Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 36

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  12:38:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's not difficult if you are mechanically inclined. I did both the Macy's and the Proactive. I worked those 2 machines for almost a year without a break. It got to the point that when I wanted to go out of town, only 2-3 hrs away, the machines would 'mis-behave' and I would be called in. I'm sure that if I had had a back-up person it would have been much better.

When you do a 'replenishment', it may take 10 minutes to load and clean the machine, but you get paid for 60 minutes.

Sometimes the boxes do get heavy (25-30#) for the Proactive machines, but most of the time, it's not bad.

Ever if you're not computer savvy, you can be walked thru by the support staff.

My only beef was the FLS, never knowing where I would be called in. Sometimes the replenishment calls are not every week, only when the machine needs more items.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  4:25:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the insight into the project.

Can you tell them ahead of time if you want to take vacation or go somewhere that's over 3 hours away? Or is it always your responsibility?

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  5:05:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know about CAST, I did these machines (called RIFs) for SMP. I didn't have a backup person, so I had to go. I also haven't had a vacation for more than 4 years, almost don't remember what a vacation is.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  5:47:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I service this account regularly. Sometimes the work is physical with loading the heavy boxes. Usually am done with in the hour. The first line needs to be completed with in 4 hours. These pay well. You get mileage to and from the job along with drive time plus the time you are working on the machine. Some issues are just fixing a misvend. One time I was there working on the computer and on the phone with the company for 90 minutes. These do not happen all of the time. I can go months with no issues and other times 1 or 2 calls in a week. I like working for the company.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  5:50:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes you can also let them know when you need the time off and they will not call you or mark it against you if you decline. Even when you get a call you can decline if you can not make it.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  04:27:11 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Things have changed a little since CAST took over but at least they kept some of the SMP employees.

I do coverage for folks on vacation, so that is not an issue.

If you get a Proactiv machine to service, I suggest that you ask mall security if there is a close place you can park to unload or go early. You don't want to roll 6 Boxes 1/8 mile through the parking lot.

Also, carry some band aids. There are lots of sharp edges inside the RIF and you don't want to bleed on the product

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  1:12:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not get paid mileage because my 'route' (to and from home) was less than 60 miles and 60 minutes drive time.

Yes, I can agree, carrying bandaids is a good idea for any work, especially on machinery.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  10:13:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received their checks for the work at WM in March? I did a project 3/29 and received confirmation that checks should be sent out friday of week of 4/15. I haven't received it yet, and could really use it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  1:40:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,

I just received mine yesterday. Hopefully it's on the way to you!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  1:41:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hope so also.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JudyH

Westfield, MA
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  4:44:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my check today!!!!

Judy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  11:33:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my check today and it was $1.00 more than I was expecting. More is always better than less.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  09:50:06 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Does anyone happen to know the name of the company that is doing the upgrades for the RIFs this week? TIA

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
181 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  6:22:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've gotten several notices of potential work from CAST in my area. The pay isn't bad for the projects (they estimate 30 minutes work and the pay is a flat $10) but they do not pay drive time or mileage (at least not for these projects).

That isn't all that unusual these days, but what has held me back from accepting work from them is their pay schedule. They pay on the week of the 15th in the first full month after the end of the project date.

Example: they have a project in Rite Aid drug stores that has a window of 5/26 to 6/5. Pay for work done on this project will be sent out the week of JULY 15th. That has made me rather hesitant.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  4:15:48 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A quicker pay cycle would always be nice - but (at least in my case) the checks have tended to arrive like clockwork during the promised week. As long as a company pays without hassle according to their stated schedule, I'd much rather have that than chasing down payments.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  05:23:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received payment for the gift card shops which were done at Rite Aids back the end of May - beginning of June? I thought payment was suppose to be July 15th, but I have not seen anything. This was my first completed project with them and I thought I had direct deposit

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  12:59:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their payments are sent out the end of the week of the 15th. So you should receive it this week, always get mine Monday or Tuesday. I don't have direct deposit...didn't know they do it. I never had a problem with payment, always on time.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  4:38:28 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sure am glad some of you are getting work from CAST doing the "gift card" displays. I get emails regularly, but, it seems all the stores are located elsewhere in the state. When they do finally have work in stores close by, I respond that Id service those selected, and have yet, to receive a one. At present, I work for the company that manufactures the cards, love the job, so thought Id take on a few extra stores as "Im experienced"...lol I also made sure this wouldnt be a conflict of interest.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  8:28:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get emails from them too and never get the jobs. But I figure eventually I'm bound to get chosen.
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  6:52:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my check today. They are on the way.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums