to make a dollar. I'm extremely unhappy that TestSpin has decided to insert a FOURTH party into the PayPal equation, a fourth party (namely Redeem it Now) which takes 18% off the top.

To give you a few real world examples. Say I take a survey from Pine Cone and it pays $3. A few days after I've completed the survey, I get an e-mail from PayPal stating that the $3 have been deposited to my account. Or, say I've reached 1,100 points in my MySurvey account and request a conversion of my points to $10. About a week later, I get an e-mail from PayPal stating that $10 have been deposited to my account.

Now, when I log into TestSpin and request that $10 be sent to me via PayPal, I get re-routed to the Redeem it Now site, where THEY OFFER TO SEND ME ONLY $8.20!

When I complained to TestSpin, I received this reply:
"There are certain costs that TestSpin incurs for offering PayPal as a reward. .... We have also added the RedeemItNow Points Store as part of our ongoing efforts to expand the choices in rewards that we offer to our members."

If you check out PayPal's fee-structure (as I have done), you will see that the "certain costs" mentioned by TestSpin AMOUNT TO 2.9% PLUS 30 CENTS. So, if TestSpin wants to "save" the measly amount they'd have to give to PayPal and deduct "costs," MY $10 would still net out to $9.41!!!!!

The fact that the "RedeemItNow Points Store" wants to suck away $1.80 instead of the 59 cents that it would really cost Test Spin to send me my $10 via PayPal is totally outrageous.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.46 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums