Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Consumer Critique, Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  6:09:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any information on Consumer Critique, Inc. to share? They are on the Volition list but that is all I know about them. Thanks

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.

Melissa G

Sacramento, CA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  7:25:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are a wonderful company to work for. They pay on time although not the highest of pay for apartments but everyone is super nice and helpful.

Melissa Gardner
MSPA silver certified shopping for 6 years all over the Sacramento region
Go to Top of Page

Judy Lav03

California
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  8:59:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree they are a great company to work for, very reputable. The people at the company are nice and respond quickly if you need help. They appear to be loyal to their shoppers. Once you successfully complete an assignment you can expect more offers. They will call you or email you with shop offers. Their apartment pay is decent, same as any other company. Their phone shops are a little on the low side. As long as you submit your invoice by the due date, you can expect your check for that month a few business days after on time always.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  9:24:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They're fantastic. Jennifer, especially, is very easy to work with. Their instructions are very clear, their restaurant reimbursements are generous, and they pay quickly. They are definitely one of the better companies to work for.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

ShaunaInOregon
Valued Contributor

Canby, Oregon
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  08:20:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for them too! The pay may not be the same compared to other companies, but they always pay within a week of invoicing them and I have never ever had to track down my payment for a job.
The employees are very friendly and easy to get a hold of through email or the phone, which I think is great.

Good luck!

Shopping the Portland and surrounding areas.

MSPA Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

BobbyL
Valued Contributor

Boston, Massachusetts
USA
158 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  7:01:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone has the URL for Consumer Critique? Thanks in advance.

Bobby
Gold certified Metrowest Boston
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  8:11:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They don't use a website for shopping. In my experience, it's mostly by phone (the personal touch *s*) followed by email. You can email Jennifer@consumercritique.com and ask if they are accepting shoppers in your area.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  06:44:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately they haven't had any shops in my area but I still love reading their newsletter. There are so few companies that provide newsletters. I find the newsletter also provides the personal touch that Julie is referring to.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page

Delta_in_TN
Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  6:11:09 PM  Send Delta_in_TN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone shopped for this company lately?

Shopping Nashville, TN metro
Silver #oa5qaa
Go to Top of Page

ShaunaInOregon
Valued Contributor

Canby, Oregon
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  11:32:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Absolutely, I still shop for them every single month. I would not hesitate to take additional shops from them at any time. They are very easy to get in touch with over the phone, and their emails are always answered within an hour or two.

Shopping the Portland and surrounding areas.

MSPA Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2004 :  10:51:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've recently completed a couple of shops for Lynn at Consumer Critique, and I have another one scheduled. Shauna is right about how quickly they respond to phone calls or emails.

They pay quickly, as well.
Go to Top of Page

Laura
Contributor

Hood River, Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  06:46:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed an apartment shop for this company in August. Once I submitted my invoice, I had my check within a couple of weeks. I love working for this company. The people are real friendly and easy to work with. I just wish they had more jobs.

Gold Certified in Hood River.
Go to Top of Page

Amber Ferry

Northern CA, CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  10:02:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Consumer Critique is simply awesome!! Their paymenys are ALWAYS on time and I have conducted many many shops for them. The staff is friendly, easy to contact and I would recommend anyone shop for them at any time.

Amber Ferry
Go to Top of Page

JamieH
Contributor

Clackamas, Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  4:59:15 PM  Visit JamieH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really enjoy shopping for this company. They are supportive and quick to pay. This is a very good company!

Jamie H
Shopping Oregon
Go to Top of Page

JennyW
Valued Contributor

Bartlett, Tennessee
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  08:10:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied with Consumer Critique a little over a week ago via the on-line application, and I haven't heard anything back yet. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to approve applications or if they contact you only when work is available in your area. Thanks!

MSPA Silver Certified 7/21/04 #oitvxn

Shopping Memphis, TN and loving it!
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  10:52:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They contacted me fairly quickly about a job right after I sent in all their forms. I did the job for them in April, I think, and it was a really great place! I have not heard from them since, nor have I received any feedback on that shop. I assume there is a long rotation for this shop based on the circumstances. But I would love to do it again!

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  5:04:35 PM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done four shops for this company. They all were for meals in members only clubs. The nice thing was I signed for the meals and didn't have to wait to be reimbursed. In addition I got to see three fancy clubs that I never would have seen otherwise. I look forward to more of them.
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  9:04:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Janice-NoVA,
Well, I agreed today to do one of those dining in an "exclusive" club shops for them today...hopefully it can be done this weekend. Can I ask you some questions about it? I have just read the guidelines and it talks about how the management (or somebody) may ask where you're from, what the name of the club is, can they see your card and all these other things. The guidelines give scripts and such, but did you get asked these things? Also, how dressed up did you have to get?
Thanks so much for letting me pick your brain about this, because I'm just a tad jittery about pulling this off!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  04:35:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BeverlyAnn

I have just read the guidelines and it talks about how the management (or somebody) may ask where you're from, what the name of the club is, can they see your card and all these other things. The guidelines give scripts and such, but did you get asked these things? Also, how dressed up did you have to get?
Thanks so much for letting me pick your brain about this, because I'm just a tad jittery about pulling this off!!!

Dress business-esque. Slacks or skirt, no sneakers! If you are going with a man, make sure he wears a dress jacket and tie! Better to be overdressed than under dressed. Go to the website where all of the different clubs are located (you will see the name on the guidelines)so that you can at least have a visual of what the club (you are from) looks like. I was asked how the club I visited differed from "My club" I told them it was more of an outdoors country club setting. I saw the video and knew what the location looked like.

They usually will not ask you for a card. Your information will already be on the guest list when you arrive. If they ask many questions just mention that you just moved to the area and are back home visiting family and tying up lose ends and that is why you are at this local club.

GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  04:46:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Jules, for the good tips! My guidelines tell me that the name of the club I am to use is also the name of one of their clubs in Tennessee, but that my club is a "virtual" club that I am supposed to have joined on-line because my area has no clubs nearby! And that if I'm asked the name of my club, that it "may cause confusion" but to tell them I'm in their system! Hoo-Boy! But where my husband is originally from (way up above Scranton, PA) would be a good place to say we're from....they're lucky they've even got a WalMart...big news up there!!!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  04:53:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BeverlyAnn
It is a really fun shop. The club in Boston was excellent!! Just act naturally and have fun. The staff at Consumer Critique are very helpful if you should have any questions.
Good luck!

GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums