Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  1:11:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought I would post this in regards to a previous post regarding paid time.

"All jobs (not tasks) will have a one-hour minimum time allocation. Your pay will be based on check in and out, if check-out occurs earlier than the minimum time allocation, you will always be paid for actual time. "

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  4:40:46 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were paying via an oddball debit card system. Has that changed?

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  12:09:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not happy about the hourly pay; I prefer the piece rate. I was getting bonus money from them too. They pay by bank deposit or check. They went from being sometimes generous to stingy.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  04:28:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paying Direct deposit now, I don't think they're doing checks now.

I prefer the project pay also, but with the cards and me being out of the business for awhile, hourly is probably best. at least I know how to work that.

I have a weight limit now, so I'm hoping I can stay working some and not cause problems.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  11:32:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

Not happy about the hourly pay; I prefer the piece rate. I was getting bonus money from them too. They pay by bank deposit or check. They went from being sometimes generous to stingy.

Plus, aren't you paying for the data on your smartphone so they can track you? Are they paying you anything for this?
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  11:39:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No it is a real rip off.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  04:45:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What all companies are they servicing? I can't do anything with heavy, so that's why I'm staying with the Speedways and CVS.

I'm just getting back into merchandising after a 3 year time off. I'm lucky to have a prepaid data plan that I pay for anyway.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  05:18:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are working as part time with our current gig, although we are sometimes working over 40 hours a week we are still classified as part time, we still have 2 companies that we are IC, we write off just about all of our un-reimbursed expenses this way, yes Hubby understands how this works, and so does our tax lady.
The legality is not in question as he knows where we stand.. they don't think that the understand our rights in Cali but that we can sort out at any time down the road, we still really enjoy our jobs and do not feel we need to rock the boat as it is known, it may be broken but we don't need to fix it at this point in time as we ARE doing quite well and enjoying life the way we want to.
If you pay for your data and not reimbursed that is against the law here in Cali, if they are providing you with the equipment you need to do your job then they satisfied this requirement, if they track you with GPS they have the right to know where there equipment is at any given time.
MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  09:42:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They aren't providing the equipment, data or even paying a stipend. I don't believe they have the right to track you with your own equipment.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  05:16:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, after 3 years away from the business, I finished 2 jobs. Both went over the allocated time. I wonder if I'll be paid the entire time, or just the allocated time.

Just like any new job, it takes time to get back in the groove.

I had forgot how hard we work. By the end of the week, my muscles will be telling me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  08:51:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are a employee they will have too pay the extra time.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  3:53:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That can depend if the job is hourly of fixed rate.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  5:20:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Manager stated that I will be paid 'in store' time, so the overage will be paid. That's a relief.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2016 :  12:50:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is also the drive time between stores and mileage.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2016 :  09:51:59 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting to be paid for work I did for them in October! I gave them the Skylight card information for the one I already had. Not a single penny has been deposited on it, nor has any check been sent to me. That's 5 months now not being paid.

As for contacting them? Good luck getting a response. You call, it's a voicemail. Sometimes, after calling 4 or 5 times, you get called back.
You e-mail? I don't think their staff knows how that "reply" button works.

They're also very pushy. They will call you, beg you to do a last minute job, even when you say you can't do it, they will keep pushing and pushing and pushing until you finally say yes just to make it stop.
Then, they get all upset because it doesn't get done in THEIR time frame, despite being upfront with them stating that you didn't have time to do it, and it's 100% your fault because you COMMITTED to their project, and they put you on "probation", never to hear from them again.

This company has gone so far downhill, not impressed one bit. It went from a decent company to just greed and rudeness with no respect for their workers whatsoever.

Maybe the founding staff should have stayed at National In-store, and maybe I shouldn't have done that test project for them so they were able to get that prepaid credit card account because I did it so quickly, impressing their client so many years ago.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  1:26:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BlueAbe, my manager has been very nice and gets back to me very quickly. I haven't had to call her, just emails. I have called support a couple of times, and had to wait a few minutes to talk to someone, but they were very helpful and kind to me.

ActorMichael, I was just wondering about that, and you've already answered my question before I could even ask. Thank you.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  11:20:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company was pretty nice to work for before. Now it is just big pain. They went from being generous to cheap. I spend too much time calling support because of that app does not work functionally and sending emails to a manager who rarely responds. I went two months going blank with them for this crud.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  12:45:06 PM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started working for them last week. My first assignment went well but the next two, I am getting error messages downloading the instructions from the app and they are not on the desktop site. They are not very responsive to phone calls and emails so I have had to reschedule until I can get the instructions.

They do not seem to stop assigning me more locations to service though.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  04:19:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seen my 1st paystub, no drive time or mileage between stores unless I'm driving 60 miles or more. I was hoping.

Iron Chef Toni, I don't download from the app, but from portal on my laptop. Instructions are on the 'back' side of the assignments.

They don't assign me locations, I choose the stores. If you don't choose the stores, you don't get them.

Monday, I had a terrible time with CVS stores, no submit report button on 2 of my 3stores. Was on hold for 45 minutes with support. Sounded like support needed some strong coffee and more support. Overwhelmed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  08:34:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After first location they are suppose to pay for mileage and drive time.
After the first location is not a commute.

Bunch of crooks; I was informed that they do not pay for drive time or mileage.

Michael
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums