Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  06:50:54 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is this the same company as CAST retail? I just got an email for merchandising cookies a couple of hours a month, and it looks like it would be at Wal-Mart, judging by the application. I filled out an application, and if I don't hear, no biggie, because I already work full-time AND have 3 regular merchandising jobs, but if the pay is good, I would pick up an extra couple of hours a month (but only a month, that's about all my schedule allows).

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  07:29:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In the past, I have completed many of their merchandising jobs. Some were very mundane, but some were almost enjoyable.
However, the pay was always VERY minimal.
Since I have a somewhat regular job and other merchandising jobs (after work), I ONLY TOOK ON CASTFORCE jobs if I was already going to be in the facility OR...location was very close to my home.

Lynne
Gold Certified h0c5ds Shopping suburban Des Moines, IOWA: Clive, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Johnston
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  03:25:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for a couple of years now. In my area projects are occasional. The pay is usually ok. It's not great but I have seen worse. Overall they are easy to work for. I have had one instance of having a hassle to get paid, but it was a comedy of errors on the store's side. The most annoying part is that you are forced to get paid on a paycard. There are free ways to get your cash, but it is a pain.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  05:00:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, the "pay card". That is probably the main reason I just no longer do any jobs for them. Since I am not retired, and do NOT have gobs of time available, I thought those pay cards would be problematic (which they were).

Lynne
Gold Certified h0c5ds Shopping suburban Des Moines, IOWA: Clive, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Johnston
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  10:44:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anybody else have projects with them (Castforce) and they all of a sudden got pulled?
I had a bunch of Circle K stores in my portal and then they were taken away.It was a Greendot project
When I checked with the supervisor all she said was we lost the contract
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  12:02:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, it happened to me too. They pulled them last week and they did send an email about it.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  4:02:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so who do you think GOT the Circle K contract? Because it is an easy job...
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  5:21:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never got an email
Could you please forward it to me?
Curious what it read.
Yes....it was an easy job but I had a load of stores and was looking forward to the extra money for a change from Castforce
Wish I knew who got the jobs
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  7:55:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LeeR I tried sending it to you but it came back undelivered. It was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  8:11:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if Circle K is having problems. I work with a company that sells to K. We were asked to refrain from selling to select stores, and with restrictions on the rest.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  9:02:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks anyways DChristine
Was just kinda strange them pulling the project a week before the start date.
That never happened before with any other project I've done for them.
With the lack of work that they have, I wonder how they stay in business
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  01:27:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a project suddenly rescheduled with them lately due to product inventory issues (was supposed to be in Dec, moved to Jan).

Then I had my CircleK/GreenDot projects pulled. I did get the letter that stated unforseen circumstances.

I've also had all my ASOTV shops vanish. The people in store tell me another company is doing it now.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  04:15:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can bet your "booties" that IF you find out who has grabbed the contract for these jobs, it will be for LESS PAY, as they won the contract by charging less. I have seen this COUNTLESS TIMES in the last 15 years. New company....LESS PAY, N E V E R more pay.

Companies mindset is often this: "We can do it for less money", and the simple way is to cut the pay of the actual worker. Years ago, these type jobs were taken by mostly people in the retail field that, for a variety of reasons did not want to, or could not work day-to-day at full time hours. The part-time hours fitted them perfectly, and they had gobs of retail knowledge. Companies FINALLY began to reason that many of them were not in a position that required a great deal of formal education, and their knowledge could be quickly learned by "newbies". Voila, the decrease in pay began (or at the very least, no raise in pay for the constant rise of inflation).

This type of fairly decent pay for part-time work is going the way of pay phone booths, (cell phones) Bank Tellers (internet banking) large retail stores (Internet Purchasing) & oodles of others as Society changes due to technology & competition. I, for one am VERY SORRY for this

Lynne
Go to Top of Page

GregSMartin

Roberts, ILL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  3:03:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
But when does this madness end?? It's already warm, breathing bodies at this point and how can these companies cut any more pay? Nobody in their right mind is gonna drive across the street let alone any distance with no compensation for a project that pays 5-10 bucks or even less. I just don't get it anymore. Who IS STUPID enough to even get out of their car..let alone spend gas money..and walk across a parking lot with below freezing temps and then find a manager which is a 10-15 minute ordeal at best for 5-10 dollars and then that is shrinking every day? Sorry that is MY rant for the day.. Happy New Year..
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  12:54:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GregSMartin

But when does this madness end?? It's already warm, breathing bodies at this point and how can these companies cut any more pay? Nobody in their right mind is gonna drive across the street let alone any distance with no compensation for a project that pays 5-10 bucks or even less. I just don't get it anymore. Who IS STUPID enough to even get out of their car..let alone spend gas money..and walk across a parking lot with below freezing temps and then find a manager which is a 10-15 minute ordeal at best for 5-10 dollars and then that is shrinking every day? Sorry that is MY rant for the day.. Happy New Year..

It is most likely not a matter of stupidity, it is a matter of necessity. In my neck of the woods, high paying gigs are few and far between, especially if you want to remain a contractor and refuse the rare permanent part time gig that occasionally opens up. I am perfectly happy planning 4-10 15 minute gigs a week (usually 2 days) that are lower paying because this allows me to make my laundry list of medical appointments on the other days. I don't have other options as I am not physically equipped for more work. I need the flexibility of being a contractor so I can schedule my visits (merchandising and mystery shopping) around my medical appointments.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  08:20:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How does this company (Cast/Castforce) stay in business with the lack of work they seem to have?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  5:30:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It depends on the state/area that you live in. Some areas they hardly have any work,other areas they have tons of work.
Where I live I get a job notice about about once a wek. My S-I-L also works for them in another state and she has several jobs aweek she does for them. Of course it helps that there are no other merchandisers where dhe lives, so she gets all the jobs, from all the different companies besides.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2015 :  05:06:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Your S-I-L is in an envious position--if not minding the low pay, sometimes difficult retail clerks (oops I mean "Associates"), & sometimes tedious work. If need only part day, & not every day work, and NO other merchandisers then O.K. (That "usta" be--little competition, but pay was better .

Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  1:58:32 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pay card was a concern and you should READ the terms and conditions of the pay card. If you don't get jobs creating pay for a few months, the pay card will zing you. There is a work around if you enable other ways of depositing to the card to keep it alive. Otherwise, it can be like taking a check to the bank. I walk in. Present the card and ID asking for a "cash advance". They process it without a fee and I deposit the funds in my bank account useable the same day since it is recorded as a cash deposit.
======
In my area, most jobs are double digit pay with occasional bonuses. True, I usually limit the jobs I take to locations that I am going for other companies. It helps with gas, eats, etc.
The negative for me is the pay cycles are often four to eight weeks after the job is reported. They are up front about when the job with pay before you accept the job.
--
Another thing to be aware of with jobs that have materials shipped to you require you to accept responsibility for the shipment with a guarantee job completion to Castforce of $20.00 per shipment per job.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  02:40:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The thing that has been ticking me off about the shipments is that they are sending them with not enough time to get them if you want to do your visits on Monday. Everything that is coming to me via UPS is showing up at my door Monday around noon-2pm. That can screw with your schedule and they do not appear to care, they will still hold you liable.

Amazingly enough, the stuff I get from them FedEx usually shows up the week before the visits.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums