Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Creative Agency Services Team, Inc. (CASTFORCE)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

FrankHeld
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  07:19:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RobinC

I have picked up several jobs for them that are due this week. They are for discount stores that are open late. My question is ... Do I have to go during typical work hours (8-5), or, since they are open later hours, can I go anytime they are open? I am pretty knew with this company and I was not sure their policy. Times are not listed in the instructions.

Most stores want merchandisers out of the aisles as early as possible. I'd try to be done before 3pm.

Frank
MSPA silver certified. Servicing all of Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  8:32:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of the stores I do say 7 A-5P or 8A-5p, for merchandisers, If its a reset I've had times as early as 5 Am as they want it done and you out of the way before stores busy times of day.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  10:39:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It could also depend on the company you are working for and the business that you are doing the reset or service in. I do resets for several gas station/convenience stores and they don't care what time we do the reset. They actually welcome us doing them very late at night because it is their least busy times. The company that I contract to doesn't care one way or the other....if the hours are ok with store management, it's ok with the company. I would suggest asking your DM and if it doesn't matter to the company you are working for then ask the management of the store you are doing the reset in.
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  09:28:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
..just talked to CAST..they are processing the october CVS visits and will pay out by friday..

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  8:16:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of my companies want me out of there by 4:00 pm.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

FrankHeld
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  07:36:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard from them lately? I haven't had any work from them in a couple months.

Frank
MSPA silver certified. Servicing all of Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:55:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had those clip strips jobs a month ago to install in the drug stores and then had to go back to remove because the 'large drug store chain' does not allow them. I usually see posts for jobs about once every 6-8 weeks.
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:58:19 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
An email came out today for my area, but nothing close enough to apply for.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

LarryB
Trainee

Lanesboro, MA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  5:52:10 PM  Send LarryB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just started seeing some work in Western Ma/Albany ny area from them seems they cheapened up their pay on the green dot projects

Larry
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  7:09:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get emails from them, but never any stores in my area. I was at my computer when I got the last one and clicked the link right away, but the stores in my area were not on the list.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  7:27:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the last couple months I've received their emails and only 1 maybe close to me but normally it was 8 to 12. This tells me someone has 1st pick over me and I'm being asked to do the left overs. With the fee reductions and 1 not going to bother with them. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I have worked for them over a year, always completed on time, not dealing with left overs.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  2:50:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have also received 5 emails since December with open stores in my area and have not been chosen for an assignment yet. At least I have enough to keep me busy with the other companies I work with.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  3:12:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for 2 different assignments with several locations in my area. They stated that if we had applied with no results, please say so, they would like to offer more people work. Well, I applied, and stated that if I did not get any of these assignments, I would not waste my time again. I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'll be ignoring their recruitment emails.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  5:32:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say that not all the time but I do get work from them most of the time they ask. Not always all the locations but some or most. They have a box that asks if you work for them in the past 90 days and I always mark yes. It will not be enough work for me to work for them only but it is good extra. And the pay is good!!

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  12:33:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Love this company. They pay consistently and they always have work for me. Since last fall, I've been getting regular work from them. A couple months ago, a scheduler emailed and offered me the same jobs that I had the previous month. She said they were available and since I had already done them before, would I be interested in doing them again. Of course I said SURE!

When I get an email to apply for jobs, I usually get the ones I request. But living in a more rural area, I request only 2 or 3 and they're usually in places that aren't grabbed up quickly anyway.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  1:41:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for SMP before CAST took over SMPs work, but still nothing for me. Now the job that I gave up, servicing vending machines, is open again. The on=call part of the job is the reason I gave it up, and nothing else.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  4:54:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My machines do not require a lot of on call calls. Once in awhile but the pay is good for them so I do not mind. I do both employee jobs and 1099 jobs.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  5:57:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did that job for about a year, I starting feeling that I couldn't have a life. I had 2 machines and no backup person. Most people are supposed to have a backup, but evidently they couldn't find anyone for my machines.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  8:35:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I received an email from them for a "part-time employees to service high end kiosk/vending machines with cutting edge technology. These machines are state-of-the-art, and vend expensive products such as MP3s, make-up, etc."

Has anyone done this kind of work before for them? The webpage it linked to showed a Proactiv vending machine, which I've seen in malls. Is this physically demanding work? How much time does it take? The description says an hour for the weekly work; is that reasonable? It also mentions service calls 1-2 times a month. Are these difficult? I'm pretty computer literate and can handle minor repair work.

Any comments from those that do the work?

The fine print says that if I'm hired I can no longer do the IC work for them. That's OK because I've only been picked once in the year that I've been signed up with them.

Thanks for any insight!

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  01:36:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cari, I received the e-mail, but decided against it. Probably it's not as difficult as it sounds. I didn't like how you are required to service the machine in an emergency within 3 hours, always being on call. That seems to be asking a lot for a low paying job.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums