Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 36

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  06:43:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPS showing up at my door Monday around noon-2pm. That can screw with your schedule and they do not appear to care, they will still hold you liable.

Yes, another irritant, one I had forgotten about. My UPS would show up about 3PM & yes, they STILL DO hold one liable.

HEADS UP MERCHANDISING COMPANIES: Good hard working Loyal merchandisers are leaving the field in droves because of situations as outlined above. When dozens of merchandising jobs are done incorrectly and other ills occur, think of the good, loyal people who are NOT given common business courtesy, and have left the field.

Lynne
Gold Certified h0c5ds Shopping suburban Des Moines, IOWA: Clive, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Johnston
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  11:03:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another new annoyance is my area manager assigning me shops in my general area that I have seen on the job board and turned down. I get that she has to try to get shops covered and that right now they have nobody else in my area (which really isn't my problem). I still am NOT interested in anything that I don't assign myself. I purposely stay a contractor so I can choose what I do. (I have physical diabilities that prohibit things like resets or anything that is very physically demanding.) My area manager assigned me a visit I think I have no chance of getting done because the store gets their trucks when I am available to visit and prohibits backroom access. Since I have to go to the same location anyways for a different project I will attempt it, but I doubt it will happen and it will turn up as a manager refusal. I sent a politely worded email to my area manager making her aware of this fact and asking her to please not assign me visits I had not directly requested.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  03:03:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had 4 Castforce visits today at three different chains. At every store, there was an issue. I tried calling support at the first store. 20 minute wait and then it automatically sent me to voicemail. My call was not returned. At the second store there was a 12 minute wait and the call was answered. The Support rep stated she was the only Support person working (this was between 4pm-6pm Arizona time) and stated that no where on my paperwork did it say call Castforce when I have a problem. Gee, that's what I thought the Support line was for! I've been told to call in the past to when I have an issue to have it documented by Support so I will get paid.

Castforce also sent out an email today about shops that started Monday. Apparently the instructions they gave us were wrong (it said to fully stock the display and then use the rest on a different display). I had no extra cards after attempting to full stock the main display, so I did not put any extra on the secondary display. Per the message we got today (almost all the way through the project dates) if we did it that way we are going to have to go back and move stock to the secondary displays if we want to be paid.

I used to enjoy working for this company. The work was limited but usually steady and the company was easy to work for. I am seriously reconsidering working for them after all of this mess. Does anybody else that works for them have any tips?

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  10:08:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the same email about placing cards on checkout counter. I actually misread it at first and I called in to support; it said only to place those cards if they had the old ones at the checkout before. At most of of every one of my stores if they did have the cards they had the credit card gift cards at the checkouts; that is most the of store managers preference's.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  12:38:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received this email also and this is why Cast is thought of so poorly. Nowhere in the instructions does it say to do what they will send you back to the store for not doing. In fact, I'd think QC would send you back if you report the main display isn't full but you report cards on the counter top. I have been doing these for yrs and always reported 0 when there was 0 of the old cards and was NEVER sent back to the store.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2015 :  03:39:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
None of my stores had the cards that needed to be destroyed and replaced at the check out when I walked in. My stores are VERY proactive about getting rid of old and discontinued stock.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

RickStott
Trainee

Tappahannock, VA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  12:06:09 PM  Send RickStott an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with Castforce treating reps as if they are the enemy and Castforce is the good guy. Threats to charge for display material, threats to not pay for minor mistakes. Actually not paying for work done with no explanation when the pay was expected. The length of time it takes to get paid.

Most recent agitation was a job starting on a Monday and I had it scheduled for that day. The POP did not arrive and upon checking I found that it would be 2 days before I would get it. That messed up my schedule for the week. Then I got a mail that said the project was due such and such a date.

They just don't know what teamwork is at Castforce.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  4:58:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gone back into a store on my own dime 3 times (I think) with them. So now I am a bit paranoid that I get it right or at least can explain why it isn't right. I carefully pick and chose my stores now.
If I know a store is 'out of control' when it comes to setting POG's (that is, it is behind by days or weeks) I don't chose that store. I don't want to spend 3 hours for a 1 hour call, just to set to POG and then HOPE that Cast pays me.
Regarding due dates: I always change the due date to the last day of the project so that I don't get reminder emails...I try to do it as early as possible, however.
Go to Top of Page

FlaMargie
Trainee

Florida
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  5:35:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been working with Castforce for a little over 3 1/2 years now.
This last project (Greendot and the "audit" to make sure everything has (finally) been reset as well as the wireless) has been typical. Not enough product sent in the kit to fill the display, three days in being told that you may have to go back because of their mis-communication,etc.
I am still dealing with stores that had a Castforce rep accept the reset project (back in November), and not do it correctly, either not at all, or saying that the store manager told them "no"(untrue), or only doing the sections that a camera picture would show, not placing the labels per pog, not spacing the new pegs, it goes on and on.....
Totally unprofessional, and causing a whole lot of unhappiness with the client, as well as me who walks into these problems.
Would any of you fix any of these issues knowing that the person before you got paid reasonably well to do the reset, and you are there for an hour project at the going rate?
And not getting a return call or return email about any of these issues.
Crazy.
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2015 :  02:56:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO ASSISTS WITH PROBLEMS:

1. Carefully pick stores you will do-storePOG weeks behind DON'T DO
2, Change due date to last Project day

Do you want to spend 3 hours for 1 hour call ?
Do you wish continually to get reminder calls to do ASAp ?
Do you want to set to POG,then hope that C.A.S.T. pays you ?[/size=5]

Typical "office" problems

Not enough product: Y o u WILL be going back
Office mis-communication: Y O U WILL be faulted & NO PAY

Typical "field" problems

Work previously done not correctly spaced
Labels not correct with POG
Only sections shown by camera were done

Lynne
Gold Certified h0c5ds Shopping suburban Des Moines, IOWA: Clive, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Johnston
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
390 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2015 :  6:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And the company keeps wondering why they can't keep reps. Between the horrible treatment and worse pay, not to mention on a debit card, it's a wonder they are still in business.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  04:14:35 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert A. Miller

And the company keeps wondering why they can't keep reps. Between the horrible treatment and worse pay, not to mention on a debit card, it's a wonder they are still in business.

When they got started, they were doing well. I was one of the first, a lot of them came from National Instore. From what I was told, I did their test project for Greendot. I did a ton of stores, 30 hours straight. I was paid well. I did this a couple times for them, and then the greendot rolled out all over the country.

I had a couple other projects with them, then I moved. Didn't hear from them. Then, they started advertising for a local position here. I'd call, and they said they'd give it to me. I'd hear nothing. Contact them a couple weeks later, "Oh, we gave it to someone else."

Their vending machine project. They were advertising that for close to 3 months here. Sent several e-mails. Not a single email answered. Called. Oh, we never received those e-mails. Spoke to them, they said they'd give it to me. Again, nothing ever sent. Few weeks later, "We gave it to another candidate".

Now they have this new project at Toys R US. Oh, that's just great. They advertised that for a month. I did that for the previous company that had it. Paid $25/hour to do it. CAST has it now, paying $12/hour. I called, ya, that sounds great! Just fill out a new application.

I did. Heard nothing again. Followed up, they decided to give it to someone else. Because it makes perfect business sense to give a brand new project to someone who's never done it before, instead of the rep who already has the business relationship to the store, helped set that store up originally with the monitors, and had been visiting it for a year? But because I got $25/hour to do that project originally, they'd rather just have someone willing to do it for $12/hour do it?

This company has now proven what kind of people they are. They aren't loyal. They don't care. They want you to make them look good, but forget taking care of their people. And, BTW, the company that had that project paying $25/hour? They simply outsourced it, instead of having their own team of people. They didn't have the manpower to manage it. The talk was BDS was going to handle it for them originally, which was going to pay $15/hour.

Way to go, treating people that helped you get started like that.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2015 :  05:26:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a delivery Friday of POP materials for a Sams Club visit. The problem? The box is about 4ft x 5ft x 3in. I cannot think of how this will fit in my car. I opened it up and it appears that you can't break the cardboad inside down any smaller. I'm not renting a truck to take this to Sams Club, it would cost more than the visit pays. Why on EARTH didn't they mention that the package would be sized like this? I'm going to try again to partially fit it into the trunk, but I don't have high hopes.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2015 :  07:03:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heather...is it a pallet skirt?
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2015 :  10:48:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is a skirt.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  1:24:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
@Heather...Sorry for not checking the board sooner.
If it was a Pallet Skirt for the Hershey's project it should have fit into the car.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  11:53:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I eventually got it to fit in the back seat after a lot of work.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  4:27:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has this company, Castforce, rebilled itself as "Cast?" I got an email from a company calling themselves just "Cast" and they want someone in my area for basic merchandising.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  03:11:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you work for Cast you are an hourly employee. If you work for Castforce you are a contractor paid per job.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2015 :  8:00:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are these posts for Cast or Castforce ? Or does it matter since the difference is employees vs IC ? I have been contacted by Cast but I don't want to work for a co.that is problematic.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums