Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Jean M
Contributor

Cypress, Texas
USA
613 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  3:42:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Hallie for the Post you made 6/18/09. I agree with you 100 percent. I have just started getting into merchandising and I am beginning to beleive I'll be going Bass Ackwards. Parden the expression but I also work Demos and some of them have gone the same direction.... Now CAST has an event(just sent to me 2PM this afternoon) that pays $30. each and it's installing a water fall. I have not watched the video yet.I am close to several Sams here but CAST has this at 1 HR. for each but something tells me it's going to be a lot longer then that to get it all set up get permission and signage...etc., etc.... Not to mention walking your legs off in these big stores trying to find the right person and locations...
Good luck everybody...and Thank You So Very Much for the information posted ..It is so helpful.

Jeanette Orlando
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  04:44:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jean, at my Sams store, I always stop at customer service and ask "who's working xxx dept, today". We sign in back at receiving, so if we really don't need anyone, we can go ahead and do the job and then get signature. that's ONLY IF we know ahead of time, where things are going to go.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  12:45:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NOTICE I am editing this post for those of you who had already read it can see the changes. A CAST representative is stating I WILL get paid for this job. If I do get paid for it, I will post and let you know. However, please understand that I won't know until the middle of August as that is when the normal pay for the Sam's clubs pay out.

I just tried to do a Sam's Club. I spent an hour and a half there looking for the display boxes. The assistant manager and I looked for the entire hour and a half. He checked his books, and the boxes were received, but he thinks they threw them out.

I had him sign the visit verification stating this and when I got home I called support. He asked me if I had received the email they sent out yesterday stating that the displays did not get to most stores. I told him this store stated they had received them but have thrown them out. I was told the store manager was to call the person on the bottom of the store introductory letter and then they would have "magically appeared". Those were the support guy's words. I told him what I thought of CAST after doing to WalMart job. I only agreed to this one because it is 3 miles from me and it was for $30.00. I thought I would make up some of what I lost on WalMart.

I told the guy at support about the complaints about them on the internet and he asked where. He said on volition? I said yep. He stated there were no complaints on this site regarding them. I called him a liar because I had posted one myself listing what it had cost me versus what they paid. He said, "Yes, I read that one." I guess he did not consider it a complaint.

He stated that what I should have done when I only received 4 of my original request was to have called them and either canceled the jobs or requested more money. He said, "We would have probably given you more money. That was your first job with us and no new person gets all they ask for. You have to prove yourself."

This is the end of the line for me and CAST.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  5:20:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jim, I just signed up for 1 WM for next week. Did you get paid on time? I will be in that store that week anyway, so IF I get it, I'll try them ONCE.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  04:19:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, pay for the Walmart stores I did are not due to be mailed out until the week of July 15th.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  1:58:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok Jim, I haven't heard back yet and they want it done Monday, so I doubt if I get it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  3:44:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been notified of a Wal-Mart Back To College Display Audit &
Expired Product Removal Project only paying $12.00 a store (I think). Is this the same job everyone has discussed earlier in the forum involving the gift and expired cards? Someone noted that we have to pay for our return envelopes and it involves more work than what meets the eyes.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  5:32:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it similar, but a new time frame.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  1:47:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, it's the same type of job, just different gift cards this time. Anytime you have to remove expired cards you will have to purchase envelopes because the cards themselves cannot leave the stores except by shipping. Which also means printing shipping labels on label paper.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  2:22:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jim,
Does the store print the labels? I would hope so because for $12.00 and buying an envelope to send expired cards back I would be in the hole.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  11:11:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, Lisa, in your instructions you will find that you are to print the labels at home before you go. What we are required to do is the service the stores pay for. This was the first company I have worked with that did not mail out packets of what was needed, or at least had the return bags, boxes,or envelopes at the store.
Go to Top of Page

Jean M
Contributor

Cypress, Texas
USA
613 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  10:49:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine told me that you could purchase the label paper to print on at the dollar store. It is probably a small packet but she said you could get all sizes of labels and for $1.00 & not be out a lot of cash for the first time you need it.
I am new to the merchandising business but I have worked Demo events for about 6 years and this Cast company seems really cheap to me ...Every company I ever demoed for supplied everything and I mean everything, some companies even give you printed envelopes to mail in the paperwork and report.

Jeanette Orlando
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  06:39:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really wouldn't worry about buying label paper. It is an unnecessary expense in my opinion. When I do these, I just have the associate use the tape gun to tape the label really good onto the package. It will still scan for UPS if it is covered in clear tape.
Go to Top of Page

DaveCar

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  12:04:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same horror story about the waterfall display. Store could not locate, then the next week, they found the pallet skirt but nothing else. Then the email saying they have them. I found the second box but it only had the plexi glass. So......I place the mounts to the plexi glass and laid them on the cart. The afternoon COS said they would rig something up. Then I am ready to go and the night shift manager comes in and he says I know where the graphics panel is. It was in the upper racks in the middle of the store. It was there for over a week. Only he knew this location. A 90 minute job turned into 3 hours.

I performed the expired credit card project 3 weeks ago, only had 12 cards and purchased the smallest yellow envelope, 62 cents, which is reimbursed. I will find out soon I hope if payment is sent.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Jean M
Contributor

Cypress, Texas
USA
613 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  9:28:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JeffAL thanks so much for the info. about the labels. I thought about what you said about the tape, but I was not sure if they would except it that way. I have received UPS,FedEX & U.S. Mail like that but some of these companies want things done a certain way and it better be that way.

Jeanette Orlando
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  9:31:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got emailed today that my check for the Walmart job has been processed and mailed. It sated it was for $61.50. I was only expecting $52.50, so I will let you know when I receive it and what the extra was for.
Go to Top of Page

Jim49
Trainee

Marion, Illinois
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  09:14:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just received an email from the gentleman at CAST which stated he had them put in the extra for the amount of gas I used. I thanked him and wished him well.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  05:02:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just notified about a GreenDot job at CVS drugstores.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  7:29:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Green Dot is fun. I did the project for another company. It's an easy job that pays good for the short time you are there.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  11:07:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for 10 stores nearby where I normally work. There are others, but out of my normal working area.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums