Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  10:42:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tony DeOliveira

Just FYI. I have been working with them for years. I purchased a small dry erase board for about $2 and that's what I use at the stores. As far as the large amounts of paper being printed. I don't print the instructions. I copy it to my phone as a PDF and view it when I'm not sure of something. I really hope that helps.

On a separate note, the pay really stinks. They expect you to rest to POG all three sides of a gift card rack and then go to the other rack by the pharmacy and do the same thing -- all for $11. Not happening. Way back when they used to Retail something or another, they paid me $25 a store and mileage. I had $400-$500 weeks just from them. That was sweet....

Tony the small dry erase board for about $2 is an excellent idea. I can't believe I never thought of it because I hate that part of preparing for the jobs. I've wasted a lot of paper and time. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  4:55:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One thing I will say, CastForce must have a TON of work available in the greater Los Angeles area right now, because they have a mile long listing of job openings in my area. Just looking at the list of cities they have on NARMS, it looks like SPAM. They posted a list of jobs about a mile long last week, and then they have posted a list about a mile long this week. Does CastForce really have that much work right now? I sure wish I could exclude them from showing up on my NARMS list.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Pamala

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  6:26:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I don't think they do. They also posted a ton of cities where I live and they have absolutely nothing on their job board.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  6:53:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are right! They have been flooding NARMS with postings for jobs that don't exist. I am pretty fed up with getting 20 notices a day for weeks now from NARMS and these bogus Cast jobs.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  7:09:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same thing is happening with Sunflower/Tallgrass. They post multiple general ads within a small radius and it just floods NARMS. NARMS needs to start cracking down on this. It pretty annoying and extremely unnecessary. I understand why they do it, but NARMS either needs to change their system to accommodate this or they need to ban this practice. What really gets me about sunfolower is that they don't even list a city name in the ads so every single ad is literally the same exact ad. All you see is a state so it looks like spam, even though it's not.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  9:17:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LarryT

Same thing is happening with Sunflower/Tallgrass. They post multiple general ads within a small radius and it just floods NARMS. NARMS needs to start cracking down on this. It pretty annoying and extremely unnecessary. I understand why they do it, but NARMS either needs to change their system to accommodate this or they need to ban this practice. What really gets me about sunfolower is that they don't even list a city name in the ads so every single ad is literally the same exact ad. All you see is a state so it looks like spam, even though it's not.

Yep and they have been doing this for way over a year on Shadow Shoppers. It's obnoxious and false advertsing. My fave is the posting for a Supervisor in the Inland Empire for them that is sent out every single week for the last 16 months. lmao
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  9:18:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's all cr@p, takes 2 minutes just to log in to my profile on narms, haven't checked indeed to see if it's happening there too but it is rediculous, narms should look into it.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  10:49:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will not be doing work for these folks from now on. I see they are paying on a Visa card..... not for me.. I have way too much paperwork now.
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  12:42:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up for the debit card....it's all online. You don't have to print out anything unless you want to for safekeeping. I just saved mine to my computer. It took me about 15 minutes tops to get it all done. I sighed when I read they were going to a debit card..."Another Debit Card!" was my first thought. But I do get a fair amount of work from them, so I'll hang around with them for a while longer. When the card comes, I'll see what the procedure is for transferring my funds to my bank electronically....that will be my preference.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  12:47:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The ONLY reason I went through with signing up is to get paid for July. After that I am done with this company. I do NOT want paid by a credit/debit card. That is so useless to me as I can't pay bills. I'm also sure there will be fees associated with it that will end up costing more than any money I make with this company.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  4:55:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Funny!I opened my email this afternoon and there is a notice from cast that they are going to a debit card. I was just reading an article in my morning newspaper about more and more companies going from paper checks and DD to debit cards.And that some card issuers like citibank pay the employer a $ amount for every employee they issue a card to. And that some people that have them spend up to $70 a month in fees associted with the card.
I hate having a company debit card, especially when they charge $3 or more to have your money transferred from card to your bank account.
About the only way to avoid a fee is to use the card at a store and request cash back off of it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  6:03:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We do steady work for 8 companies, 3 use DD & pay bi-weekly, 2 DD monthly, 2 by check bi-weekly, and 1 weekly by check, doesn't matter as long as they don't change to debit cards, government gives the banks enough money and they have to steal from us too??? We can drop those companies and get some rest.

MndyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  6:51:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be careful with getting paid with a debit card. In Pennsylvania, a large McDonalds multistore franchise was doing the debit card payroll, got sued and lost. I do not know all the details, but I can tell you that lawyers are already lining up to file lawsuits. Local newscast and print have run extensive stories on this subject. It appears that the only convenience is for the payer, as he can save more money on payroll, that's it. The people who already have limited resources, or access to banking facilities, will have even less.
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  06:17:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From post here I've heard the following:

Visa Debit Card:
paying bills with it?
get cash at select ATMS?, NOT BANKS
using ATM's at
Walgreens, Krogers, Walmart and some gas stations?
Well, the FIRST TIME I get charged $3 ( or more), I will be finished with a company that has a debit card system that costs me to transfer to a bank.

There are MANY retail businesses that I need to use, grocery for one that I possibly cannot use this card with.

When you work, you need something that does not have to be transferred several times in order to make a simple purchase.Jumping through hoops with money is not something I want to do after jumping through hoops all day long for companies I am working on behalf of.

Lynne
Gold Certified h0c5ds Shopping suburban Des Moines, IOWA: Clive, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Johnston
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  07:19:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please follow this link. It is from a television station. It explains further the story. You will ahve to cut and paste into your web browser.

http://luzernecounty.wnep.com/news/news/388253-mcdonalds-franchise-changing-pay-practices
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  08:09:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are pro's and con's to just about everything in life......5 years ago when Premium started paying by debit card ( the only way they pay ) was my first experience with a debit card, I use that debit card just like I do my bank debit card.

There is a one time step to take, that allows your money to be transfered to your bank account without there being a charge. I have never been charge any extra fees or had any money removed from my account other than what I use it for.

The only ATM that I cannot use is the bank's, works just fine anywhere else, I use it anywhere I want to. I am currently paid on a Visa Card from two companies and one company that is a DD to my bank. To each his own, we all have different ideas on what works for us. If I ever have an issue with the card, I will post it.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  12:44:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's the problem, I cannot pay bills with this stupid debit card. I have no interest in trying to figure out how to get the money off of it without being carged a fee. If they would have gone to DD, that is fine, I have no issues with direct deposit instead of a paper check. A good chunk of the companies I work for either pay exclusively via DD or have that as an option. However I do have an issue with a debit card. Actually the small amount I make with this company won't be that big of a loss in the long run. Guess when I get paid this time, I'll just go my cell phone store and dump the money onto my cell phone account. At least I can do that with it, then cancel it and not work for this company anymore.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  4:34:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta:

I used to work for a company as a 1099 Independent Contractor. It was a full-time (and then some) position. When it came to pay, they cut me a check and mailed it via USPS. From time to time, it arrived late and, since I traveled a great deal and had to pay for it out of pocket, I had to postpone out of town runs until my check arrived. I asked my boss on several occasions why they did not go with direct deposit and was told that for them to do so would have made me, in the eyes of the IRS, an employee rather than an independent contractor with all that such a change would entail. I never independently verified that (not about to give the IRS a call and open up that can of worms), so I can't say whether that was true or not. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit, given the incomprehensible tax code, if it were.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  05:38:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We can be paid in two weeks instead of waiting a month. I really should wait to see how the card works. I may still take jobs from them. I thought abt it. They are easy jobs around here cuz I am in the boonies.. small stores and easy jobs.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  09:41:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RobertH, as to being employee because of direct deposit that is not so, we have two companies that pay us by direct deposit and we work as ICs (1099) It is much easier that way because of tthe travel we do, we do work out of town.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums