Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  05:59:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does any one know what stores the fashion jewelry job will be in?
I work with fashion jewelry for another company and wondering if they lost the contract to CAST.............

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  08:38:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far they haven't said what stores they are or at least it wasn't mentioned in the form they asked my to fill out to be considered.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  3:51:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was too intimidated to complete the application! They wanted to know how fashionable I was. I make an attempt, but at 56, obviously no teenager would think I was fashion-forward (nor would a recruiter).....

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  8:56:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never gotten any of their jobs i applied for before,so i figure this will be the same.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  08:45:32 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have you as a CAST independent contractors experienced this problem... After several attempts to sign up for several store service calls in my area, I was finally able to latch onto a couple. When completed, I entered the info, got my confirmation numbers and thought I was done. A couple days later I received a call from a VERY rude representative from the company telling me I had done the survey incorrectly. I responded that no I hadnt, the merchandise was not in the store, and Id had a department Mngr even search the backroom for the display. Anyway, He said the other stores I was assigned would go to someone else. I travelled 50 miles one way to this one single store, but with the others assigned Id have done okay so the loss in expenses wouldnt have been so noticable. Since I am receiving UC, of course, I reported the work and the amount I was to receive. Now, I have been having a funtime trying to straighten this mess out with UC as I did not receive payment for the work which I had reported I had done. After sending in all related paperwork to UC, several phone calls,and 2 different sets of 4 pages of survey questions regarding my having a contract with CAST,payment arrangements,expenses reimbursed for, it has finally been straightened out. Has anyone else run into this problem as an IC for CAST?
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  4:15:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow JudyK,Did you include a copy of your receipt for the large bottle of asprin you needed because of their mess?
I decided not to do any work for them. Their current ad in my area is they want you to go the UPS hub (way out by the airport several times a week)pick up merchandise and then go all over and put it into their pricey vending machines. And it sounds like there is no compensation for all the driving(at least not in my area). No thanks,not for me.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  7:41:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing I've ever done for CAST is stuff in drug stores (mostly CVS stores) which is typically for gift cards. I've not had a problem, but it's also rare that we are to install anything or put out any merchandise unless there is backstock of gift cards.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  06:11:48 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, there wasnt a reimbursement for drivetime/mileage from them offered. When this took place it didnt take me 5 minutes to delete myself from their contact. Weve all run into situations when the store hasnt received, or has possibly misplaced a display, contrary to what service companies believe. I will NEVER again do project work, this was a lesson. Im just really glad I saved all the paperwork I had submitted, even though it was still a challenge and a pain in the neck trying to prove I was not an employee of CAST, nor did we have a written contract for Independent contractor services, and I did not own my own business. Too much bother for a job I did not receive the measly $10 reimbursement for.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  06:38:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a CAST job ad for working with jewelry. Does anybody work for CAST working with jewelry? Any info would be appreciated. Not sure I want to apply. What stores? How CAST is to work for?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  08:30:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
that job was offered to me in Miami a few moths ago...sounded pretty tedious for the little they were offering plus it is an employee contract so i passed but it is a dedicated number of hours per week...harold sheffield

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

LoriB23
Valued Contributor

Louisiana
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  06:39:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JudyK,
I had a similar experience with Cast. Half the time I was not paid for my work or They would pay for one assignment and forget the payment for other assignment. My advice is to watch your money! if you decide to work for them.

Lori
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

SEAnderson
Apprentice

CASTROVILLE, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  11:38:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The link for CAST at castretail.com is only for applying to become a representative of CAST... All job offers and reporting links are on "assignment pages" and are only available doing the time of "offer" and "reporting"... They DO NOT post offers or reporting links on their main website (at least, "not at the present time...")... Hopefully this helps...
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  7:33:32 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you have an assignment at Wal-Mart for the Cami Secret, I would advise you to get to the Wal-Mart ASAP.
It's an easy task. Very easy.

One of my locations still had the product in the back and was within minutes of placing the product in the Apparel area rather than the Front of Store register endcap we were assigned to place the product in.
The other one had the product parked in back "out of sight, out of mind."

Both stores had a small tray in the "As Seen on TV" area. That small tray does not meet the task assigned.

I did my duty today and must wait until tomorrow to report it due to CAST not being on schedule in that regard.

UPDATE: The reporting portal is now up and running for this project.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  12:18:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, thanks for letting us know. I have this assignment also. Am planning on doing it tomorrow. I couldn't have done it today if I'd wanted to since I didn't get it assigned until late this afternoon. So even if we do get the nasty weather that is possible I'll make sure to get there tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  08:08:33 AM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the best way to update login information for Cast. I signed up with this company nearly two years ago. But I moved states and changed email addresses. I had completely forgotten about them until they posted some recruitment postings in my area.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  2:46:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Send them an email. When I moved, that is what I did. However, I do not remember exactly where I found the email at.
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  05:56:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else doing the Cast jewelry project in Macys? What do you think so far? My biggest problem with this project is that they don't give me enough time each week to do the job well. Two hours a day (including reporting which takes at least 20 mins.per day) twice a week.
Any thoughts/tips?

Ann
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  01:52:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing a lot of jobs at WalMart for them. They are always great! Every time I called project support I had a person on the line right away, no waiting with this company! They are one of the better companies I work for!
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  05:01:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brian, I agree with you. The only problem I have with this jewelry project is the time limit. I would have to think that it comes from the client and not Cast. This is my favorite job to date and Cast is one of the best companies I've worked for.

Ann
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2011 :  7:39:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still waiting on a check though, seems to take a while and I'm not a big fan of the once a month processing, but still good to work for!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums