Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

CMitchell

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  02:36:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here Greta, the same thing happen to me. Something told me to recheck and see if they assigned any jobs to me,12 were assigned. Would have never known , if I didn't do a recheck. They never sent me any notice stating: you have work on your dashboard. So, now when I request work, I check every other day just to make sure nothing was assigned. I notice that they don't have a problem sending email alerts to inform you work is available within your area.(which is great) Greta, DON'T CANCEL ORDERS, try to get ahold of someone a.s.a.p. Cancelling orders, will lead to your ACCOUNT being LOCKED up..
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  05:32:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the work order, finally. Yay! Easy job and would be easier if I had a step stool to take with me, because every single person I asked for a step stool or any thing gave me a blank look. It's fast once a side gets started, but getting it started when I'm reading up - it's a bit of a challenge.

Greta, be sure when you apply for a job to pick your completion date as the last date available. Once you receive the work orders you can change your scheduled date to when you will really do the job. The date that is automatically set on the request form is usually several days earlier.

Hope you are able to get it straightened out with the scheduler. Check and see if the completion date for the overall project is still ongoing. You may be able to change your scheduled date and it won't show as past due anymore.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

FergusonKka
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
140 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  5:58:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How can you tell which are the dogs and which have a reasonable rate of reimbursement for a nearby store?

Karen
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  06:50:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually know the stores around me, but otherwise I never know which would be a 'dog' or otherwise. Sometimes you get dogs and remember those stores.

Reasonable rate of reimbursement--that depends on you and your idea of what you are worth. If it's a job that is either in or near a store that I'm already visiting, then sometimes I'll take a little lower rate than if I had to travel to that job alone. After awhile, I figured it out. I started out doing 1 job per week, 33 miles RT away for less than $10. I soon added other companies and work to that day's visit into town, to make it more worth my time driving to town. Now, I'm usually making at least $50 per day and sometimes much more, per trip to town.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Mariuche

Wantagh, Ny
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  3:17:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody having trouble getting paid recently from this company? I have done work in the past with no problems. They still owe me from Aug. and I keep getting the runaround. Filed a complaint with the Better Busines Bureau.

MA
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  6:29:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad we did'nt take any work from these people, one of the downfalls of our lives in retail.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  05:38:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever filed a small claims judgement on IC work and won?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  08:33:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

A lot of perople, including me. Doesn't matter if the work is IC or not. If you are not paid for the services rendered and rendered correctly, you are entitled to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  7:47:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So glad I read this thread.

I signed up with CASTforce a month ago. I keep requesting jobs and never hear back. And these are easy jobs. Anyone can do them.

Emailed a contact there and asked what was up. They told me that jobs are assigned on a first come first serve basis. LOL. OK. no kidding. But the problem is that if you have a job and you apply for one city, BOOM, that job is no longer available in your account. So if you wanted to pick up some other locations, you can't.

They also told me that it takes anywhere from 2-6 days to hear back if you get the assignment "awarded" to you. How on earth can any merchandiser work with a company who takes 2-6 days to grant you a job you request? You would have to plan your whole life around one company who pays only so-so. And in my area, they don't have much right now. But what really gets me is this that not only do they not notify you by email that you've been awarded a job, but if you are denied, they don't even bother to tell you. So you're waiting around wondering if you will ever get assigned to a job you requested. Luckily now I know that if 6 days passed, it;s safe to say you won't get it. But who knows, maybe you will! LOL. By The time they award it to you, you might have plans to be working in another area of your state and would have to call them and tell them to forget it. Then, your contractor score will suffer meaning you will have less chance of actually getting any jobs.

Let me tell you, I have not been in this business long, but the way this company operates is just plain silly in my personal and humble opinion.

I mean, why on earth they are not self-assign is beyond me. I could assign their jobs and get them done the same day! They make is seem as though their jobs are hard and not for everyone. Man, all they are, as far as I have seen are simple POG audits. Anyone can do them.

This is all enough for me to just stay away from them. But since they seem to have a tendency not to pay, I think it's best for me just to forget them completely.

Oh and do I need to even get into the fact that their system doesn't spit out what's near you with a certain radius? You have to read through a whole list of jobs within a state (which is typed in ALL CAPS mind you) and figure out which towns are near you.

LOL. I'm done tying now. This company really just makes me laugh.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  7:49:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

I doubt it's really worth your time & money unless you are owed at least a couple thousand. Best just to count your losses and move on, I think.

Besides, you can't get blood from a stone. If a judge tells a company they owe you X amount of dollars and the company doesn't have it, they simply won't pay up anyway.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  8:02:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greta

I received a notice today that I have 8 assignments overdue.

I applied for the assignment on 11/8/11 and never heard that I got the assignments and now they are 7 days over due?

Of course it is after hours and I don't know weather to cancel the assignments.

This is the first time they have given me assignments and I am over due.

So it took them probably over a week to award you jobs. In fact, by the time they awarded them to you they were probably already overdue. LOL.

This company really needs to get it's act together.

I mean, email autoresponders are not new technology. It would be no big deal at all for them to have a system that automatically emails you when they award you a job you requested, just as you get an automatic email telling you of the jobs you submitted a request for. This would not only help the merchandiser out but would cut down on past due job. Just one simple solution could solve one huge problem. The way the system is setup now, it increases past due work and it's of no fault of the merch because no reasonable company who has a "by request" system rather than a self-assign system can expect the merch to check his/her account many times a day just to see if they finally got around to awarding you the job.

quote:

Are you sure that the graphics aren't from a job assignment with Certified? It happens a lot that Retail Integrity send stuff for assignments with Certified.

Yeah, retail integrity jobs out assignments to certified even though they have employees in the area that can take the jobs. So that means instead of retail integrity paying you say $12 for the job, certified pays you $8 for it, even though you would have picked up the job with RI. So in the end, RI ends up making less of a profit most likely and that means they are shooting themselves in the foot. Maybe that the future is bleak for a company that does things like this? I don't know. But we'll find out soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  02:50:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for CAST for over 2 yrs and never really had any complaints, until their recent changes. I agree with what LarryT states about having to wait to see if your assigned the work. Except before you could just let them know you could no longer do the work if they take to long to assign. Recently, I applied for 3 stores and get them assigned to me until 4 days into the start date. I was able to fit one in had had to cancel the other 2 & was given 2 "dings", as I call it. I even sent an email explaining I couldn't do as they took too long to assign...not my fault. Right before that I applied for 5 stores and was given only 2...the one closest to my home and the other the fartherest! Someone else got the 3 in the middle. Sorry, but not the way to do it without DT and mileage. I won't be trying to get work with them again.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:55:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As far as not having much work in your area, Larry, they have never had enough in my area. There are 3 reps, that I know of, all fighting for the same jobs. I've given up and haven't re-applied. I might because they are easy jobs and I'm usually either in the store or near within the time period. My other companies have a 4 day to 3 week window.

Not enough work for it to bother with, plenty of work elsewhere. Of course, if you're just starting out, you may disagree with me. Or certain areas (rural) don't have enough retail establishments to make merchandising worth it. I travel 15 miles before the first store, but that's my choice.

I haven't worked for them for awhile, but when I did, I was paid on time (within a week of the 15th of the month).

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  8:36:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DChristine, I totally agree with you. I also worked for this company for around 2 to 3 years and never had any complaints until this change and this includes working them them in two different markets (Charlotte, NC area before we moved and now coastal NC after the move, hubby took a job out here after being laid off for about 8 months). I haven't even bothered to apply for any jobs since they changed to this new system.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  11:15:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Signed up with them a couple of months ago. They finally sent out some offers in my area. Waited over a week because I was busy before I applied. 1 of the 7 was taken. Its been 3 days and Ive not heard back and according to the date some of them are already late.

Guess I will wait a few more days to see if they respond.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  11:32:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy R

Signed up with them a couple of months ago. They finally sent out some offers in my area. Waited over a week because I was busy before I applied. 1 of the 7 was taken. Its been 3 days and Ive not heard back and according to the date some of them are already late.

You 'll have to keep watching your "Assignments Awarded" queue, as they will not send you an email if you "awarded" an assignment.

This is frustrating as you have no idea when and if you will be awarded a shop. I also applied for many jobs within a 5 mile radius of me that were past due and never heard back. I figured it was logical that I would quickly be awarded these jobs since no one wanted to do them and they past due. But apparently castforce does not do things "logically".

Despite the negative comments about castforce, I decided to pickup a kohl's store as it is close to me and I wanted to see what it was like to work in a kohl's. They awarded to me and I did the assignment. I loved my experience in kohl's. Complete opposite of walmart.

However, I will not be considering picking up anymore castforce shops until they pay me for this one and most likely will not pickup anymore since you never ever know if or when you will get assigned to the job you requested. And what's worse is that if you do request a job, they will put you on as a backup of the person who was awarded the job flakes out on them. But you don't know you are on as a backup. You will find out whenever they feel like awarding you the job, which could be weeks from the time you initially requested the job.

It REALLY doesn't have to be this way with any company.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  2:24:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LarryT

quote:
Originally posted by Sandy R

You 'll have to keep watching your "Assignments Awarded" queue, as they will not send you an email if you "awarded" an assignment.

This is frustrating as you have no idea when and if you will be awarded a shop. I also applied for many jobs within a 5 mile radius of me that were past due and never heard back. I figured it was logical that I would quickly be awarded these jobs since no one wanted to do them and they past due. But apparently castforce does not do things "logically".

Despite the negative comments about castforce, I decided to pickup a kohl's store as it is close to me and I wanted to see what it was like to work in a kohl's. They awarded to me and I did the assignment. I loved my experience in kohl's. Complete opposite of walmart.

However, I will not be considering picking up anymore castforce shops until they pay me for this one and most likely will not pickup anymore since you never ever know if or when you will get assigned to the job you requested. And what's worse is that if you do request a job, they will put you on as a backup of the person who was awarded the job flakes out on them. But you don't know you are on as a backup. You will find out whenever they feel like awarding you the job, which could be weeks from the time you initially requested the job.

It REALLY doesn't have to be this way with any company.

Are you doing shops for them, as in mystery shops or merchandising?
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  2:30:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sue

Are you doing shops for them, as in mystery shops or merchandising?

LOL. No, no mystery shops, just merchandising. I've been calling merch jobs "shops" too because I've been doing more mystery shopping than merch the last couple weeks.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  3:07:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Funny (not really). I just did a store yesterday and submitted the report and invoice yesterday as well.

Just looked at my account and it states that the invoice was processed and that payment is set to be disbursed on 1-20-2012 (assuming they in fact pay me). And that's just "disbursed". Who knows what date I will actually receive the money, if at all.

LOL. That's why I really hate IC work over W-2 employers. Many companies have cash flow problems and make you wait too long for payment, if they send it at all. A lot of companies really take advantage of IC's.

You add this onto all the other negatives and it's lookin' like yesterday was my first and last job with them, unless they change their "system", if you wanna dare to call it that.
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  6:47:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are some really great companies out there that treat you right, pay well, and pay promptly whether you are an employee with them or an independent contractor. You have to find them and it takes time to do that. Just remember Rome was not built in a day.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums