Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Karen S
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  7:27:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for those shops in May too and never heard anything back. I have emailed a few times needing assistance to log in the the site and no one ever responds to me.

Karen
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Karen S
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  7:40:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I forgot to ask...

Can someone give the me the website address where I can log in and search for jobs? I have an agent ID number. The web address in my emails from them do not work anylonger.

Thanks..

Karen
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  4:29:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Karen - I'm fairly sure they do not have a website where you can search for jobs. I receive e-mails from them when jobs are available.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Jean M
Contributor

Cypress, Texas
USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:21:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for work with CAST because they emailed me a work request through Narms and thought I was Hired ...Got an employee ID:# and then nothing for the longest and then this past Monday 6/8/09 I got an email from them then a list fo stores to pick from and so I chose 17 stores...Did not want to over do it the first time I work for them within a 30 mile radius of home....Suppose to be picking up expired gift credit cards at Wallie Mart<<<<(that's a joke)and taking photos...but then they send me a listof the stores I chose and I comfirm and then email said that if I hear from them I have the work but if I don't (by the 15th.JUNE) I will not have the job's and may be chosen as an alternative....
I am fairley new at this merchandising, only did some for demo agencies here....but I have been trying for ever to get started in it...So this is all really odd to me ...I mean what do you do, wait and keep your fingers crossed that you get some work or if some of their better people don't pick up all the work you might get to chase all over town for them ???? I don't get it? I think if I get other work I am taking it & to heck with this guessing game
Can someone explaine this to me please...Any feedback on this will really be appredciated....

Jeanette Orlando
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  04:54:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jean, you are getting the same thing that I got and I'm not new to merchandising. Sounds almost like 'lead ads', otherwise, they are lining up merchandisers as backups with 1 actually getting the job, and the rest of us waiting on the sidelines. I'm NOT holding my breath.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:15:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email the first of the week and requested two locations. I wrote and asked when I would know if I got the assignment and he said this Friday.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:20:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I asked how to search for jobs on the website, here is the email sent back. We currently do not have an agent login for project work. We will be adding that ability however in 60-90 days.

This was on 6-9

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  10:37:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received an e-mail and I received 4 of the 7 Walmarts I requested. Hopefully, everyone else hears back soon.
Go to Top of Page

Hallie
Contributor

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  4:58:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received all (13) the stores requested, but once reading the directions they want a lot from you. 3 pictures per store, purchasing a mailing envelope or box to return expired cards at the store youb are servicing, printing UPS labels for each store prior to servicing store. You cannot ask for a box from Claims to return the cards. You MUST purchase the box or mailing envelope at the store. I may have missed all this when I read the job guidelines, but I don't think it is worth it. You get one hour per store.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  6:03:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't read anything like that, when I requested the jobs. Sounds kinda cheap to me, also.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  8:50:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hallie I agree, just read over all the insructions earlier for this project. I had the same thought on it, lots to do and having to track down 2 manager to do it! Glad I only got 4 of the 7, I requested.
Go to Top of Page

Jean M
Contributor

Cypress, Texas
USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  12:59:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received 1 out of 17 stores I requested within 23 miles of me and I don't think I am doing it. So little pay and all the instructions 11 pages of instructions and more after you finish not to mention paying up front for the package. If they were going to give me one store they could have made it closer to my home. I am surrounded by Wallie marts. To me it is a big waste of printer ink & copy paper. Especially Black ink....with that logo of theirs.
I want to thank you all for the info. and feedback on this matter.

Jeanette Orlando
Go to Top of Page

Hallie
Contributor

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  3:50:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree. I declined all stores assigned to me after reading everything. Perhaps they could up the pay of they weren't so techno with everything else. All the links and fancy websites and things. Oh My! I am too busy to deal with it all.
Go to Top of Page

LecaD
Trainee

MO
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  10:31:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had a positive experience with these jobs? I liked them the first time, and this time we didn't have to count facings, so it was even easier. You fax in a simple one page form and IF you buy a mailer, you write on the form what you spent and they reimburse you.
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  2:22:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am located in Southern Illinois, and I just completed my 4 WM stores. I had requested 6 stores, but only got 4. Of course, of the 4 I received, they did not include the one in the town I live in. So, here's the scoop:

I drove 157.9 miles,
Spent $18.61 in gas,
Spent a total (driving and working) 6.5 hours,
Will receive $48.00 in pay.

Breakdown:
$48.00
less gas 18.61
Net Pay....$29.39

That makes it $4.52 per hour less wear and tear on the car.

I guarantee NONE of the managerial staff of CAST would EVER work for that hourly wage.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  04:26:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jim, you should be allowing the IRS mileage rate, last year 58.5 cents per mile. With that case, your 157.9 miles adds up to $92.37 (which includes your gas cost, along with wear and tear).

Pay $48.00 minus mileage costs $92.37, adds up to you working 6.5 for a grand total of -$44.37. A write off on taxes to my outlook.

I hope you enjoyed your drive, I know parts of your country are lovely.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  05:47:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When they finally responded with the 4 stores I knew I was going in the hole. The only reason I finished it is because I said I would. I figure I am the only one I HAVE to sleep with and my conscience is clear. Besides, I intend to follow up on this to the CEO of the company. I have enough extra time on my hands to follow through with finding out who the chief honchos are and how to contact them. The Chamber of Commerce and BBB do have their uses every now and then.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  2:49:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a good write off for taxes. I find that I have had alot of jobs that were a write off. Sometimes I will do the job just to be helpful and make the supervisor appreciate me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Hallie
Contributor

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  4:25:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In this day and age, I will not work for a write off. I have been in this business for 30 years and seen many changes (many for the worse).
If we keep taking jobs that cost us, we will continue to see pay rates go down.
I have been in position to see what the companies charge the client for payment to do a service call for them. As an example a company will charge $45 per call to the client, pay a merchandiser $8 - $12 to do the call. Taking the higher pay rate, the company is still making $33 per call x 1500 doors = $39,600.
We are all a talented group of people who have to make on the spot decisions, endure disrespectful managers and/or store employees, upfront money that can take 2 months to get back, put miles and wear and tear on our vehicles, drive through all types of weather, deal with last minute changes, or jobs disappearing with no explanation, sometimes fighting to get paid and companies closing with no notification.
Personally I think we should be paid much more than these companies offer us. Unfortunately, they don't and we have to live, so we work at these rates.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  09:53:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judy, I would be so grateful if you would give me the name of the company that supplies the gift cards. I do Dollar stores but they don't keep me busy and I love the gift cards. One lady from this forum sent me an email regarding questions I had about a certain job but I didn't know how to send you a private one. I live in Mississippi.
Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums