Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  04:17:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a lovely new Castforce issue. Project is supposed to start today. I have not gotten the shipped supplies. Thursday I check tracking, and the tracking information claims that the package was delivered a over a week ago and left at my front door.

Now, both FedEx and UPS have been told about petty crime in the area. I had a mostly full propane tank attached to my grill stolen off my patio while I was most likely sleeping. I have had mail walk off. At my insisting and frequent complaining, UPS now requires all packages delivered in this mobile home park to be released upon a signature only.

FedEx on the other hand rarely even knocks on my door. They just toss the package on my uncovered steps that are 6 feet from the street and leave.

The package was of course shipped FedEx. I contacted my area supervisor and got a message that she would email shipping. I am going to send her another email this morning. I don't have a whole lot of flexibility in my scheduling with Castforce and I am going to be livid if they try to find me at fault.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  7:34:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did your supervisor know beforehand about crime in your neighborhood? Bet they will try that as an out.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  04:21:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPS and FedEx policies both prohibit drivers from leaving packages at locations that are not protected from the weather and that are easily visible from the street. If a driver ignores those guidelines and leaves a package, it is on the driver.

I worked for UPS, the ex-husband worked for FedEx.

So far my Area Supervisor has suggested that future FedEx packages get shipped to the FedEx Office location that is a half mile from my house, that's fine with me. I had to send her ANOTHER email asking what they were doing about this package and this visit.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  4:21:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On FedEx and UPS.

Keep in mind the FedEx ground drivers are contracted out. They do not work for FedEx directly. The other class services from FedEx(overnight etc)are direct reps from FedEx.

I personally hate FedEx. It came to a point that they were instructed to put the boxes on the side of my garage away from view of anyone whom came down our street. They kept placing them on the front porch. The area supervisor wanted to just argue with me about it. So I just told him to reroute everything to the local FedEx store.

UPS on the other hand places everything where I want.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  5:16:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You call it FedUP?
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  06:41:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in a small town. All one truck.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  10:59:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HeatherP

I have a lovely new Castforce issue. Project is supposed to start today. I have not gotten the shipped supplies. Thursday I check tracking, and the tracking information claims that the package was delivered a over a week ago and left at my front door.

Now, both FedEx and UPS have been told about petty crime in the area. I had a mostly full propane tank attached to my grill stolen off my patio while I was most likely sleeping. I have had mail walk off. At my insisting and frequent complaining, UPS now requires all packages delivered in this mobile home park to be released upon a signature only.

FedEx on the other hand rarely even knocks on my door. They just toss the package on my uncovered steps that are 6 feet from the street and leave.

The package was of course shipped FedEx. I contacted my area supervisor and got a message that she would email shipping. I am going to send her another email this morning. I don't have a whole lot of flexibility in my scheduling with Castforce and I am going to be livid if they try to find me at fault.

I have made arrangements with FedEx and UPS online and by phone about packages. FedEx is a lot less dependable, but usually the receiver can redirect their packages to arrive at a FedEx locker or store. Yes, they have lost a package, and I called corporate and the package was found pretty quick.

Hope you find a solution.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  5:51:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I moved one year out of town and because of my address the idiot company I was working for wasn't going to assign me work in the town I had been covering for many years. So I asked a friend who still lived in that town if I could use her address as my shipping address and she said yes. It was a pain to have to stop at her place every couple of days to get my mail but I wonder, could you use someone elses address instead of yours to have your packages delivered to a more secure location?

Mark
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  05:30:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuptonInVirginia

I moved one year out of town and because of my address the idiot company I was working for wasn't going to assign me work in the town I had been covering for many years. So I asked a friend who still lived in that town if I could use her address as my shipping address and she said yes. It was a pain to have to stop at her place every couple of days to get my mail but I wonder, could you use someone elses address instead of yours to have your packages delivered to a more secure location?

I don't know anybody. Most of my friends have moved out of the area, something I will be doing in about a year.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  05:33:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EliseSm

I have made arrangements with FedEx and UPS online and by phone about packages. FedEx is a lot less dependable, but usually the receiver can redirect their packages to arrive at a FedEx locker or store. Yes, they have lost a package, and I called corporate and the package was found pretty quick.

Hope you find a solution.

Both FedEx and UPS have started charging to change the address in many cases or it must be authorized by the shipper.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  03:51:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Logged in today and saw that apparently I have a new area manager again.

Finally got fed up with Castforce about one visit. It was originally scheduled for the first week of August. Then we got an email that they rescheduled it for mid-September. They happened to schedule it for the start of the Jewish High Holy Days. I have been emailing my area manager and telling her I would be happy to do it, but they have to move the due date out to October 1st. There were several back and forths with her. I logged in today and saw the new manager and decided I was not fussing with this visit any longer. I check and sure enough the visit date had not been extended. I returned the visit and wrote a detailed account of what happened in the 'other' field.

I know that as of now, they only have one reliable rep (me) in the area. They've had a few people come and go, but nobody they can count on. They are frequently asking me to take visits I have decided not to take. So, now I'm just not going to be willing to work with them on this one unless I am getting double pay for my trouble.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

LHofsdal

Canastota, NY
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  3:10:41 PM  Send LHofsdal an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have signed up with them a long time ago, never accepted any work from them because of the negative postings on here. Today I get this email:

Haven't logged in lately? We miss you!! Our tremendous growth and recent upgrades allow us to offer contractors exciting new opportunities to grow their Independent Merchandising business beginning NOW.

We're looking for Contractors who are committed to providing exemplary service in their selected area. Using an advanced scoring system, we will reward contractors who consistently complete work orders correctly and on time.

Castforce offers projects in CVS, Target, Kohl’s. Walmart, Kroger, 7-Eleven, Lowe’s, Sam’s Club, and many other major retailers nationwide.

If you would like to revisit us for contracting opportunities, please sign in using the link below:

Castforce Contractor Portal

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

The Castforce Team

(941) 227-4372 Support
www.castforce.com

I decided to see what they have to offer so I click the link. See they have some work in my area. Left the page open on my laptop to start making dinner. After dinner I am checking my email and I receive this email,(now mind you I am still logged in to the portal)

This automated message has been generated due to you not logging into your Castforce portal. Several automated reminder messages have been previously communicated to you with no response. Due to this inactivity, we have automatically restricted your access. If you had any problems logging in, or you would like to reactivate your account, please contact the Castforce Helpdesk directly:

Email: helpdesk@castforce.com
Phone: (941) 227-4372

Thank you,
Castforce Operations

Castforce, Inc.
4440 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34232

I have never received any prior emails about logging in, so I find this whole situation laughable!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  3:34:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the same email and a new district manager to boot. They were the ones that kicked me out due to my getting delayed with shipments that did not arrive on time and they missed me?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  9:33:23 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am more selective about what assignments that I accept from Castforce.
To their credit, they tell you up front before you apply/accept a job if there will be a shipment to you. To their credit, they tell you either in the job offer or by email that when a shipment is to be sent to you that you will be billed a certain amount per job if the job is not done. They specify that and have you respond that you understand and agree to that.
I seldom (almost never) accept jobs from them under those terms.
I have been blessed to receive my shipments and receive extensions when the delivery is delayed.
============
The following comments are NOT restricted to Cast Force, but apply to the problem presented.
I use the UPS MyChoice program at no charge. That UPS program advises me before the UPS shipment gets anywhere near the local truck. I have the choice to reroute the shipment to the local distribution center electronically while the shipment is still out of town.
I do not pay for the upgraded version, but if I were not so close to the truck depot/distribution center, I would consider it. That program also allows me to set my account NOT to "driver release" shipments. IF I am concerned about a shipment, I place a printed sign in my front door window advising the driver NOT to "driver release" a shipment.
===========
FedEx has a similar program.

In both cases, most of the shipments cause alerts before the shipments reach the first transfer point from the shipper.
FedEx Ground is a royal PIA to not have delivered to my home, but I have arranged electronically for delivery FEDEX Ground to take the shipment to a FEDEX Office location instead. The delivery there can cause a day or two delay to my receipt of the FEDEX Ground delivery.
At least I get an alert to know exactly what day and what hour the shipment is placed on the local FEDEX Ground truck as well as progress information using the FEDEX app on my PC or tablet or smart. cell phone.
FEDEX other than ground is a different set of rules, but I can electronically intercept most of them if I do not want home delivery. I have the choice of alternate sites offered including the FEDEX distribution center.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  9:46:15 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also had a job set of dates changed by Castforce. The email advised me how to advise CastForce if the new dates would not work for me. I did CC that reply to the area supervisor.
While I did NOT get an acknowledgement, there was no penalty for the job charged to me when I did not do the job on the new dates. I was not charged the fee related to POP shipments to my home in that case.
Communication by email response was key.
I also had a manager change in that time period.

To be very clear ... I never did that job.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2015 :  7:26:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have you received any type of documentation concerning billing if you did not complete the job? Have you signed any documentation to this fact? If not, if I were you, I would run away from this group. Even though this is 1099 compensation, this smacks of unfair treatment, very questionable business tactics. Heaven forbid that you completed a project, and were unable to file a completion due to a power or internet outage, then get billed for it.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2015 :  05:20:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you agree for a shipment, it tells you what company is handling the package. Since I have a PO Box listed as my primary address, I have to choose what address I want something sent to. This most recent shipment was coming FedEx so I looked up the address of the FedEx Office a half mile away and filled that in. We will see how that goes.

Robert, when one agrees to do a work order that has a shipment, one is directed to fill out an agreement that states how much Castforce states each shipment is worth and you agree to keep the package safe and to complete the work order or you will be charged the advised amount. You electronically sign the form or the work order is removed.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2015 :  5:05:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HeatherP, Thank you for the clarification. In this day, there are many companies that would think nothing sneaking this through.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2015 :  5:23:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have gone over to steady work, it has worked out fairly well for us, I have been busy enough to not check in here, reminds me of how much we had to go through just to survive, I feel for you folks having to go through all the nonsense just to survive, we passed on this company years ago, they mess up and you pay for it???? Don't think so, it wasn't right back then it is not still.
HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  03:53:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yet another area manager.

No idea yet if the shipping options with FedEx will work, so far they have pushed the execution date back two months.

I saw jobs on the job board that are supposed to take 20 minutes. Instead of paying the full hour like usual, they were paying $5.50 for 30 minutes, flat rate. I passed.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums