Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 36

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  11:57:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the simplification, Larry. Will check after the Panthers game!!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  1:13:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, Larry. I can forget looking for that check before Chrismas. They must have a 3 wk. wait before sending checks (I have worked for a merchandising companies like that.) My jobs were approved on 12/6. Payout date will be on 1/20, so it says. I imagine that if you keep doing weekly jobs for them, the checks SHOULD eventually start coming in regularly. I'm not gonna give up yet as I felt my DM was straight up with me when I spoke with her and they even had someone call and leave a message explaining how to navigate the page. Unfortunately, my Husband erased it before I could make notes from her message. So, thank you Larry for giving me the skinny

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  3:08:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That long to get paid?!?!? Nyet!

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  3:34:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I am at least given a verified date for pmt. I do Mystery Shopping, too, so I get used to waiting at least that long to get paid.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  3:56:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I worked for them, several months ago, it took a minimum of 30 days for me to receive a check, usually 6-8 weeks on the average. That's the pits about only having a monthly payroll.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  4:01:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Top that off with the fact that it takes forever to get assigned to a job and without knowing if it will even happen and it's not worth the hassle. I can't base all my work around cast. I might request a job today, but 5 days from now a job might come up and by the time cast gets around to assigning me the job, I may no longer be able to complete it. Then, you get penalized if not terminated for declining a job. It's an all around terrible system and there is no denying that. They just leave you in the dark about everything and expect you to base your work life around them. Sorry, no can do. Most people in this industry can't do that and won't do that.
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  4:25:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I performed one job for CAST and then decided it just wasn't worth the hassle. The pay was low. Also, even though they knew what day I was going to perform the job (required to give it) I got an e-mail everyday telling me the job had not been done yet. I've got better things to do.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  5:49:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done this before; I call them up and say I want to do X store but the only day I can do it is today since I'll be going through that town. Most of the time they say I will have a dispatch within 5 minutes. All about talking to someone.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  7:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brian we hear you there, that is the best way to do things, in our effort to pick the "best paying jobs" we ran into the issue of not having the "extra work" that we normally have during this time of year even if it is not our regular rate of pay, it is much better to have some "extra income".

Hubby has been in contact with some of the people that we have worked with before and is correcting that issue, we "lost" one of our best contracts in August and have not replaced the work yet, one of our newer contracts is looking pretty promising so we'll see how that goes, still not ready to drop back to the "minimum wage" jobs yet and will avoid that as best we can, work coming up for Jan. thru Mar. will more than make up for our down time the last month or so.

We are kind of perplexed with some of these "issues" a lot of ppl tollerate with companies like these, best procedure is to make contact with the recruiter/ RM/DM or Supervisor and ask all the questions before you agree to work for them, 30 days is a long time to wait for your pay.

When hubby first started doing the traveling gig he ran into a lot of problems with expenses not being paid in a timely manner, sometimes having to wait 2 months, in the meantime who's paying to go where the company needs you, who gets the free ride? Spending money is a given no matter who or where you work, question is:

How much can you afford to spend before you can't go to work?

Are you willing to work/spend/wait for that money and pay and then do it again?

Month after month??

Nah, if a company wants us there....let's talk and make it so there is no burden on us, they get their work done on time and possibly get more work for completing projects on time.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  04:58:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrianHanson37

I have done this before; I call them up and say I want to do X store but the only day I can do it is today since I'll be going through that town. Most of the time they say I will have a dispatch within 5 minutes. All about talking to someone.

Thanks for that info. However, I emailed my CAST administrator listed at the top of my account pages once to ask him about their system and whatnot and he never once mentioned that I could call and request a job and have it awarded to me right away. Therefore, I never thought it was an option.

Once I get paid for my first job, I will consider doing as you stated and report back as to whether or not it worked.

But regardless, the system they have now really stinks. Let's face it, the system as it is now lends to a higher rate of past due jobs and forgotten jobs. If you are going to have a contractor rating system, you need to make sure that

A) You award jobs fast (because after all, you want them done ASAP, right?)

B) Make sure that the awarded party knows he has been awarded the job so that he can get it done ASAP with no excuses that he did not know he was awarded a job.

Why do I have to check my account all the time just to see if job I requested was awarded to me? The back end of their system should be configured to send and automatic email to the "awarded" merchandiser (even an automated phone call too, but not absolutely necessary). Automatic emails like this are so easy to implement. Just the same, anyone who requests a job but is not awarded the job needs to me contacted by automatic email stating that the job was not awarded to him. Simple. And it's just common courtesy to boot.

If I were a client and I knew that cast ran their site like they do, I would never contract with them as I would assume that most assignments will be done late, if at all.

Then they have the nerve to ask you how their site works and if the color scheme is good. WHO ON EARTH CARES about the color scheme?!!! Make it functional and run the business and website properly. Their IT team and upper mgmt must be new or just not too bright, IMHO. They way they run things make 120% no sense at all.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  07:53:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LarryT these companies that have these types of web sites depend on picking the people that are willing to work for the least amount of pay, my belief is the only rating the use is to earmark those people and only "award" them the work, I'm sure that they do not pay extra to make sure that the job gets done, they'll give it to another company down the line who will pay even less to get it done.

As to what BrianHanson37 and I do is to have a working relationship with recruiters/schedulers that have been "in a pinch" and contacted us to cover for an emergency and are willing and authorized to pay extra for a project's completion, if you work at this long enough and "prove" yourself to these folks then you could learn who these ppl are.

In our case we know the different territories of CA and the difficulties faced by these companies in finding "qualified" help willing to work for the "pittance" they offer. I keep track of what is happening around here (CA) and what companies are working what projects, a few companies we IC for will bid on projects and check our availability just in case they do get the contract. We cover areas that there just is no help.

I have tried to locate people in some of these ares that are qualified and at least willing and available to cover some of this work and have only found a cpl in areas we cover, as a team we only travel as a team and some schedules don't allow for us to be in two places at one time so some things we have to pass on.

Work is picking up and I still have your contact info, if something comes up out your way just keep in mind that some of these projects/schedules can be demanding but pay well.

Hubby

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  5:37:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The site finally updated to show I was paid for the jobs with the invoice date of the most recent pay period. No check yet, but by the time I realized the mail had come it was pouring rain and not worth getting soaked for. Highly doubt it's there anyway. Will check in the morning.

I do wish they would send out an email to let a person know a job is assigned to them. Sometimes the opportunities come up well in advance of the start date, then isn't assigned until after the start date and by then I've fallen out of the habit of checking in.

Also for one job I began to receive calls the first day the job could be done after receiving the material asking when would I complete the jobs. I didn't answer until about the 4th call and that was so I could tell him I had now completed all jobs at all locations. There were ten more days before the job had to be completed too. It was an easy and quick job too.

I think I'll use them only for jobs that are very close so it doesn't matter if the job suddenly shows up on my account with only one day left for completion.

By the way, did anyone else have the CVS job where the work order/invoice the manager needed to sign said "Walmart Manager"?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  6:29:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanSG

I think I'll use them only for jobs that are very close so it doesn't matter if the job suddenly shows up on my account with only one day left for completion.

I agree. The way their "system" is set up, that is the only way I (and I bet most people) can safely pickup jobs in order to be sure I get them done before the due date so they can't use that reason to not pay me.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  06:29:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long does CAST typically give you to complete a job? I service an area about once every two weeks that CAST is looking for someone at - but if it will be less than a 14 day turn around time on their jobs, I'll need to decline the opportunity.

Thanks.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  07:02:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We "opted out" with CAST as well as a few other companies, Hubby has picked up more of the work/pay that we prefer so we'll be doing some travel, here in CAL resets/remodels are picking up.

We have "offers" for a lot of this but pick the more interesting ones that pay better and have more work available.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  1:16:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CAST has now started sending emails to let people know they have been awarded jobs.

Guess they got the hint from people declining them after receiving them and telling the schedulers it was because they got tired of checking every day.

I picked up a simple job that's local and immediately changed the scheduled date to the last possible date available for it.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  3:43:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any update on this company?
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  6:11:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Company is great, work is steady and paychecks keep coming.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2012 :  2:11:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
David do they have any work still? All I see is those stupid ASOTV visits. I have done that same visit in over 20 stores, and its simple BS. Store always has it stocked, promotional stuff is always out since WM gets the same letter they give you a month before you arrive. I admit its not bad to go take a picture for $11, but I think it would only REALLY benefit someone who is already there for something else. Do they still have once a month payment processing?
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2012 :  6:21:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
David--If you want to e-mail me directly, feel free. I think we work the same territory. Just thought I would put it out there if you ever want to put down your claims. Just curious as to the areas you prefer to work. I’m not out to step on anyone’s toes. I know that I've gone back and forth with some of the same projects.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums